Chapter 01

Suitemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun set out from a cab after he paid his bill. Standing outside of his new dorm felt something off like he has been placed in a new country without anyone he knew, a new feeling for someone helpless like him. Carrying his belongings in him, he scanned the whole building inspecting every detail of the property from the interior up to the design. It isn’t bad from what he expected from any magazines or movies that he’d read or watched. After scanning the whole building, Sehun also scanned the area and the neighborhood and he was even more satisfied of how clean the area is.

Contented, Sehun finally decided to enter the building. When entering, there are lots of parents and students occupied the entrance hall probable to ask for any vacancy. Gladly his parents made a reservation early to avoid any hassle. He’ll thank his parents later, maybe.

Sehun went straight to where the registration desk so he can set off and rest for a while.

“Good noon, ma’am. My parents made a reservation here two months ago.” He said getting the attention of the employee.

The lady right away attended him with a smile. “Your name, Sir?”

“Oh Sehun, ma’am.” Sehun complied patiently

“Good thing you parents made a reservation here. It’s not quite like this last year though. We’ve always had lots of vacancy in the end of enrollment period.” The lady has a friendly tone so he just listened “Here it is. Oh Sehun. Room 365 located at the 4th floor, Sir.” The lady handed Sehun the key and he thanked afterwards.

 

Reaching to his room felt exhausting even though he took an elevator. With a huff he laid down in his back and took scan the whole room. It isn’t big yet can occupy two persons. On the other side of the room has a bed good for one and a desk beside it. He has probably a companion to live here.

A moment of thinking and his phone rang signaling that someone is calling him. Without hesitation he fished out his phone and answered it.

“Hello.” Uttered by Sehun without even knowing who his caller is.

“Son, how do you find it? Is it good? Mommy missed you already.” His mom’s a bit of a worrier so he’s expecting of a big conversation and persuading to come.

“Mom, we’ve already talked about this many times and you agreed remember?” he said

“Yeah but it’s too early for you to go there. Who will make your food? And you even call me when you want someone to scrub your back. Who will do that for you now?” his mom speaks her concern non-stop.

He heaved a sigh putting his hand on his face to calm down. “When will I be coming here? When school starts already? Mom, I’m not a 12 year old kid anymore. I’m 21 years old and can live alone. I can even make a family here if I just really want to. And besi-“ he was stopped by the outburst of his mom

“Stop right there, Oh Sehun! You’re too young for that thing. That’s not even included in our deal!  And I am not yet ready to have grandchildren. And you promised us your dad that you’re gonna give us big house and cars.”

“I didn’t forget that that’s why I’m came here to study. And besides, you can even come here. It’s only an hour from us if you really would come. It’s like I’m in another country the way you exclaimed. Mom, I’ll be good, okay? And mom, can I hang up now? I’m so tired.” He said, drained was obvious on his voice.

 

Sehun didn’t know how they ended their conversation with his mom. All he remembered was the sermons and concerns from his mom but eventually let go of him, only for now. He didn’t blame them, though. They are just concern for their one and only son to go by himself. Admit it or not but he’s scared too. Well, that’s the first thing to feel right after leaving your parents and living alone in an unknown city, well maybe for him because he haven’t tried setting his foot to any city near their town where he lived. It’s like his life was fixed only on school and home and nothing more. He has friends, a few friends to correct though they hardly ever go outside or live their adolescence life. 

To: Junma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter