Game Changer: In Case

Piece By Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessie saw me in a bar drowning myself in alcohol. I was no longer crying. I thought my heart turned cold. Before she came, two men already invited me for a dance and maybe, quick shag or after but I just glared at them. I never saw myself in that situation, drunk or not. Good thing, my bestfriend didn’t ask me what happened. She knew I wouldn’t want to talk about it. She just knew how painful it was. Jessie hauled me back to the hotel around three in the morning. I was singing loudly and she was shushing me to be quiet.

I was taking out my card key from my pants’ back pocket when suddenly someone pulled my arm. I got dizzy from turning around abruptly. Then I saw him. He looked so worried. Before I could utter something, Jessie already shouted at him.

“Will you please back off?! She doesn’t need you!” Darn it, I got dizzier from hearing her scream.

“I’ll take care of her. “ Yonghwa replied.

“No! You need to leave, dude.” Jessie bite back. My head kept on spinning. Then, everything turned black. Before I lost consciousness, I felt strong arms catching me.

**

I opened my eyes only to close them again because my head felt like pounding. God, did I really drink that much last night? I groaned against the pillow. The last thing I remembered was when Jessie dragged me to her car.

“Good morning.” Someone with husky voice greeted me. It didn’t sound like my father though. I gasped in surprise when I saw Yonghwa staring down at me. He was holding a glass of water and seemed like a medicine. He took a deep breath and placed them on the bedside table.

Yonghwa still looked good with his blue pants and white shirt. I shook my head lightly. Time to wake up, Seo Joohyun.

“Take these. It will help lessen the hangover. “He offered.

“Why are you here? Where’s Jessie?” I didn’t look at him. I was so damn mad that he was here and I didn’t want to be reminded with what he did.

“She left after I assured her that I could take care of you.”  Damn you, Jessie. And I thought you were Team Sophie. I didn’t talk after that. Instead, I stood and it was too late for me to notice that I was no longer wearing my clothes last night. I had white shirt on me and it didn’t look like mine. I hurriedly glanced at the room and I realized I was not even in my suite. I closed my eyes when realization dawned on me.

I was in his room.

I glared at him. “What did you do to me?!”

“For a start, I didn’t do anything. It’s not my style to take advantage with a drunken woman.” He grinned but lost it when he saw my expression. My face clearly showed how ing mad I was. I wanted to slap him because this seemed like a joke to him. He tried to approach me but I stepped back.

“Soph… I’m sorry.”

“For what? For welcoming me that way?!”

“It wasn’t—“

“For Pete’s sake, Jung Yonghwa! Stop ing my mind! I’m not stupid, okay?” I grabbed my clothes and marched toward the door. I needed to leave or I might say something that would hurt me more. Before I could turn my back, I suddenly felt him pulling my arm.

“I’m sorry, okay. I’m sorry because I up again.”

I cried and I didn’t know why I was crying. I was not even sure why he was apologizing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter