Prequel/Afterwards

A Ghost's Possession

A/N: I know the whole thing is a little itty bit confusing, so I wrote the prequel/afterward to clear the confusion up a bit! This whole fic was inspired by Jongin's solo Deep Breath (which is absolutely amazing btw) and Tokyo Ghoul (highly recommend watching it too). Thank you for reading :)


PREQUEL:

The young boy desired attention, desired love. But his life never gave him his wishes. He lived in solitude, the only friend he had being his own mind, and even then it failed to love.

At eight he made a doll. A baby sized doll with deep red eyes, snow white hair, and a tan face. He named it Kai. He divulged his innermost secrets in it. He believed it was real. It was the only thing that shared his love.

At ten, the doll moved. It breathed. It walked. It killed. Twenty people, all those who failed to love the young boy, gone. He painted them his favorite color. The boy was the puppet master, controlling the doll to do his bidding. At fourteen, the doll was taken, ripped apart by his mother. Her body was found in the same manner. His friend, the one who loved him, who did anything for him, was gone. The strings connecting the master to his puppet were severed. The young boy’s favorite color filled his eyes. From then on, he was referred to as ‘Spawn of Hell.’ 

At eighteen, he was tried. No one loved him. The wide eyed boy only saw fire before the darkness; a landscape, his escape, he gladly accepted with a sly grin. 

The boy awoke in hell, his true home. His favorite color surrounding him. He was given a title, one that gave him the power he craved.

Demon. 

He liked it. But no one loved him. They feared him. He became royalty out of fear, not of love. Who would love him? Surely no one in hell. 

He had to find someone. He knew someone would love him. He would make someone love him. He needed his doll back. Years upon years of haunting his grave, and no one loved him. They were scared. Those people had to disappear. They could not poison his lover. 

He found him. His lover. His doll had come back to him. Oh how he had grown. His beauty hadn’t changed. But who was the other? Was he stealing his doll from him? 

The young boy escaped his grave. Fate gave him his freedom. And fate will end the life of the other. His body was easy. No struggle. His doll was his again. 

~

He held the unconscious boy in his arms, his white hair. His beautiful Kai had returned to him. His other half could love him again. 

He took the boy back home and made sure to fix him. His clothes were changed into the same fashion Kyungsoo had when he first made the doll. A deep red velvet suit and black cloak complimented Jongin’s tan features. Once he was done, he was placed on a throne made just for him, his stiff body sitting upright.

Jongin’s body awoke with a blank stare, but his mind was still shut off, waiting for Kyungsoo’s command. The only things left in his mind were basic principles: his love for the demon and his new name, Kai. He was no longer Jongin the human boy. He was Kai the demon, a soulless doll. 

Kyungsoo caressed his cheek, draping his arms over his creation’s body. He only had to say one word to wake his sleeping prince. 

Mine. 

Thin, golden strands roped around Kai’s wrists and ankles, connecting back to Kyungsoo’s own hands. They glittered in the dim lighting of the throne room before fading into invisibility. The connection was whole again. Their love could be eternal.

Kai responded to Kyungsoo’s voice in a mechanical manner. 

Yours. 

The strings of the puppet master orchestrated true love, a symphonic drug numbing the senses.