height

tall&small: a collection

heights

yoojung is scared of heights and doyeon being a tall one, decided to make fun of her.

sent in by dancingmachine2

-

a/n - this kinda strayed from the original prompt but i hope you don't mind! <3

-

they should’ve never gone to the top of that skyscraper that one day. they really shouldn’t have. now, all the girls knew of yoojung’s fear of heights and that much was fine - it wasn’t like yoojung was trying to keep it a secret or anything - but the thing was... she knew...

 

and she kept making fun of her.

 

-

 

“yoojung, i heard the taller up you are, the better air you breathe.” doyeon whispered as they stretched in the practice room, hair tied up in a ponytail and face still as pretty as ever. she was doing a split as she casually said this. it had already been two weeks since the skyscraper incident and doyeon was the only girl who continued to .

 

best friends, my .

 

yoojung sneered.

 

“well, you heard wrong. the higher up you are in the atmosphere the less oxygen you have to breathe.” she replied, hugging her arms to her chest. “you’re going to die early.”

 

doyeon didn’t falter as she leaned forward, reaching her arms out. “at least i can see things in large crowds.” doyeon looked up and grinned.

 

the older girl snorted and stared at herself in the mirror. she didn’t mind being short, really.


 

except when she had to get things out of high cabinets.


 

yoojung, in the kitchen of their dorm, climbed on the counter in order to awkwardly curve a hand around and get something in the top cabinet. doyeon, who was passing by, rushed over and placed her hands on yoojung’s waist.

 

“get down, choi yoojung! you’re going to hurt yourself.” doyeon hissed.

 

yoojung pouted and got down with the help of the taller girl. the worry and fear in doyeon’s face and voice disappeared the moment yoojung planted her feet on the floor. it was replaced with a teasing smile and a twinkle in her eyes.

 

“how cute.” she patted yoojung’s head, causing the girl to slap her hand away in irritation, her teeth gritting. doyeon looked up at the cabinet. “what were you trying to get?” she asked.

 

“a bowl.” yoojung murmured.

 

doyeon leaned over yoojung, standing slightly on her toes to reach for a bowl. yoojung held her breath as the girl was quite literally pressing her against the counter. did this girl know the meaning of personal space?

 

when doyeon successfully grabbed onto a bowl, she stood back and held it to a blushing yoojung.

 

“here you go, shorty.” she smiled.

 

“i - i’m older than you!” yoojung said as if that were a relevant comeback and took the bowl harshly, sidestepping doyeon in order to get around her.

 

doyeon laughed, looking over her shoulder. she watched yoojung pour milk and cereal into the bowl, her cheeks still pink. “but i’m still taller.”

 

yoojung sat down at the table and still wore a frown. doyeon scanned the girl’s sitting position before bursting out laughing. “your feet don’t reach the floor!”

 

“i’m going to pour this milk over your head.” yoojung threatened, reaching for the milk carton. doyeon grinned.

 

“if you can even reach.” she teased. yoojung set the carton down and narrowed her eyes, causing doyeon to burst out laughing again.

 

☆*✧:*:*・°☆.

 

“an amu - amusement park?” yoojung stuttered as they got into the large van.

 

somi howled.

 

“i love those!” she grinned widely. yoojung sat down next to doyeon silently, frozen in fear.

 

doyeon buckled her seatbelt for her seeing as she wasn’t in the right mind to do so. “you alright there, shorty?”

 

yoojung’s hand flew over to doyeon’s lap, gripping onto the girl’s hand. doyeon raised her eyebrows in amusement as yoojung stared at her with wide eyes. “we’re going to a place with very tall rides.”

 

“that we are.” doyeon confirmed with a smile on her lips.

 

the older one gave a look of disbelief. “why are we going to an amusement park?!” she asked incredulously. “shouldn’t we be preparing for the comeback?!” her head turned turned to look at the front of the van where her manager was seated.

 

“yoojung, relax.” sejeong let out a laugh. “we’ve been working hard. we deserve a break.”

 

“a break is a break - going to an amusement park is not a break - not to me.”

 

nobody replied to the girl who was having a mental breakdown. doyeon let out a small squeak. “choi yoojung, you’re cutting off the blood circulation to my fingers.”

 

yoojung didn’t budge an inch and doyeon had to endure the rest of the ride with no feeling in her left hand.


 

“it’s not that bad.” doyeon tried to get through to the girl who was still tightly holding onto her hand as they walked through the park. “just go on one ride with me.” doyeon insisted before pointing to the tallest ride there with a smirk on her lips.

 

yoojung immediately let go of doyeon’s hand to make a run for it but the younger girl was quicker, wrapping an arm around yoojung’s shoulders. “it’ll be over in seconds!”

 

the smaller one tried to get free. “very scary seconds!” she exclaimed with a grunt. doyeon laughed and let go of yoojung.

 

“okay. fine.” doyeon said. yoojung narrowed her eyes because doyeon never gave up that easily. “go with me on the ferris wheel, then.”

 

yoojung widened her eyes and shook her head. “no way!”

 

“aw, please!” doyeon pouted. “just once! then we can just walk around and play the games and eat food!” she slipped her fingers in between yoojung’s, holding onto her hand once more. “choi yoojung, you love me, don’t you?” doyeon leaned close and made her already puppy-like eyes even more puppy-like. yoojung looked away.

 

“no.”

 

“hmph.” doyeon pulled her hand away from yoojung’s and crossed her arms. “fine, then.” she walked ahead of the older girl, walking fast to catch up with the others who were already in line for a very tall and wild rollercoaster.

 

yoojung felt relieved yet guilty at the same time, frowning as doyeon high-fived jieqiong and wrapped her arm around somi’s shoulder. she stayed put on the ground, following the group around the park but never going on the rides that they went on.

 

as the day came to an end and the sun began to set, the girls all rushed to separate rides, wanting to ride their favorite ones once more. yoojung watched all of the girls go their own ways, feeling much like a lost puppy. she looked around for doyeon and saw the girl looking directly at her. the younger girl looked away immediately.

 

yoojung frowned and took small steps forward. “doyeon?”

 

“what?” doyeon asked with an edge to her tone.

 

“would you like to go on the ferris wheel with me?”

 

doyeon’s eyes snapped towards yoojung’s. “r - really?”

 

yoojung nodded.

 

doyeon grabbed the girl’s hand and hurried to the line. yoojung was scared even before they got into the cart, knees feeling weak. the girls sat on opposite ends as the sliding doors closed. yoojung felt the wheel start to turn and she closed her eyes.

 

“oh my god. oh my god. oh my god.” she chanted repeatedly.

 

“it’s pretty, yoojung.” doyeon stated as she stared out the window and stared at the park from the tall height.

 

jieqiong is pretty. this - this is not pretty!” yoojung exclaimed, eyes shut tight.

 

“oh? you choose jieqiong to use in that example?” doyeon asked and yoojung could’ve sworn there was a hint of jealousy in her tone. she opened her eyes without thinking and was about to comment on the girl’s tone but when she noticed how far up they were, she shot over to doyeon’s side of the cart and grabbed onto the girl’s arm.

 

“holy crap! we are really, really high up!” she whined, closing her eyes and placing her forehead on doyeon’s shoulder.

 

doyeon tapped yoojung’s thigh with a small giggle.

 

“we’re fine, yoojung. just take one look.”

 

yoojung peeked an eye open and found doyeon’s smile different from her usual teasing one. this one was comforting.

 

what the hell?

 

“the park is all lit up with different colored lights. it’s nice.” doyeon stated as she looked away from yoojung and out the window. the older girl just continued to stare at doyeon, her heartbeat calming down and the fear slowly disappearing.

 

doyeon looked back over to yoojung and her eyes widened the slightest bit at the girl’s examining eyes. “what?”

 

yoojung gulped and shook her head. “nothing. i just don’t want to look.”

 

“tssk.” doyeon sneered. “it’s really pretty. i’m telling you.”

 

“you’re prettier.” yoojung said without thinking.

 

doyeon felt her heart skip a beat but she frowned, remembering the girl’s earlier comment. “jieqiong’s prettier though, isn’t she?”

 

“are you jealous?” yoojung poked doyeon’s thigh.

 

“why should i be?” doyeon murmured.

 

“good point. you tell me.”

 

doyeon scoffed and they felt the wheel stop spinning, planting them at the very top. yoojung sighed and closed her eyes, hugging doyeon’s arm. “i went on this ride with you. you’re not mad at me anymore, are you?”

 

the younger one just hummed. yoojung shook the arm she was holding and whined. “why are you still mad? is it because i used jieqiong? i could’ve used anybody in the group for that!” her eyes were still closed as she spoke in her high pitched tone. “besides,” she spoke quietly. “i think you’re the prettiest.”

 

doyeon froze before smiling widely. “you think so?”

 

“oh god.” yoojung let go of doyeon’s arm and attempted to slide far from the girl but doyeon wrapped her lengthy arms around yoojung’s shoulders and pulled her close, kissing her cheeks.

 

“let me go!” yoojung squealed.

 

“my shorty!” doyeon kissed yoojung’s cheeks once more and the girl just kept her eyes shut, hugging doyeon’s arm for the rest of the ride’s duration.

 

☆*✧:*:*・°☆.

 

yoojung nearly jumped at the arms that circled her waist from behind before recognizing the girl’s scent and sighing. “you scared me.” she murmured, continuing to wash the dishes.

 

“the shorter you are, the closer you are to hell.” doyeon sniggered. yoojung elbowed her stomach and the girl groaned.

 

“with that mindset, that means you’re closer to heaven.” yoojung looked at the girl over her shoulder. doyeon rubbed the spot yoojung had hit her and pouted. the older one grinned brightly. “no wonder you’re so angelic.”

 

doyeon’s jaw dropped and yoojung giggled, continuing to wash the dishes with an awed doyeon behind her.