[ PART 4 ]

I'm Tired. [JIKOOK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crossroads.

 

He chose a painful new beginning over a pitiful end.

 

One problem with moving on from a significant someone – and there were many other problems – is that there is a need to constantly remind yourself to be “happy” without said person, or at least pretend until it actually feels real. And one might just find himself struggling to not give up.

 

Park Jimin was a fine example. But against all odds, he was making progress.

 

The individual who once claimed his heart - Jeon Jungkook - was gradually returning the pieces of Jimin’s heart back to him. Somehow, the more Jimin hid and distracted himself from all matters related to the maknae, avoiding any unnecessary confrontation and keeping their conversations to the minimum, the more he found the lost fragments of himself again.

 

No more cringing upon hearing his name, desperately seeking his attention, sleepless nights in bed thinking of what could be, tracing the lines of his smile in thin air like a fool, looking at him as if only he existed, laughing at his silly attempts of jokes and planting quick pecks on his cheek when he was sound asleep.

 

Jimin’s love for Jungkook was beginning to turn into nothing more than a torn, blurred, faded picture that would soon be impossible for him to even reminisce on. He did hate the fact that they were slowly becoming strangers again. After all the twists and turns, the laughter and the tears, they found themselves standing at the beginning again.

 

But Jimin supposed all good things must come to an end eventually. If letting go meant getting back on his feet, Jimin thinks he can find the strength to be brave.

 

After shedding plenty of tears, venting his anger by devouring a whole tub of ice-cream, receiving hugs from the members (who were nothing but loving upon understanding the cause of his sadness), taking a deep breath and calming down, he found the determination to try and be genuinely happy.

 

With or without Jeon Jungkook.

 

……….

 

Jungkook had to remind himself that punching someone was illegal.

 

A single frown was carved so deeply on his face, the other members worried it might leave a permanent impression. With those pursed lips forming a thin line and eyes fuming, it was hard for them to not worry. They feared he might actually shatter the bowl he was clutching onto, judging by the way his knuckles were beginning to turn white.

 

“Jungkook?” Jin’s voice cautious but with evident concern, “Is…everything alright?”

 

“Yeah,” Jungkook acknowledged the eldest without removing his gaze on a certain giggling male, who was preoccupied with playing video games in the living room and completely oblivious to his irritated stare from the dining table. “Why ask?”

 

“Because you look like you’re about to stab someone with those chopsticks,” Namjoon bluntly stated, “It’s freaking us out. Want to tell us what’s bothering you?”

 

Jungkook paused before replying, “It’s nothing.”

 

“It can’t possibly be that our Jungkookie is jealous of that.”  Yoongi had a knowing grin on as he teased, pointing at both Jimin and Hoseok who had their backs to them and headphones on as they were engaged in a serious race.

 

Silence was given.

 

If Jungkook had to recall the number of times he awkwardly initiated a hug or conversation, which only resulted in Jimin politely dismissing his attempts to reconcile, choosing to hang out with anyone besides Jungkook, replying him with sentences consisting of no more than ten words – Jungkook would definitely lose count.

 

The maknae scoffed, “I’m not-”

 

And the most frustrating part was that Jimin started to cling onto the others, namely Hoseok, instead of seeking attention from him. He had trouble overcoming the nerve-wrecking urge to smash his laptop upon finding out there were more searches regarding “JiHope” than “Jikook” on the Internet. Even the fans were starting to notice.

 

“I’m going to win this time, hyung!” Jimin’s laugh warm and hearty, resonating across the room.

 

“Not so fast,” Hoseok grinned as he overtook the younger who was temporarily distracted, “Victory is mine!”

 

“Hobi-hyung, you’re cheating!”

 

“…jealous”

 

Jungkook wasn’t sure if he was convincing the others, or himself. But innumerable evidence indicated it was the latter.

 

The tables have turned indeed.

 

“I never thought I would live to see this day,” Yoongi was clearly amused. “Somebody get champagne please. It’s worth a celebration.”

 

“Yah,” Jin fixed the male an opposing look after noticing Jungkook’s face was scrunched and as sour as a plum, “Enough with the teasing.”

 

“Alright, alright. My bad.” Yoongi raised his arms slightly in defeat before he resumed eating with a gummy grin still on.

 

“Do you want me to talk to him?” Jin asked in concern, gesturing towards Jimin who dedicated complete concentration into defeating Hoseok.

 

Gradually, Jungkook lowered his dejected eyes to the bowl of untouched rice before him. The sight of Jimin laughing and having fun with Hoseok was agonizing to watch - a reminder that it could have been Jungkook beside him instead; if he hadn’t screwed things up.

 

If he knew how to make things right.

 

“No.” Jungkook’s reply curt,

 

Jin did not know what to do or say besides rub his back in soothing motions, hoping it sufficed in making him feel better. The eldest nudged Namjoon and signalled him for help with desperate eyes pointing towards Jungkook. Much to Jin’s disappointment, Namjoon who was equally helpless, could only offer a shrug of his shoulders.

 

As was often the case during meal times, Taehyung had been sneakily attempting to steal Namjoon’s pieces of beef without being caught. Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter