Junhyung

The First Collage

I put my hands in my pockets as we walked out of a Kalbee (Korean BBQ) restaurant.

"Ahh~ I feel like I ate like a king," Dujun said as he rubbed his stomach happily.

Yoseob had treated us all out to eat as an apology for missing two consecutive recording days. He finally came out of the restaurant, checking his now bare wallet before putting it away in his back jean's pocket.

"I wish I knew that Dujun hyung would eat 7 servings of bulgogi. I would've tried to come a little bit more prepared."

"You should know how much I like to eat. Don't underestimate my appetite," Dujun grinned proudly, then took a step near Yoseob and patted his back. "Thanks for the meal again."

"Yeah, thanks, hyung," I heard Dongwoon say. I just continued to stay there quietly.

"Taxi," our leader shouted as he waved down a cab. It stopped right in front of him.

"Anyone else getting on?" He asked, as he opened the car door mid-way.

"I'll go," chimed Gikwang.

"Yeah, let's go together, hyung. Gatchi gaja," Maknae said, getting into the car from the other side.

Dujun looked at the remaining three of us. "Are any of you coming?"

"I have to go back to the studio," I gestured in the direction of the music studio.

"I'm going to go to the company's (Cube Ent.) dance room and practice a bit," Hyunseung said while fixing the beanie on his head.

Yoseob stepped next to me. "I'll go with Junhyung. You guys go home safely.

Dujun got into the backseat of the car and rolled the window down. "Yeah, don't worry, we will. You guys also get a few hours of sleep in."

"Okay, hyung," we said and he rolled up the taxi window and the taxi drove off into the sea of speeding lights. Yoseob and I waved Hyunseung good-bye and then proceeded to walk to the music studio.

"You're still hurting, aren't you," I asked him, turning to look at Yoseob before looking back ahead of me.

He sighed. "She's not someone I can easily forget." The sentence escaped out of his mouth and gave me a chill down my spine. I knew all too well the mishaps of a breakup. He continued to speak. "She accepted me back when I couldn't accept myself, and before I knew it, I fell in love. Perhaps I fell in too deep. Now, I can't even crawl out of the pit I fell into."

I didn't say anything. I waited til we reached the building. Several minutes inside of Cube HQ we reached the studio room and walked into the recording booth on the fourth floor. I leaned against the wall next to the sound board.

"Aye, Yoseob-ah," I said. "I've been working on a little project lately... a solo album to be exact."

"You're going to have a solo debut," he asked.

"No," I replied. "You are."

He looked at me, his face completely frozen in horror.

"H-Hyung, you shouldn't joke around. I can't have a solo album--"

"Yes, you can. And the fact that you are currently struggling with heartbreak is even better." I picked up a nearby vanilla folder and handed it Yoseob.

"Go on," I told him. "Have a look inside."

He opened up the folder to reveal a stack of papers and read the title on the first page out loud in broken English.

"The... First Collage?" He looked up from the paper in the folder and at me.

"Yes. Consider this album the beginning of finding the remedy to cure your broken heart. It'll help you to overcome your pain." I stood up off of the wall and tapped my index finger a couple of times against the folder that Yoseob was holding. "So, are you going to take this medicine, or not?"

He smiled. "Consider it already done. I'm in."