1.

An Odd TVXQ Christmas Carol

“You guys all know your lines, right? Please remember them!” Yoochun said.

“Yunho-hyung, PLEASE. Don’t keep making mistakes on your lines again,” Changmin pleaded, remembering the time when they were recording their own parody of ‘The King’s Man’. Man, did his head hurt!

“Don’t worry, Changmin! I’ve really memorized them this time! And I practiced a lot yesterday, so this should not be a problem,” Yunho said confidently with a lop-sided grin.

“Yah, hyung! We’re going to strangle you if you make lots of NGs. You’re the narrator!” Junsu exclaimed.

“Oh, and just in case you forget,” Jaejoong said, handing Yunho a stack of compiled index cards.

“Cue cards?”

“You might need ‘em,” Jaejoong answered with a shrug.

 

~~

 

“It was the 24th of December, and everyone was celebrating, enjoying Christmas eve together as a family. Sadly, there was one family of three who weren’t enjoying the festive season. They've never spent one fun Christmas eve together since the children's mother died on that day several years ago," Yunho narrated.

"Dad! Dad!" Junsu bounced into the scene, squeaking in his dolphin voice. His father sat in front of his desk working on the papers in front of him. "Hyung's gotten the food ready~ Come join us for dinner! Let's celebrate Christmas together!"

"Okay. Pause guys," Yunho said, and the characters froze in place as Yunho walked into the room to narrate. He pointed at Junsu and said, "Okay, so you see this kid right here? He's the youngest son of this man," he said, pointing at Jaejoong. "Okay, go on."

Yunho stepped out of the scene.

"No thanks, I'm busy right now," he said not even looking at his son. "You go enjoy it with your brother."

"Grouch, right? Well, that's the Dad for you. But he wasn't always like that," Yunho said sadly, comfortably sitting on one of the couched is the room. "His heart only hardened on the day his wife died. He'd freverently prayed for her health only to lose her on that fateful day. Anyway, continuing with the story..."

Junsu pouted, tears threatening to fall. He sniffled before he ran out of the room to find his brother as he called, "Hyung! Hyung!"

"What is it, dongsaeng?" Yoochun asked as his brother ran into the room crying.

"Hi, y'all! It's me again~ Okay, after this one, I won't bother you so much any more. So this guy, see him?" he asked as he walked into the room to stand beside the frozen Yoochun. "This little guy. Well, he's not so little, I understand. But he's the older brother and he's a good older brother to his little sibling, who again, is not so little. Unlike his dongsaeng, he can clearly remember what Christmas was like when his mother was still around.So, he does his best to recreate the fun Christmas for his little brother. BUT! The Dad always finds a way to ruin Christmas for them. Sad, right? Anyway..."

"Hyung! Dad doesn't want to join us for dinner!" Junsu cried.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't cry. It's all right. Daddy's just busy. He's got a lot of things to take care of so he can take care of us. You can understand that, right? Daddy loves us but his work is very urgent," Yoochun gently explained.

"But it's Christmas!" Junsu whined.

"We can't do anything about it," Yoochun said apologetically. "Let's just go enjoy dinner, okay? I worked hard on it, so I'm sure it's going to be great! Then let's go to bed. Tomorrow, I promise, we'll play anything you want. Okay? We'll make tomorrow the best day of the year!"

"Okay," Junsu said half-heartedly.

"The siblings went to sleep early that night and their father followed not long after. However, unlike his children, their father was unable to get a good night's sleep," Yunho said ominously.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------