Superheroes

Piece By Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All the kicks and all the blows

He won’t ever let it show

‘Cause he’s stronger than you know

A heart of steel starts to grow

 

When you’ve been fighting for it all your life

You’ve been struggling to make things right

That’s how a superhero learns to fly

(Every day, every hour)

(Turn the pain into power)

 

-Superheroes, The Script

 

She bowed and exclaimed her gratitude one more time to her fans before going backstage. Her heart was filled with joy as she listened to SONEs’ greetings on her special day. And she couldn’t wait to go home and celebrate with her man. Before going to the event, he promised that he would prepare a seaweed soup and goguma cake for her. They both decided to do it in their place since the news about insider trading already came out though Dispatch didn’t release names who were allegedly involved aside from FNC’s CEO.

Seohyun still remembered that scene where she was clutching Yonghwa’s hand while the latter told her to calm down. It was sometime in May when policemen went to conduct a raid at their home. They suspected that Yonghwa was part of the case together with President Han, two employees from FNC and Lee Jonghyun. They were both stunned that CNBLUE’s lead guitarist would be up for questioning too. She would never forget how shattered Yonghwa’s expression after hearing the news.

But being the best man that she had, Yonghwa told her to forget about it and enjoy this day. That’s why when she blew her cake a while ago, she wished it will be over soon and they could finally go back to their normal lives.

Seohyun took out her phone from her bag after deciding to call Yonghwa. But before she could do it, messages from her friends came in. She thought they were ordinary greetings but she frowned when they sent her questions.

Yuri: Joohyun~ah, is Yonghwa okay?

Tiffany: Baby girl, please be strong for your man. Yongseo fighting!

Yoona: I’ll be here for both of you, Joohyunnie. I love you two.

Taeyeon: Call me immediately after your read this. I’m here. You can talk to me.

What was happening? Is Yonghwa okay? Yonghwa--- wait, did something happen to him?

Seohyun quickly turned around to look for her manager and found out that she was just actually waiting for her to do so. Her eonni looked at her sadly. She approached her.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen to oppa?” Her manager remained silent. “Eonni!” Her eyes started to water. Her voice shook in desperation. Her manager grasped her shoulders and gently guided her to a more private area. They both sat on a couch near the door.

“What did Yonghwa tell you before coming here?”

“What?” Her mind suddenly went blank.

“Seohyun, what did Yonghwa tell you before coming here?”

“He told me he’ll cook seaweed soup and he’ll bake a goguma cake. He told me that! Why? What happened?”

“The news finally came out and he was invited for questioning. I believed he went there after you left.”

“How did it go? Did they hurt him? Is he okay?”

“I don’t—“

“You have to tell me if he’s okay!”

“SEO JOOHYUN! You have to calm down. No need to panic. He’s okay. He was just questioned. You listen to me, okay?” Seohyun nodded. Her tears won’t stop falling now. “I want you to be strong for Yonghwa. By doing so, when you come out and walk toward the awaiting van, you will smile and try to look happy for your fans. Can you do that?”

“I’ll try…”

“No, Seohyun! You have do it.”

“But eonni, how can I smile and put on a happy face while my man is suffering right now?!”

“Because that’s your job. You chose this world, a world where you need to pretend every day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter