Acceptance Speech

Biased Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't just that I was freaking out, it was also that when I reached, I got a deathly stares from XiuMin and Chen. I smiled, probably looked fake doing it, and sat down on one of the chairs, away from the awkwardness. How was I supposed to speak on stage if we were this uncomfortable around each other. 

"Ari-sshi," I heard Chen say, gravely. "How are you?" 

"I'm okay," I squeaked. "You?" 

"Pretty hurt, yeah," he said, sitting down next to me. Straight for the jugular.

"I'm sorry, Chen but... it's only going to cause problems for you guys. It'll be another thing for the paparazzi to trap you in and you'll have to struggle because of it with your management. I mean..." I trailed off, seeing a skeptical look on his face. 

"You told me that you didn't want to be hurt and so you left..." 

"And... that too," I whispered. 

"You're doing this for us? You're hurting me so you can "protect" me from the media and people around? That's cliche and cheesy and that's not how real life works, Ari. You've got to take chances and stick it out until you're really sure that it won't work out."

"You're giving me too much advice despite being the same age as me," I muttered. "And, did none of the other boys fall for their partners?" 

"No. I don't think," he said. "Look, Ari, do you want to be with me? If you don't then... us not being together completely makes sense." 

"I do want to be with you," I whispered and looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was eavesdropping. 

"Then, let's... try. Just this one time... and, if it doesn't work out or it becomes a mess... I won't ever ask you, again." 

"You're such a busy person. Do you have time to date?" 

"I'll make time. You don't have to worry about all that." 

"Chen... let's not rush into things. OK? I'll think about it." 

"You wasted four days. What were you doing then?" 

"Trying not to think about you, obviously." 

"What were you thinking about?" 

"Food, mostly and work and sleep. Well, very little sleep and a lot of work and food." 

"Are you hungry?" 

"Yeah." 

"Let's go eat something." 

"Uh... are you crazy? You have a concert."

"The table is right there," he said, pointing to the other end of the room. 

"I didn't notice it." 

"Get glasses," he muttered and stood up. "Stay here. I'll get something..." 

"I can come with you," I interrupted him. 

"Just stay. You're probably tired," he said, pointing to my heels. I'd had to dress up because Ki was there when I was leaving. I was wearing jeans, a simple button down shirt and heeled boots. Basically, my outfit didn't make sense. I just groaned when I looked at them. 

"I know," someone said and I looked up to see a really pretty girl, perched on the chair. I wasn't sure if she was older or younger than me or my age. I knew, though, that she was ChanYeol's chosen one.

"He's too tall, right? Chen isn't even that tall and I've got heels on, like an idiot," I muttered, smacking my head. 

"Want to exchange? I promise I won't run away with them." 

"I wouldn't even mind if you did. I hate heels." 

She giggled. She was wearing high tops and I was glad that we got to exchange. She probably wouldn't look like a minion standing next to him, anymore. I started to tighten the laces and even though she was about one size bigger than me, it didn't quite cause a hinderance. 

"Your feet are tiny," she complained. 

"I'm sorry..." I trailed off, unable to get a titled to address her with. 

"I'm Ji Ri On. I'm 24 years old." 

"I'm Noh A-Ri. I'm 23."

"So, I'm your eonnie," she said and grinned. 

"I guess." 

"Ari?" I heard Chen say and I turned to look at him. He handed me a cup of coffee and a plate full of food enough for three people. 

"Do I look like a giant?" I asked him. 

"No, not really. We can share," he said. 

"Oh, cool." 

"Who's shoes are those?" 

"Oh, they're hers," I said, turning back around she wasn't there and I spotted her talking to ChanYeol who was grinning at her. 

"The air...?" 

"Chanyeol's partner." 

"She does need the heels," he joked. 

"I know. Anyway," I murmured. "I got sneakers and I'm happy." 

"If you didn't like heels, why'd you wear them?" 

"You see I have a best friend who needs serious medical attention," I told him. 

"Ki Jung made you wear that." 

"Yes." 

"She wants you dead, doesn't she?" He said, jokingly as he passed me food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter