Self-Control

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Thank you, have a nice day.” I give the box of cookies to the costumer and bow. They walked away and the next in line comes, they were a group of high school students, all female. “Oppa, we came here for you~ Oppa, what’s your name?” One asks and they all begin screaming. I cluelessly blink as I glance at some of our employees who were at the other side of the counter. They just gave me teasing smiles. Then I turn my head to look at the kitchen’s opened door. My wife is busy helping one baker. “Uh. . . what’s your order?” I turn back to the kids and ask. Instead of telling me their order, I realize they all had their phones up to their faces.

“Uhm. . .  may I know w-what you’re doing?” I ask. “What—uh. . . Okay, this is awkward.” I tap one employee nearest me, Hwasa, to signal her and replace me before I skip fast into the kitchen area. “Iseul? Those girls are creepy. I don’t want to help there anymore. I’ll just help here.” I speak making my wife turn to me. She glances outside. “Oh? They’re peeking here. Omo, I think they like you?” Iseul laughs. I rub my neck in irritation before moving closer to her, making sure I don’t turn to those kids. It’s been only the third time that I help to work in the café and I’ve already rejected a few women who don’t order but wanted to talk to me only.

“I don’t want to go back there anymore. I’ll just help here.” I mutter with a big frown. “No, baking is a precise method you can’t just do it without education. Just go help Hwasa and Soyeon out there. There’s a lot of costumers today. C’mon.” She begins pushing me out but I hold onto her wrists so I could drag her along. “Tell them. Tell them I’m married. This is the fourth time, Iseul. Fourth time.” I hiss. “Okay~ girls? He is a married man~ don’t fangirl too much, he’s like double your ages.” Iseul explains with her bright smile and I nod in agreement.

And the girls all let out their disappointed Awww~’s

How can girls of this generation be this open? When I first met Iseul I can’t even get a decent compliment from her, alright.

Time has really passed by so quickly, I don’t recognize the youth now.

“Oppa, who’s your wife?” They begin asking this time and I am slowly losing my patience. “Kids look, if you’re not ordering the next in line should go next. Okay?” I ask as nice as possible but I think it was wrong to sound nice because they only responded with squeals. “Do it sweetly, they will follow. C’mon they’re kids and we might get a lot of orders if you do.” Iseul whispers to me before walking back to the kitchen. My face hardens as I try to supress the urge to run back home. I regret helping here again. I made a last blowfish before turning to the teenagers. Literally, they are double my age. They’re around fifteen to sixteen, like you just multiply it by two and it’s my age!

This is stressing me out.

“Okay, girls.” I clear my throat and glance at my wife from inside the kitchen again. “Okay. . .” I look at the girls once more and sighed. “Oppa is asking nicely, could you give me your orders now? So w-we could. . . so we could go on and the line is getting longer? Is it okay? If you don’t mind O-oppa asking?” I ask and automatically, their faces turn red. They begin pushing each other like they were pointing of who to order. “We want. . . we want six boxes of cheese tarts for to-go and we also want five plates of Red Velvet cakes, for here.” One finally spoke and I sigh in relief and without me knowing it, I smile.

I thought I won’t get away with this.

I immediately regret smiling because they begin hopping like kids needing to pee.

So I turn to Hwasa and grab her by the arm to make her stand by that area instead and I skip fast to the office this time. “Good Lord. . . haaa!” I exclaim as I enter the office. My son was watching TV while lying on the couch. “Is Appa okay?” Yohan asks and jumps down the couch. “Yes, Appa’s just having a problem being too handsome.” I answer and lift him up to my arms. “Do you want to go to the mall? Appa’s passing by the university to get something and then we’ll go to the mall.” I say and my son nods excitedly.

So I leave the office and walk straight into the kitchen.

“Iseul-ah, we’ll leave for a while. I’ll get my USB in the lab. I’ll bring Yohan along and bring him to the mall after. You go home early, don’t tire yourself out huh?” I ask and her baby bump. “Sir, don’t worry I don’t let Miss Iseul move too much.” One baker, Jaerin, speaks with a smile. “Good. Make sure your boss doesn’t overwork.” I tell her before looking back down to Iseul who was busy plating a pastry dish on a plate. “Iseul, no overwork I repeat.” I mutter and kiss the side of her head. “Bye, honey.” She tells.

Aish, she’s too focused on the work right now.

I just signal the baker beside her before walking out.

Just as I arrive out the counter, I saw the female students again and they were already eating their cakes at one table. They all turned to me with their surprised expressions as I walk while carrying my son. “Annyeong~” They all greet. Yohan shyly smiles and hides his face on my shoulder. I couldn’t help but to smile because of his cute action. “Noonas are greeting you, sweetie.” I mutter as I walk to the glass door. “Yohan is shy. . .” My son mutters and I just roll my eyes while chuckling back.

“You’re always shy but you’re smiling right now which is new. Yohan likes girls so much? Yohan likes those Noonas?” I tease and step out of the shop. “Appa~ no, Yohannie doesn’t like them. Eomma prettier.” He answers and I nod in agreement. “Of course~ Eomma is always prettier than other girls, ne?” I nod eagerly while chuckling. “Yohannie. . . when Yohannie grow up, I will marry Eomma.” My son tells making me stop while arching an eyebrow. “Eh? But Appa married Eomma already? What to do?” I ask playing along. “Appa will leave and Yohan marry Eomma.” He answers and I give him a fake but still child-friendly glare.

“Where will Appa go?” I ask and continue walking until I reach my car. “To Dewy Sweets!~” Yohan answers and points at the shop. “Ehh~ So Appa will be a baker then Eomma marries Yohan? Appa can’t bake.” I answer and I was about to open the car when a man approached me. “Hi, excuse me.” He bows and I turn with the same gesture. I made Yohan do the same and the kid bowed his head a little while latching on my neck. “I kind of know the name Dewy Sweets, maybe I know if this is Han Iseul’s?” He asks with a bright smile.

I look at him from head to toe.

Why does he know my wife’s name?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter