Muffins

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My consciousness was awake from the feeling of my blanket moving. Not just that, I felt someone’s presence behind my close lids and I just knew whose scent was that. I caught a hand just at the right time and I hear a gasp – my girlfriend’s gasp. “Tell me, what are you doing here.” I murmur with my still sleepy voice. “Wait—let go first.” She grunts and tries pulling away with all her strength and I hear a yelp from her.

I open my eyes shooting her a glare and she flinches in response.

“I-I know girls aren’t allowed in your room b-but. . . I’m not just like. . . ‘a girl’ to you so. . .” She tries explaining while fiddling with her fingers like a child. Good Lord, what do I do now. She isn’t supposed to be here right now nor are we supposed to meet this early. She is so stubborn. But it’s not like I can get mad at her today. I am more than nervous – I am proposing to a woman; why won’t I be. I don’t have the bravery to get angry at her right now.

“Fine, whatever.” I sit up and run my fingers through my hair to fix it at least. She has never seen me in this kind of state before but why not – we’re going to be married soon anyway. To be really honest, marriage proposal for me isn’t a question, it’s a promise, it’s an action. And I am confident she will say yes so why call it a question. It’s merely waiting for the social settlement through yes or no.

And I know she will say yes.

“Aren’t you going to greet me?” Her question interrupts me from my thoughts. In this state? Bed hair, probably drool on my face – she wants me to greet her? That isn’t a likely state for an anniversary greeting. There is no way I am going to do that. I get off the bed quickly and walk to my closet. “Yah, do you even know what day is it today?” She asks and her voice turns shaky.

Right away?

Seriously—women?

Can’t I look decent first before greeting my partner a happy anniversary?

I open the closet to get a towel. “I need to wash up first, get out. If you do this again, I will change the code.” I speak and just then, my eyes fell at the ring box that was placed right on top of my pile of clothes inside. I hear her heavy footsteps and I glance at her to see her walking to the door already. She was frowning hard. “Wait.” I call out before she could open the door. She turns with her adorable pout, she looks angry.

Fine.

I grab the ring box and immediately throw it to her direction. “Catch.” I speak and fortunately, she was swift enough to catch it with her two hands. “Now get out.” I tell and she looks up still with her puppy-looking eyes but this time, her lips were curving up. “I-is this a gift?” She asks and she even made a light hop like a kid. “Get out or I will throw my clothes to you next.” I answer and try hard not to smile right now.

Mignon.

“Oh, well I wouldn’t say no to that as well just make sure the clothes were the ones you just took off.” She grins and that’s when I frown for real and give her a dagger glare. She quickly steps out of my room and bang the door closed in a swift movement.

And now, I let my lips curve up in a big smile. I shake my head while chuckling as I get a new set of clothes. But just as I remember, what about my reservations? Should I just cancel it or—wait. . . this is actually better.

I WON’T HAVE TO SING.

This is brilliant.

Although I really wanted to surprise her for the sake of making her happy, if it’s already her who made the first move to go to me, why not too right?

 

_ _ _

 

As soon as I was done, I come out to see Iseul holding the bouquet of flowers I planned to give her. Damn – did I just cuss? This situation is very cuss-worthy to be really honest and I am even shocked I am still calm up until now. “See what happened. I told you to wait later in the afternoon.” I speak which made her abruptly turn. I walk to my kitchen and she follows behind. “K-kyungsoo. . .” She calls with her touched voice and I just know she might have gotten the point of everything, even just a little.

And if not – I swear, she is so sluggish.

“Now I have to cancel the reservation.” I tell as I grab a bottle of water from inside the fridge. “B-but you say we’ll just hang out a bit in the afternoon because you have a class afterwards until night? I just. . .” She murmurs. I glance t her while drinking. She looked really flustered. “Why, can’t I white lie?” I ask and walk to the coffee maker. “B-but the ring. . . so it’s your g-gift together with these flowers? I w-wanted a gift but not these. . . expensive ones.” She tells and I chuckle in amusement.

“I just bought the flowers and supposed to be reservation in the restaurant which you already ruined. The ring. . . that’s my mother’s.” I answer truthfully and wait for her to react. She gives a puzzled expression and glances at the ring again before looking at me. “H-ha?” She asks. Her eyes are starting to get watery which amused me even more.

Okay, she’s getting it unhurriedly.

I look down to the water heater again before speaking. “Slow much? That’s an engagement ring.” I finish my sdentence and as soon as I did, I hear a hitch of air coming from her which was followed by a loud sob.

Alright, she’s gonna get emotional.

“A-are you serious?” She asks and I see her fanning herself while crying. “I’m still fumed at you because first, you intruded my house and then second, you ruined my plan. You think I’m not serious right now?” I ask and grab my water bottle before walking out of the kitchen but then she trails behind and caught me from behind. “Kyungsoo, wait—“ She starts crying even harder and I could already feel the back of my shirt getting wet of her tears.

“W-what the hell are you doing. . . Why are you so bad?? I feel like I’m having a heart attack already” She cries and stomps her feet and squirming like a kid. I look up and made a blowfish. “Now that you’re reacting like that, I’m relieved we weren’t in a public restaurant.” I tell and broke into a soft chuckle now.

Mignon.

I then feel her move away from my back to my front. She grabs my face with both of her hands and before I knew it, she seals my lips with hers. I close my eyes to relish such moment. I pull her closer by the waist as I tilt my head to make the kiss much deeper than it already was. When we pull away, she tiptoes and hugs me on the neck right away. She continues sobbing hard again while gripping on me. “How long is this reaction time, huh?” I ask in between chuckles and slowly wrap my arms around her waist to hug her back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter