Intention

Comeback, Brother!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16: Intention

 

“Dahyun ah, tell me what I should do to make Chef Mark mine. I’ll do anything.”

Youngjae was surprised by Jihyo’s words. “What?? Jihyo, don’t be kidding! How can you say it easily?”

“I’m serious. Dahyun is right, if I can get Chef Mark, my future will be guaranteed” Jinyoung answered casually.

Yugyeom and Bambam were laughing to hear Jihyo’s respond. Meanwhile Youngjae stared at Jihyo deeply. Softly he said, “You disappointed me Jihyo ya..”

He said it, got up and then walked away, leaving Jinyoung in confuse.

“Why is he mad?” Jinyoung asked Dahyun.

“He’s just jealous.. don’t mind him..” Dahyun simply respond, and then she took Jihyo’s hand and led her to get outside the class. “Let’s go talk somewhere else. We can’t talk with narrow-minded people..”

“Heol, who you mean narrow-minded people?” Bambam protested.

But Dahyun ignored him and continued to walk outside.

Reaching the stairs, Jinyoung directly asked, “So tell me how to get Chef Mark?”

“Mmm you should spend more time with him.. Have a quality time together.. Try to have a date with him..” answered Dahyun.

“Date?” Jihyo pursed her lips. “That’s difficult..”

“You should make an event when there are only the two of you.”

Jihyo was thinking for a while until she clapped her hands. “Ah! I know! I can ask Chef to give me a cook lesson, how?”

“That’s good!” said Dahyun excitedly. “When you have a cook lesson with him, ask him questions related to cooking, try to show that you’re excited to have a cook lesson from him, praise him a lot. And don’t forget, try to have a skinship.” Dahyun gave advices.

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows. “Skinship? Is that necessary?”

“It is..” Dahyun said as she held Jihyo’s hand.

Jinyoung suddenly felt nervous as Dahyun held Jihyo’s hand. Yeah, of course skinship is necessary.

 

-00-

 

After the restaurant was closed, Jinyoung followed Mark to his office.

“Chef..” Jinyoung started to execute his plan.

“Uhm?” responded Mark without looking at Jihyo.

“Give me a cook lesson, please..” Jihyo said it short and sharp.

Mark directly looked up. “What are you just saying?”

“Teach me how to cook, Chef.. You have promised my oppa, right?”

Mark pursed his lips. “Have I?”

Jinyoung sighed. “Don’t act like you forgot, Chef..”

Mark chuckled. “Why do you suddenly want to learn to cook?”

“I want to be a Chef..” Jinyoung said it firmly. “You told the food blogger that I’m not a Chef. It hurts me..”

Mark laughed it off and it upset Jinyoung. “Chef, you told me not to stay silent when someone put you down, but you have put me down Chef.”

“I didn’t put you down, I’m stating the truth.”

“Heol, that’s why I want to be a Chef.. I want you to acknowledge me as a Chef!”

Mark laughed so hard. “A Chef that I acknowledged. Sounds great! But still, I don’t want to teach you..”

Jihyo pouted and then screamed, “Cheeeff..”

First attempt to get a cook lesson from Chef Mark was failed, but it’s not Jinyoung if he give up easily.

 

-00-

 

The next day, Dahyun welcomed Jihyo as she entered the class with questioning about Chef Mark. Jihyo sighed. She told Dahyun that Chef Mark turned down her request. But Dahyun cheered her up and told her to keep pursuing Mark.

Jinyoung then tried to ask Mark again about giving Jihyo a cook lesson. But Mark still said no. The other Chefs found out about Jihyo’s request to Mark, and they offered to give Jihyo a lesson.

“I don’t want it if it’s not from Chef Mark.” Jinyoung told them firmly.

“Whhyy?” asked Jackson in disbelieve.

“You don’t believe our talent? For your information, we can teach you better than Mark.” Brian added.

“No. It’s because he was the one who put me down in front of that food blogger. I want him to be responsible for his action.” Jinyoung said that as he sent a glance to Mark.

“Responsible?” Mark laughed.

“But Chef Mark is busy, Jihyo ya.. You can learn from us, and then you can show him what you have learned-” Jaebum still tried to pursue Jihyo, but got cut.

“No.no.no. I want to get the lesson from him only. Him. Only.” Jinyoung said it as he looked at Mark intensely.

Listened to that, Mark was trying so hard not to smile, because deep inside his heart he was happy that Jihyo want to get a lesson from him only. “Just go back home and keep dreaming on that, Park Jihyo. I still say no.” Mark said that as he walked to his office.

Jinyoung was really upset, he kept showing pouty Jihyo. That was when Jaebum stole a glance to look at her and then sighed.

 

-00-

 

After working, as usual Jihyo went home with Jaebum, but this time there came an unexpected guy to pick Jihyo up.

“Youngjae? What are you doing here?” asked Jinyoung as he approached the boy in the uniform.

“Pick you up..” He answered casually.

Jaebum chuckled. “Should we argue about that again? Listen kid, I can walk her home. You don’t need to pick her up. Don’t waste your energy and your time..”

“It’s already late at night, Jae.. Won’t you go home? Your parents must have waiting for you?” Jinyoung added.

“My dad is abroad now, so there’s no one at the house waiting for me.” answered Youngjae simply.

“Yeah, but—“ Jinyoung wanted to argue but got interrupted by Jackson sudden appearance.

“Woah, is he your boyfriend Jihyo ya?”

“Watch your mouth!” Jaebum directly hit Jackson’s head.

“Hyung!!”

Jinyoung tried to explain. “No.. He’s my best friend, Choi Youngjae.. Youngjae, this is Jackson.. and this is Brian Hyung..”

They were shaking hands and then Brian asked, “Are you picking her up?”

Youngjae nodded. “Yeah..”

“Oooh, it’s so sweet. It reminds me of myself back in the high school..” said Brian emotionally.

“Let’s stop it Hyung.. You’re going to cry if you remember your sad love story again.. Let’s go..” said Jackson to Brian and then he turned to Jaebum. “Jaebum Hyung you should go too.. Give them time to be together..”

“Ya! He’s not her boyfriend.” Jaebum told Jackson firmly.

“Just go..” Jackson grabbed Jaebum’s arm and dragged him to go first.

 

Along the way home, Jihyo walked together with Youngjae while Jaebum was walking a few meters behind them. He looked at how comfortable Jihyo talk with Youngjae. Sometimes, he kicked the air to express his jealousy.

As they reached the house, Youngjae asked Jihyo. “Jihyo ya, do you want to work the assignment together?”

“Of course! How about work it in my house now?” Jinyoung answered excitedly.

Youngjae responded fast. “Call.”

Listened to that, Jaebum directly meddled. “Wait, wait.. Jihyo ya, how can you offer a guy to get inside your house this late night?” Then he turned to Youngjae. “And you, how can you say yes?”

 “Can’t I?” Youngjae asked back innocently.

“It’s okay, Jae..” Jinyoung told Youngjae, then he turned to Jaebum. “We only want to study together, Hyung..”

Jaebum held Jihyo’s shoulder and told her firmly. “Jihyo ya, you should be careful.. Who knows, study together is only his tactic to--- to..” He couldn’t finish his words.

But Jinyoung could understand what he mean. He chuckled and then said, “Jaebum hyung, he won’t be dare to land his hand on me. I won’t ever allow him, don’t worry..”

Youngjae was also laughing. “If you worry that much, then you can come with us..”

“Eh?” Jaebum was surprised by that idea, but he agreed. “Mmm, okay then.. I’ll accompany you, Jihyo ya. Let’s go.” He said as he led Jihyo and Youngjae to the rooftop.

“Geez, he’s overprotective..” Jihyo’s complain made Youngjae laugh.

 

-00-

 

While Jihyo and Youngjae got busy over working the assignment, Jaebum was slowly feeling bored. Sometimes he hummed a song, but Jihyo told him to be quiet. And another times he walked around the house just to kill the time. He even bumped with Scheduler who also have nothing to do. Couldn’t hold his boringness any longer, he asked Jihyo and Youngjae, “Don’t you guys hungry? I’ll make you a ramyeon.”

“Woah, I want it Hyung!” Youngjae joyfully welcomed the idea.

Jihyo was also nodding.

Jaebum then cooked ramyeon and they were eating together. Scheduler was also sitting together with them and looking at them in jealousy. I want it too..

“This is really delicious, Hyung.. The most delicious ramyeon that I’ve ever had.” Youngjae praised Jaebum soon after having one spoon of ramyeon that Jaebum made.

Jaebum chuckled. “You’re exaggerating..”

“No, I tell you the truth.. This is really delicious.. Can you share the recipe?” Youngjae asked in curious.

“A Chef’s recipe is a secret..” Jaebum answered jokingly.

It made the others burst out laughing. Then Jaebum asked Jihyo. “Is it really delicious, Jihyo ya?”

“Your ramyeon is always delicious, Hyung..” Jinyoung answered casually.

But that surprised Jaebum. “Always? Is it your first time eating ramyeon that I made?”

That made Jinyoung realize. “Ah! I mean I heard it from Jinyoung oppa.. Ha ha ha.”

“Aaah, that’s right. I always share it with Jinyoung, but he never allow you to join. He said ramyeon is not good for his precious little sister..” Jaebum said that while bending his head down, he suddenly missed Jinyoung. “I should apologize to Jinyoung for giving you this ramyeon.”

Jinyoung laughed. “It’s okay, Hyung.. Jinyoung oppa should’ve allow me from a long time ago..”

Jihyo’s words made Jaebum smile.

“I haven’t met Jihyo’s oppa before.. Is that guy her oppa?” Youngjae asked as he pointed on a picture of Jihyo with Jinyoung and their mom that hanging on the wall.

Jaebum nodded. “Yes, he is.”

“He looks like a decent guy.” Youngjae commented.

Jaebum responded fast. “He is. He is a good oppa and also a good friend. He is our happy virus. Right, Jihyo ya?”

Listened to how Jaebum describe him, Jinyoung was so touched. He could only bend Jihyo’s head down and hide his happy tears.

“If I become Jihyo’s close friend earlier I could have met him, right?”

You met me, Youngjae ya.. Said Jinyoung in his heart.

“Yes you could..” Jaebum answered Youngjae and then turned to look at Jihyo. “Ah, let’s stop talking about Jinyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter