2.

An Odd TVXQ Christmas Carol

"Oi!" Changmin, the ghost, clad in a costume reminiscent of their Tri-Angle days, poked the sleeping Jaejoong. "Wake up!" he poked again. "Oi, I said wake up!" he said, shoving Jaejoong with all his might.

"What? Huh? Who? Who are you?!" Jaejoong demanded when he saw Changmin.

"Who am I? Who am I? I am your Uncle! Wait, heck no. I'm younger than you! Who changed the script?" he demanded, holding a script-like bunch of papers, scanning through it. He threw it away and said, "Anyway, I'm the Ghost of your pitiful past, miserable present and oh-so-dying future! Mwahahaha!"

"Whatever," Jaejoong said, pulling the blanket back over his head. "Bother me tomorrow. Better yet, don't bother me, EVER!"

"What? No! You're not supposed to go to sleep! Wake up! Wake up!" Changmin demanded as he poked, shoved and pulled the blanket off Jaejoong to get him out of bed.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm trying to sleep!" Jaejoong crankily said.

"Come with me," Changmin said, dragging Jaejoong out of bed.

"Where are we going?" Jaejoong asked.

"You'll see," Changmin said and clapped his hands.

The two arrived in a different scene.

"Where are we?" Jaejoong asked, looking around.

"Let's see," Changmin said, pretending to consult his watch. "It seems we're in Bethlehem, late BC to early AD."

"What for? Bethlehem doesn't have anything to do with me and my past!" Jaejoong exclaimed.

"On the contrary, my dear friend, this has everything to do with you and everyone else on earth," Changmin explained.

"Huh?"

"Watch," he instructed and snapped his fingers.

Yunho walked into the scene holding a giant picture of the Nativity scene in front of the two.

"Do you recognize this by any chance?" he asked.

"The birth of Christ..." Jaejoong said.

"And the reason for celebrating Christmas," Changmin said with a content nod.

"So why did you bring me here?"

"To remind you of the past, the reason for the season."

"And, again, what does that have to do with me?"

"Everything," Changmin said and waved his hand. Yunho set aside the Nativity scene and held up a picture of Jaejoong's childhood. "You know, it's quite unfair that you had a great childhood while your children are suffering."

"What do you mean?"

Changmin sighed, Yunho, still on a giant placard, revealed a picture of the two kids who spent Christmas without their father.

"In the past, you were happy. Even after you got married. But when she died, you became a pitiful wretch, you poor, unfortunate soul, and you made those around you miserable, those even more poor unfortunate souls," Changmin said with a disappointed shake of his head.

"I'm making them miserable?" Jaejoong asked, as if to himself.

"You know, since she died, you never spent any thime with your kids. You poured everything out on work. If this continues, they will forget you. Their hearts will harden against you," he warned.

Yunho changed the sad picture with a comic-strip style one where he is now a dying, old man who laid sick in bed.

"Is that...?" Jaejoong asked, unable to complete the sentence.

"You? Yes, that is your future But that's not all there is..." Changmin told him gravely.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------