[ PART 2 ]

I'm Tired. [JIKOOK]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Melancholy.

 

The remnants of love evanesced with every step he took walking away. 

 

The change was hardly apparent, but anyone observant enough would realise that Jimin and Jungkook were definitely behaving in an odd manner. There was this unseen barrier between the duo that rendered Jimin walking in the opposite direction just to ignore the latter.

 

“Jimin-shi, the maknae lover,” the interviewer cooed with a cheeky grin, “Tell us, are you still crazily in love with Jungkook-shi?”

 

According to Jimin’s fairly thought through plan, severing ties with Jungkook was going to make things right. It was going to set him free, free from all the misery of an unrequited love.

 

A small smile made Jimin’s lips curve slightly.

 

For the first time, he found it purposeful to wake up in the morning, to sing loudly while enjoying a hot shower, to laugh at silly jokes, and to be the one who makes silly jokes.

 

“I just have a soft spot for our Jungkook, that’s all.” Jimin gave a curt laugh while shaking his head, “After all, he is the youngest.”

 

It did not trigger much suspicion at first sight, but soon a mere glance at the maknae’s grim expression whenever he stole glances at Jimin was sufficient for the other members to catch on. And finally, after a little while longer, the appalling situation finally dawned on everyone.

 

Park Jimin stopped proclaiming his love for Jeon Jungkook.

 

But despite the “freedom” earned, there was still this tiny, yet infuriatingly-difficult-to-ignore throb in Jimin’s heart whenever he tried to disregard Jungkook. Though he did everything to convince himself to maintain strong will, it was no doubt an arduous journey forgetting someone he once offered love to.

 

Park Jimin came to the conclusion that he may be too kind, and nearing the point of absolute stupidity for Jeon Jungkook.

 

..........

 

“So, do I add the lemon before the honey,” Jimin scratched his chin as he stared at the yellow fruit before him. “Or does the honey come first?”

 

Taehyung eyed Jimin lazily from the couch he was tugged comfortably in, ready to watch his daily dose of anime, and found his best friend still debating the same question for the past hour.

 

“This doesn’t make sense, Jimin.” He couldn’t help but let a sigh escape, “I thought you were finally moving on.”

 

“What do you mean?” The orange-haired male feigned innocence while trying to focus on slicing the lemon in precise measurements.

 

Taehyung wanted nothing more than to slam his own face into the wall to ease the frustration. Somehow the fact that both Jungkook and Jimin were his closest friends made him feel guilty, as he didn’t know how to help them. He did consider locking them both in a closet, and would have done just that if Jin hadn’t threatened to stop cooking dinner for him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter