Realization

Biased Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You made this yourself?" He asked me, surprised. 

I nodded. He hates it. He HATES it. "Do you not like it?" 

"Ari, was it?" 

"Yes." 

"You're amazing at this. This is so precious. What do you do?" 

"For work?" 

"Yes." 

"I'm a government employee. I work under an officer... now." 

"Wow, are you my noona or are you just very smart?" 

"I'm a month younger to you, oppa," I told him and then mentally slapped myself for saying the last word. 

"You're very pretty," Sehun said, from beside him, to me. "Noona." He winked and I must've blushed pretty hard because he chuckled and turned back to the other fans. 

"Have you brought these just for me?" Chen asked me. 

"Yes, I'm sorry." 

"Then, I'm special?" He said with a huge smile. 

"Yes." 

"Waah, that's good."

"I hope so." 

"Do me a favor, Ari-sshi?" 

"Yes?" 

"Work very hard and make me proud. I'll know that I have a fan who's changing Korea. Can you do that?" 

"I will try." 

"That's very good to hear. Will you be here till the end of today?" 

"Yes." 

He reached out to caress my hand that rested on the table before me. "Then, have fun, Ari." 

I walked back to my seat, dazed. I couldn't hear most of what they were saying and Ki Jung mostly just tried to wake me up. "I'm okay," I whispered. 

"You don't seem okay." 

"I'm okay though..."

The rest of the fanmeet went by in a daze and I had a burning hand. I never wanted to wash it ever again but that would be nearly impossible. I mostly just stared at the floor. Sometimes, I wondered what made me fall for Chen but I had yet to find the answer. I was just into little sarcastic derps who could flip and become the devil with glass for jawlines. 

"Ari, let's go," she said and I nodded. I refocused my eyes and noticed that most of the fans were filtering out. 

We started to walk out of the gate and I was still unable to think properly so, I turned the conversation into one about her. "What'd YiXing say?" 

She giggled. "He said that he'll always remember me because he loved the unicorn." 

"Aww, that's so sweet of him," I cooed and wrapped my arms around her. 

"Your bias touched you." 

"Your bias promised to remember you." 

"OK. We're even," she said and hugged me back.

Ki started talk about all the fanmeets we could go to now that we would be able to save up enough funds because the both of us had jobs. But, I knew that I couldn't do a lot of this anymore. My job would be too demanding, too difficult and I didn't know if I would even have the time to think about EXO anymore.

X

I sat down at my desk and ate as I read through the reports that detailed the various officers who had been assigned here in the last year. A lot of them were just college kids who signed up for their mandatory military service. There was an inconsistency with the budget assigned and the amount that each officer had spent which worried me because if money was being skimmed then most of the officers would be suffering. 

I made notes of the consistent inconsistencies and even though I didn't see much of a pattern at all, I walked into Lim sir's office to report to him. 

"Did you find something?" He asked me, gravely. 

I nodded and handed the report over to him. The officer's haven't been receiving their due and there are inconsistencies in their food budget." 

"That can't be," he said, leafing through the report to come to the page. 

"I was wishing that wasn't it, sir." 

"Fine, take the previous years' reports from the cabinet and start checking those and call Mr. Shin, I need to talk to him about this." 

I nodded and bowed before leaving. He was probably royally pissed off. I sent a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter