don't hate me

tall&small: a collection

don’t hate me

there’s a new girl that steals doyeon’s spotlight and she can't help but find her utterly precious.

sent in by meeee!

-

a/n - just a tiny drabble

-

Doyeon should hate the new girl who now sat at her lunch table, stealing the spotlight. Because of her, Doyeon was no longer the cute friend. Because of her, Doyeon couldn’t even think about acting cute because the new girl was just naturally cute.

 

She should despise the girl… and at first, she did.

 

Well, she pretended to.

 

It was hard to do such a thing when the older girl was absolutely adorable. Everything she did made Doyeon want to curl her toes and that angered Doyeon to such an extent that she even sat at a different lunch table.

 

“I don’t think she likes me very much.” Yoojung mumbled after Jieqiong said something to Chungha about Doyeon ditching them for another lunch table. Truth be told, Doyeon only left because Yoojung’s sweater was twice the size of her body and Doyeon did not need that type of cuteness distracting her - not when she was trying to eat. Chungha shot a look towards Sejeong, who shrugged.

 

“Doyeon likes everybody.” Chungha said with a smile. Yoojung curled her fingers around the cuff of her sweater. “Are you sure?” She bit her lip with uncertainty, looking over to the table where the girl was sat at.

 

Jieqiong joined in. “Positive.” She nodded her head. “Maybe she’s just taking a little longer to warm up to you?”

 

“She doesn’t hate you.” Sejeong said. “Trust us.”

 

Yoojung looked at her lap, still not quite certain about it. “Alright.”

 

-

 

Doyeon stared at her phone, looking at the silent group chat wherest she, Jieqiong, Chungha, Sejeong, and Yoojung were all apart of. It had been ten minutes since the last text was sent. It was from Yoojung, who agreed to go out with the rest of them to the arcade. Doyeon didn't even know Yoojung was going because, if she had - then she wouldn't have agreed on going in the first place. Chungha, knowing how Doyeon would react, added Yoojung to the group chat after Doyeon already accepted her invitation.

 

They all had confronted Doyeon once before, asking what her deal was with Yoojung. Doyeon had told them that she didn't dislike Yoojung, which only confused her friends even more - but Doyeon couldn't exactly say that the reason she avoided Yoojung was because she liked her too much, you know?

 

Her phone buzzed.

 

[Yoojung] where are you guys?

 

[jeongie] i can't go ;; mom said no :(

 

[chunghahaha] me neither - dad needs help preparing for visitors

 

Doyeon's eyes widened.

 

What exactly were they doing right now?

 

[zhou] that leaves just Doyeon! my extended family gave a surprise visit. sorry!

 

"Are you serious?" Doyeon scoffed, staring at her phone. It was a setup.

 

She stood from the bench she was sitting on to go home when she saw Yoojung standing a few feet away from her, hands in front of her as she fiddled with her fingers. Doyeon caught her eyes and her heart began to race. Yoojung took her lower lip in between her teeth.

 

"Ah, we can both just leave now..." She said quietly - the hyper young girl was replaced with this. She was still certain that Doyeon hated her.

 

Everything about this was awkward.

 

Before Yoojung could fully turn around to leave, Doyeon did something that surprised even herself.

 

"Yoojung," she called out. The girl turned and blinked at her, eyes wide. "Let's go into the arcade." She smiled despite her fluttering stomach.

 

Yoojung blinked a few more times before snapping out of it. "Are you sure?" She asked warily, walking closer. Doyeon nodded. "Yeah. We came all the way here. Might as well play some games."

 

The smaller one smiled. "Okay." She followed Doyeon inside. Doyeon felt her phone vibrate.

 

[jeongie] don't ditch Yoojung, Doyeon!!!!!

 

Yoojung looked at her phone as well and giggled. Doyeon felt her ears warm up. She saw the text Doyeon sent into the group chat.

 

[Doyeon] I didn't!!!!

 

Doyeon stuffed her phone into her pocket. "Let's play air hockey." She said. Yoojung followed her as they walked to the back of the arcade area where the air hockey was. "I must warn you - I'm pretty good at this." Doyeon said with a smile. Yoojung's eyebrows raised in amusement.

 

"Oh, are you?"

 

"I am." Doyeon didn't let her gaze linger on Yoojung for too long. The older one was too adorable. It hurt looking at her for long periods of time but it only hurt because Doyeon's heart would go wild and her stomach would do unhealthy amounts of somersaults. Yoojung stood on the other side of the table, waiting for Doyeon to insert tokens into the game. Once they started, it seemed like forever until they stopped.

 

Doyeon kept yelling out whenever Yoojung would hit the puck too hard which would cause Yoojung to laugh loudly, throwing her head back. Doyeon could've easily taken those chances to score a point on Yoojung but she was too busy admiring just how precious the older girl was. In the end, Doyeon lost by one point.

 

"I let you win." She grumbled as Yoojung jumped around in excitement, her hair bouncing with her.

 

"No you didn't." It was the biggest Doyeon had ever seen her smile. Her own lips curved up knowing that she had caused that smile. "Whatever."

 

Yoojung pointed to her. "Hah!" She laughed.

 

Doyeon raised a hand and ruffled Yoojung's hair. "Shut up!" She said playfully.

 

Yoojung slapped Doyeon's hands away, fixing her hair. Doyeon leaned her weight on one leg. Yoojung's eyes connected with her own before she smiled, hand still fixing her hair.

 

"Best out of three?" She suggested.

 

Doyeon saw a small hair sticking out and she patted the girl’s head in order to fix it. She pulled her hand back just as Yoojung’s eyes widened.

 

"You're on." She said, eyes narrowing in a joking manner as she tried to calm her rapidly beating heart. Yoojung just beamed at her.