Look After You

Piece By Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There now, steady love, so few come and don’t go

Will you won’t you, be the one I always know?

When I’m losing my control, the city spins around

You’re the only one who knows, you slow it down

 

December 2010

“Ugh stupid Seo Joohyun! Why did I even forget to bring a scarf?” I looked like a freak, mumbling words while my lips were obviously trembling. I looked around, hoping he would already arrive.

Somebody tapped my shoulder. I turned around and gasped in surprise when I saw a pink scarf in front of me. I was lost for seconds that when my reverie came back, he already put it around my neck. He gently flicked my head.

“This woman…it’s clearly winter season yet she forgot to bring important thing like this.”

“Oppa… I…”

“Ne, Seo Joohyun. I got you.”

 

March 2011

It was awkward, definitely awkward. I didn’t even know why I agreed on this. Maybe it was because of the consistent nagging of my two equally persistent eonnis or maybe I really wanted to try it… you know, dating and stuff. So there, I said yes.

“Are you okay?” He asked me. He seemed so cautious on every word he uttered. I hated that. How I wished this man would talk comfortably to me. There was one person I knew and he was not around.

“Excuse me for a while. I’ll just go to the restroom.”

“Sure. No problem.”

I offered a smile before I strutted away from him. Once inside, I quickly looked for my phone and dialled my dad’s number.

“Appa? Can you fetch me here? Ne? No. It’s just not working. Ne. Okay, Appa. I’ll wait for you.”

I took a deep breath and went back to our table. With an apologetic expression, I told him I had an emergency at home. Who said Seo Joohyun can’t lie? I hated lying but I needed to do it.

Thankfully, he understood. He offered me a ride but I politely declined. He must have felt that it was a hopeless date as he nodded sadly.

I heaved in relief when I saw my dad’s car approaching. But my eyes grew bigger when I saw the person in the driver’s seat.

“Oppa?!”

He went out and opened the door for me. “I got you, Seo Joohyun.”

 

February 2012

“You get out from that car, you ! Who are you to date Jung Yonghwa?! He doesn’t deserve you!”

Here’s what happened. A fan saw our picture in his car. It was not scandalous except it was a selca of me and him together. Thus, this woman went berserk after that. Luckily, we were inside the company’s van when she caused a scene.

My manager gave me a disappointed look. I closed my eyes. We were careless. This should not happen.

“Somebody already called FNC. We will iron this out.”

I nodded. I just hoped this wouldn’t come out. I heard my manager gasping out loud.

“What the… why is he here?!”

I grumbled on my seat. I needed to go out. He didn’t have to—

“Seo Joohyun, are you crazy? Don’t you dare come out. That woman will kill you!”

“But eonni… Oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter