Bonus Chap

Be My Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

because you guys have asked for it...

here's a bonus chap to thank you guys who've dropped by and taken time to read this drabble. lol~

enjoy!~

and don't forget to leave a comment, yeah?

upvotes are loved too <3

 

Baekhyun won’t be stupid anymore. She has spent two years on acting like a kid trapped in a mid-twenties body and seriously, it has caused her more harm than good. Well, except Nara because her little princess is the best thing that happened to her. And then there is her boyfriend – or is fiancée a better term? – Chanyeol who insists that she use his Korean name from then on.

And so, even though she has practically agreed to marry her best guy friend, she wouldn’t jump into that too easily. She has known Fujimoto Takumi for five years but Park Chanyeol has appeared only that day when her mother gave her a surprise visit. She’s just wary because the possibility that there is more to her boyfriend than what she sees is pretty high. And being just friends with benefits for the longest time isn’t really enough to know Chanyeol fully.

Yes, she loves the guy (there’s no way around that fact, really) but marriage is not just something to be considered lightly. It is a lifetime commitment plus Baekhyun is not only doing this because her feelings are telling her that this is the best thing to do but she is also doing this for Nara. Her daughter is still young to understand the concept of a family and how important it is to have one that is whole. Baekhyun knows that if she will continue to be a single parent, she is exposing Nara to many possibilities of misunderstanding and people talking about her fatherless status.

She doesn’t want that to happen. All she wishes is for her baby to grow up beautiful inside and out.

Nara stirs in her arms and she smiles, planting a kiss on her daughter’s forehead. She yawned cutely and raised her fists to rub off sleepiness from her eyes.

“Good morning, baby,” Baekhyun cooed and brushed Nara’s hair off her face.

“Hi, mommy,” the little girl replied, followed by a blind smooch that landed on her mother’s nose more than her cheek. “Is daddy coming?”

Much to Baekhyun’s embarrassment, she still can’t help but blush whenever Nara refers to Chanyeol as her ‘daddy’. Chanyeol has told Nara to call her that since the day that Baekhyun has agreed to marry him and Nara was more than happy to oblige. Baekhyun could only hear ‘daddy this, daddy that’ from her daughter a lot of times in a day and even now that she and Chanyeol have been official for two months, she still gets the same feeling and has the same reaction about Chanyeol being Nara’s father.

Nara is looking at her expectantly and she answered her question with a nod and a bright smile. “Daddy’s going to pick us up and show us his workplace. You like that, baby?”

“Yes! Bath time now, mommy! Hurry!” Nara jumped off her bed and Baekhyun followed suit with the clothes that she has pre-picked for her.

 

Baekhyun is excited herself to see where Chanyeol is working. The guy has been mysterious about his job even though Baekhyun has already told him about her status and what was expected of her when she comes back to Korea. She has had guesses but Chanyeol kept mum and distracted her by changing the topic or advancing on her physically that get them nowhere but on top of each other and . She even accused him of being part of Yakuza but Chanyeol laughed his off of that saying that he looks too handsome to be some kind of a goon.

She gave up guessing and waited patiently until Chanyeol says it himself.

Chanyeol was by her doorstep on time and has pulled her into a kiss that was only broken when Nara has demanded the attention of her daddy. Chanyeol humored his princess and carried her to the car while his free hand holds one of Baekhyun’s. Nara was placed on her seat at the back while her parents had taken their seats in front. Chanyeol was quiet but still looks happy so Baekhyun let him be and played with her fingers and checking Nara from the rear view mirror from time to time.

But Baekhyun started to feel confused as the roads they passed and the buildings she saw were familiar and she threw her boyfriend a puzzled look. Chanyeol, sensing the stare, reached for her cheek and pinched it lightly before humming to himself. It wasn’t a surprise to his girlfriend anymore when they have parked inside the condominium where Chanyeol’s unit is. They got out of the car and Chanyeol took Nara once more and sighed when Baekhyun didn’t move to follow him towards the elevators.

“I want an explanation first,” she crossed her arms on her chest and planted her feet on the ground.

“Let’s just say that you haven’t seen the whole of my home, Baek. Come on,” he urged and reached for Baekhyun’s hand. She reluctantly held the big and warm hand that led her to a familiar place that she has been to for quite a lot of times since… well…

It was Nara’s first time though and she has asked to be put down the moment they stepped in and Baekhyun stopped on her tracks when she saw a panel at the right just after the hallway that led them to the living room. The last time she was there (probably a couple of months ago already), there is just a bookshelf there but now, in place of it, there is a door that is slightly ajar and from what Baekhyun could spy from where she’s standing, the room looks too cute and pink for Chanyeol’s taste.

Both of them know what pink could do to Nara and they could only watch when their daughter saw the room and dashed inside it.

“Okay, can you explain now, Mr. Park?” Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow at Chanyeol who smiled sheepishly. He pulled her towards the room and even Baekhyun is amazed at how it really looks inside. The whole room is baby pink mostly with some other hues of pink scattered. The soft carpet laid inside is hot pink while the four-poster bed sitting in the middle of the pink room has white transparent drapes and light pink sheets and hello kitty pillows. Not to mention the pile of plush toys by the pink vanity where Nara has busied herself with. Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun and went to crouch down beside the little girl.

“Do you like it, Nara?” he asked and the little girl nodded her head enthusiastically.

“It’s pretty, daddy! Nara likes it!”

“Now, will you be a good girl and stay here? Mommy and I need to talk. If you want something, just call for us, okay?” Chanyeol patted her head, avoiding her cure pigtails to escape Baekhyun’s wrath for messing with Nara’s hair.

“Nara stays here, daddy. Promise,” she lifted her pinky finger and Chanyeol raised his as well and sealed their pinky promise. He kissed the top of her head and turned to Baekhyun who also crouched down to give her daughter’s cheeks a kiss each.

“I love you, baby.”

“Nara love you mommy and daddy,” she beamed and hugged one bear plushie that she took from the pile. Chanyeol and Baekhyun left her to her new toys and slowly closed the door behind them. There was silence that settled on the two of them and Chanyeol was the one to break it by surprising Baekhyun with a kiss, making her squeak and hit his arm lightly. Chanyeol laughed and led them to the couch where they share many memories on.

“Stop frowning, babe,” Chanyeol chuckled. “It’s time for questions. I’m going to answer everything now, I promise.”

Baekhyun has so many questions playing inside her head. They have been dating for a couple of weeks and have known each other for years but why hasn’t she pried more into Chanyeol’s life? She has given him too much privacy and benefit of the doubt and yet she has fallen for him over time. Does what she know about him enough to push through the marriage? Are they even ready for that kind of commitment when the two of them are pretty similar when it comes to their previous habits? Sometimes, Baekhyun is still questioning her feelings because this is the first time that she has felt this strong for another person. She loves her girl friends for sure but what she has for Chanyeol is wholly different and the other guys she has been with were just to quench her lust. Never as deep as what she and Chanyeol has.

But is that love enough?

It was Chanyeol who is now frowning as the hesitation was clearly painted on Baekhyun’s face. He knew that things happened in a rush since the day that he met her mother but Chanyeol has been waiting for years. Maybe he should be the one to prompt their conversation. He knows that Baekhyun is easily distracted since she has this tendency to incline more on what is new and what is different and she always expects for a change. She has been wanting change and from her story, Chanyeol understood why. But then this makes her untrusting and skeptical because she’s not sued to having something permanent in her life except her friends back in Korea, Minseok, Nara and him. But now that he has posed his want to be out of his comfort zone and take a ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter