overload

tall&small: a collection

overload

Yoojung never shares her emotions with anyone until one day it all gets too much and Doyeon is there to witness it.

sent in by sehun-all-the-way

-

a/n - istg i never mean for these to stray away from the original prompt ;_; pls find it in ur heart to forgive me

-

Yoojung closes her bedroom door with a little more force than necessary - not that she did it purposefully. Good thing no one was at the dorm besides her. She sits on her bottom bunk and takes a quick glance around the room to make sure there aren’t any hidden cameras that she isn’t aware of. After making sure there is nothing going on, Yoojung curls her legs up to her chest and hugs them, burying her face into her knees.

 

She’s tired - tired physically but also mentally. She tells herself nearly everyday that she won’t get affected by any negative comments but Yoojung can’t help it. She’s a sensitive person who doesn’t quite know how to brush off haters like Chaeyeon or Sejeong. The words hurt more than they should and it leaves scars - making her more and more afraid to go on broadcast with each comment. What if she does something wrong? Is she that ugly? Does she lower the quality of the group with herself?

 

She doesn’t realize she is crying until she tastes the saltiness of her tears on her upper lip. Yoojung sniffles and wipes her cheeks, shaking her head. She said she wouldn’t cry anymore. She wouldn’t let the negativity of antis bring her down.

 

But the more she thinks about it, the more it hurts.

 

The door opens suddenly and Yoojung looks up, surprised to see Doyeon standing there with a worried look on her face. She is supposed to be filming another show with the rest of the girls, why is she here?

 

“Manager told me you weren’t feeling good so I came back.” Doyeon sits next to the older girl, voice quiet. “Are you okay?”

 

Yoojung is silent for the following moments and the tension is nearly enough to swallow Yoojung whole. Doyeon places a hand on the girl’s thigh. “You lied about feeling sick, didn’t you?” She speaks softly like if she spoke any louder that Yoojung will just break into tiny shards of glass.

 

Yoojung lets out a nod and she hears Doyeon release a deep breath before her nostrils are invaded with Doyeon’s familiar scent and she feels Doyeon tug her closer. She’s sitting on Doyeon’s lap as the girl softly pats her back and combs her fingers through her hair. “Do you want to talk about it?”

 

Tiny hands reach up to clutch the sides of Doyeon’s shirt, fabric wrinkling between her fingers. She lays her forehead on Doyeon’s shoulder and gives a tiny whimper as a response. Doyeon hums and goes to lean back, looking into her friend’s eyes. “Tell me.” She says.

 

Yoojung’s bottom lip quivers as Doyeon stares at her. She feels safe yet also so vulnerable; safe in Doyeon’s arms but vulnerable with her own thoughts racing around her brain. Doyeon fixes Yoojung’s fringe. “Tell me.” She repeats in a whisper, eyes drowning in worry.

 

The older one tightens her hold on Doyeon’s shirt and looks away. “Am I annoying?”

 

The question takes Doyeon aback. “What?”

 

“Or ugly?” Yoojung brings her eyes back to look at Doyeon. “Am I too much?”

 

Doyeon’s lips curve downwards in a frown. She knows Yoojung is insecure but not to this point. It makes her feel like a bad friend. Had she not noticed a change in Yoojung?

 

“That’s ridiculous, Yoojung.” Doyeon replies with open, watching as a tear rolls down Yoojung’s cheek. It brings a sharp pain to her heart.

 

“Is it?” Yoojung asks quietly, sniffling as she looks down at her lap.

 

“Choi Yoojung.” Doyeon says sternly which makes Yoojung look up at her again. “You’ve been reading those comments again, haven’t you?”

 

A weak nod is given as a response and Doyeon’s frown deepens. “I told you before, didn’t I? They-”

 

“-are just low lifes sitting behind a computer screen.” Yoojung finishes her sentence in a shaky voice. “But they don’t just go for me, they go for Sohye, or- or Nayoung, or even you…”

 

“Choi Yoojung.” The name rolls off of Doyeon’s tongue so naturally. They have been friends for eight years. “You are most certainly not annoying, or ugly, or too much.”

 

Yoojung pouts to stop her shaking bottom lip, eyes watering up as she stares at Doyeon.

 

“You’re energetic - that’s different than being annoying.” Doyeon speaks softly and slowly, making sure her words were soaked up by Yoojung’s brain. “And you’re so so so beautiful, inside and out - it’s hard to miss it.” A blush forms on Yoojung’s cheeks and the tips of her ears go red. Doyeon smiles at this. “You’re never too much. If anything, you’re too little - you know - height wise.”

 

Yoojung lets out something mixed between a scoff, a laugh, and a whine as she hits Doyeon’s shoulders. Doyeon giggles and tightens her hold on Yoojung’s waist, placing a gentle kiss against the girl’s cheek. “Promise me you will try not to let the comments get to your head?”

 

“I can’t make any promises.” Yoojung pouts even more, her eyes starting to clear up and her chest starting to feel lightee.

 

“Hmm.” Doyeon hums. “Well, come to me if you ever read a comment that makes you upset. I guarantee I can counter any hate comment towards you.”

 

Yoojung opens to speak but nothing but a breath of disbelief comes from her. She opts to bury her face back into Doyeon’s shoulder as she murmurs ‘thank you’s to the younger girl. Doyeon smiles and just hopes that the younger girl will really come to her the next time something like this happens.

 

After all, Yoojung’s happiness is her happiness.