Final

Be My Daddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun is a mother of one cute little girl named Nara who has just turned three a month ago. Said Byun Baekhyun is also the long lost heir of Byun Enterprise, one of the rising companies of under $1B. She had not been on the best terms with her parents ever since she was a kid because it seems like they want a slave and not a daughter for all the things that they have made her do.

They made her hone her early education at home and then made her enter an exclusive-for-elites-only school for her high school and then college. They told her to get the top spot all the time and if she fails to do so, they will even limit her limited interaction with the only two friends that she has managed to have. Her pent up frustrations and emotions have burst by the time she has graduated from college.

She planned ahead and withdrew money little by little from her bloated bank account to fund herself a life away from her parents; a life away from being a Byun. She knew that she had to do some illegal stuff so she won’t be traced but she silenced her conscience. She could take that better than to be kept inside the confines of their company building and be molded just like how her parents want her to be.

She doesn't want that kind of life.

So the night after her graduation, she bade goodbye to Kyungsoo and Luhan who promised to keep her secret to their graves as long as she will keep them regularly updated about her. With minimal clothes and lots of cash, she left her house as Lee Minah and flew to Japan.

She arrived safely and went to look for one of Luhan's friends who they have asked help from. Kim Minseok, Luhan;s friend who had been living for quite some time in Japan already, had agreed to take her in for a little while until she gets a place of her own.

Baekhyun lived the life that she has just been watching from the TV and has just heard from her friends who at least were able to go out a party like a person their age would. She got herself a job as a secretary in a startup company under her new identity. It was her best choice because they don't really do thorough background checks and the pay is decent.

Living alone is a new concept for her and it took a little time for her to adjust to doing everything by herself. She didn't complain even once because as hard as it is, she has the freedom to do whatever she wants.

She has met a lot of people and befriended them because they were all nice but still kept a low profile just in case her family has sent out someone to look for her.

Baekhyun has also become fascinated with going to clubs at least once a week. Minseok has brought her there for the first time and she has been coming back, even if she's alone. The tantalizing lights that were brightening up the room in a mysterious way that keeps her curious and wanting and the boom of the music from the speakers shoots excitement and life into her veins, something that she hasn't fully grasped before. And it feels addicting, making her come back again and again.

It was a while before she was able to go to the dance floor herself and there she learned how to dance without any care for the world. She grew comfortable over time and the rush she felt since the first time just keeps getting better and better, especially since she has discovered that her ual frustration needed to be quenched.

Her first time was with a nice guy named Takumi. They met in the club during the first days of her partying life and they have been talking for a couple of times already and then one night, Baekhyun accepted to herself that she trusted him enough to give him her precious ity.

After the first time, just like going to the club, Baekhyun became addicted. With no one to stop her or to chastise her, she went to bed with a different man every time she goes to the club. Most of the times, she's tipsy from the alcohol that she enjoyed drinking over expensive wine and there were also times that she is faced. She didn't give a damn because her freedom is laced on her wings and it's bringing her to places she hasn't explored yet.

She keeps coming back to Takumi though because the guy gives her a good time and a good laugh on top of being her best lay. She thinks she already has enough experience to be able to say that. They’ve settled into being friends with benefits for quite some time. It’s an open relationship, no-strings-attached but pleasurable all the same. She gets to enjoy her night life fully but then she has found an anchor to reality still in the form of Takumi.

It took only one moment of carelessness to give her Nara.

The moment that she realized she was two and a half months pregnant, it knocked some sense into her head. She looked back at how she lived the first two years of being free and she wanted to drown in shame. She turned into some kind of an insatiable and that is not how she would've wanted to have a child of her own. Even though she has been hidden from the world, Baekhyun knew of fairy tales and romance stories and she’s just like any other girl who have dreamt to be swept off of her feet by some knight in shining armor or a prince charming before getting knocked up. Sadly, it didn’t turn out that way because of all the drunken that she has been having. But she didn't think of giving up on her baby and vowed to raise him or her properly - pure of love and happiness - unlike what her parents have done.

Minseok has accepted her into her house once more and she has been her support system in place of her worried friends. They did drop by to check on her but they can't stay long or it will be suspicious. They said that the Byuns are still looking for their runaway daughter and Baekhyun still doesn't want to get back. She has vowed that she will do her best for herself and her baby, even if she grows without her father who she doesn't have a way of knowing who. By the time Nara was conceived, she has been sleeping with people almost every night and it's not like she's keeping track of them. Except Takumi. Did she put effort into finding who the father or her baby is? Honestly, she doesn’t care. It’s not like she wants to be tied at that point of her life and she knows that she could raise her kid alone.

If other people could do it, why can’t she?

Baekhyun didn’t have a difficult pregnancy and with this, she has hopes that her little baby will be an angel through and through. After giving birth to her little princess, she worked right away when her doctor told her that she's good to go. She asked for a more flexible schedule and because she's done a good job at work, her boss has granted her that. They're more of an output oriented company anyway. She makes sure to take care of Nara when she has her time in her hands and if she's at work, Nara is with Minseok or Takumi.

Before she knew it, three years have passed and her little princess is growing into a tiny lady who is the exact carbon copy of her. Their resemblance is uncanny but Baekhyun is happy with that, it seems like her dad doesn't have a trace on her and she secretly loves that. Little Nara was loved dearly by her auntie Minnie and Uncle Mimi (who was brave enough to take a paternal test but it was negative and she felt a little bit disappointed for some reason) and she didn't mind not having a dad, yet.

Everything was going oh so well despite her having to go home tired from work but she has her Nara to cheer her up with just one smile and one kiss. She’s been a good girl according to her usual babysitters and Baekhyun couldn’t have asked for more. But the happy and peaceful times were cut short when one morning, she found her mother at her doorstep. She was too stunned to do anything but let her in when she asked to. She just came back from her trance when she mentioned about her granddaughter.

"How did you know about Nara?" she spat defensively. She never intended for her daughter to live the life she had so she's adamant into keeping her away from her family.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Baekkie. I want you home. We want you home," her mother pleaded but Baekhyun won't be swayed easily. She knows there is something hidden behind her words and she didn't need to ask because her mother told her herself.

"Your father and the company needs you."

She stood up abruptly and scoffed. "I won't let you control my life anymore, mom. I'm happy with my life right now and I don't want the company. Sell it for all I care."

But she got her stubbornness from her so it's no wonder when her mother argued back. "Baekhyun, look at you. Look at your house. I know that you are working as a secretary for almost five years now. Think about your daughter. Do you want her to live just like this when she could do so much more? Don't you want her to live a comfortable life?"

"And what? Live like I did, mom? Live like my only purpose is to please you?" Baekhyun shook her head. "I don't think so. My apartment may not be as big as my room before and I might not have that much money anymore but I'd rather see my daughter smiling everytime and grow up and be what she wants to be."

Mrs. Byun sighed in defeat. "I am sorry for that, Baekkie. I know this is all too late but I get your point," she lowered her head and fiddled with her bag on her lap. "I just hope you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter