Profusely Polite

Biased Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know it wasn't right of me to assume this but I was pretty sure that this couldn't be real. A whole week with your bias? If fans were that lucky they'd be the most content human beings in the world. I looked at Chen skeptically and when he eventutally turned to look at me, I got a smile and I had to smile back. 

"Are you okay, Ari-sshi?"

"Yes," I said, with a nod. "You?" 

"I'm a little tired now," he said. 

The backstage area wasn't all that crowded but the buzz of the girls/boys talking to their biases was a little annoying. Of course, that was because I was so behind on Chen related news for the past two months that I didn't know what to tell him or talk to him about. 

"So, what do you think we should do for the next week?" He asked me. 

"I don't know. I have work," I told him, softly. "It seems to be a waste on me, to be honest." 

"We'll figure a way out, even if I'm the only one who gets the least amount of time with an EXO-L." 

"Aren't you guys scared that one of us could end up stalking you?" 

"We do check up on people, you know? And, if that's what happens... then, it just happens. It won't be the first time we've faced it." 

"But, isn't that scary? I mean... it can't be pleasant, at all."

"Scary... yes. Sometimes, it's very scary as to what people are capable of. But, will you go around the world mistrusting everyone because of it?" 

"No, I guess not," I said, with a smile. 

"So, uh... tell me about you. What's your life like?" 

"Well, I live with my parents... well, my mom. My dad's in the military and my brother just started his 2 years a month ago. I have a younger sister but she's just starting elementary school. My mom's a teacher." 

"You're the oldest then?" 

"Yes." 

"You must miss your father?" 

"My mother misses him way more. I've gotten used to it... I mean, it's difficult but..." I trailed off. "Ignore my rambling." 

"I asked," he said. "You don't have to feel awkward..."

"To be honest, I think it's pretty late and I came with my friend who didn't get in. So... I should go." 

"Call your friend," he said. "It's not safe to just leave." 

I nodded and pulled out my phone. In the last two months, a lot had changed. My phone's background was a picture of my parents' wedding photo. I didn't have any signs that I was an EXO fan on my phone. I had deleted most of the pictures to make space. I felt guilty to even be chosen because now I truly didn't deserve to be here. 
I dialled Ki's number and she picked up after three rings.

"Nae? Oediya?" 

"Backstage," I told her. 

"Aish, you're still there. I thought you left because you didn't contact me... I left, Ari. Mian..."

"Aniyo, it's alright. I'll be going home, anyway. I can just ask Iseul..." 

"Hya, Iseul is not here." 

"I'm dumb, I know," I joked. I looked up and Chen just furrowed his brows at me. "Look, Ki, I'll... see you. Ok?" 

"OK. Just... take care. When you get in the taxi, text me the number and name of the driver. And... tell me when you reach home. FIGHTING." 

"Ah... thank you, ok." I disconnected the call and shoved the phone back in. 

"I'm confused. Should I drop you? Is she coming?" he asked me, scratching his neck. 

"I'll be going now. Thank you..." 

"You have to give me your number. How will I contact you?" He asked me. 

"K-Talk!" I whispered. 

He smiled. "I know. I was kidding. I'll walk you out." 

"No, stay here. It's not safe. There might be fans out there." 

"Hya, am I a kid? You're always talking about my safety." 

"We're all kids. I'll be leaving," I said, bowing. 

"Your friend is coming right? You're going to her. I hope you're not taking a taxi." 

"Yes," I lied. "She's coming." 

"OK. I'll trust you, Ari." 

"Thanks." 

I ran out of there and when I hit the sidewalk, I continued to walk for fifteen minutes to an uncrowded area. When I finally got into a taxi, I photographed his information from the leaflet on his seat and sent it to my mom and Ki. Usually, I'd have Iseul help me out but he wasn't here. Now, I miss that idiotic brother of mine. 

"Babo," I muttered, smacking my forehead. 

It took a while and the expenditure of my precious salary to reach home but that was alright. I usually just palmed most of my money to my mother anyway. I wasn't good with it and I trusted no one else.
To be honest, more than anything else, I regretted going today. Maybe if I hadn't gone, he would've chosen a fan who wouldn't be coming up with excuses to not hang out with him. I wasn't even sure what he expected us to do. The moment he stepped out with me, we'd be swarmed by a million fans and I wasn't the fittest person around. So, running wasn't my strong suit. 

I went to bed feeling guilty and woke up feeling guiltier. I checked my phone for the time and I wasn't late to get into work, despite it being the weekend. Maybe working on something or the other could keep my mind off of Chen and the guilt trip. I show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter