Chapter 1 : Meetings and Realizations

Lies Behind Their Smiles

Note: italized word/sentences are in english. just imagine that they are all conversing in korean for normal fonts.

P.S. this will be my first ever fic so please bear with the errors.

Happy reading!

 

Edited as of 9/18/20.

 

Chapter 1

 

It was a very tiring day for the girls, but not so much for the two. Yoona and Jessica were immersed in their own world – that is the world of cheesiness lead, surprisingly, by the ice princess.

 

“Yoong when do you plan on becoming my girlfriend” whined the ice princess named Jessica. “It's been a year already.”

 

“Wae unnie, tired of waiting already?” The doe-eyed girl answered playfully.

 

“What really?! Of course not! I've waited for you for almost 12 years and I’m not planning on quitting anytime soon. It's just that I knew that you also have some feelings for me, why prolong it?” The older girl reasoned.

 

“And what makes you so sure that I have feelings for you too” The younger answered playfully whilst grinning, but stopped shortly when she received icy cold death glares courtesy of the ice princess.

 

“Okay fine maybe I do have but just so you know unnie I'm still new to this kind of setup and I'm still adjusting to it.” The taller girl answered, hands raised.

 

“Well alright, I know you’re still shocked about my confession last year.” The former answered smugly.

 

“Yep that one was pretty shocking especially when you told me that you’re my long lost best friend.”

 

“Yeah your reaction was pretty hilarious.”

 

“How could I not? When you told me that after our first meeting you immediately knew who I was.”

 

“That isn’t so surprising when the only girl that made my world upside down, would suddenly become my group mate.” The ice princess retorted.

 

`Flashback

 

3 years before the confession.

 

Jessica's POV

 

Today is the day I’m gonna meet my groupmates. They said that we were going to be a nine member girl group. So I’m looking forward to the girls which will be also my new family.

 

            I was one of the earlier ones to arrive at the practice room where we are meeting; thankfully everyone seems to have arrived after a while. Then after 30 minutes of waiting a guy entered the room and he introduced himself as our manager.

 

“Is everyone here?” our manager asked.

 

“Nope we're still waiting for Yoona unnie.” the innocent looking girl answered, while the rest of us are wondering who is this missing girl.

 

After a while the door opened revealing a gorgeous specimen, yep I dare say specimen since I doubt any human would be as beautiful as the girl at the door.

 

The said angel (l decided to go with this description), is wearing a blue shirt, faded jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. No matter how simple her attire is, she definitely took our breath away.

 

It should be a crime, looking good in that outfit.” I heard someone mutter and I couldn’t help but to agree.

 

“I'm s-sorry, I'm l-late.” she managed to say while panting.

 

“So you must be Yoona?” our manager asked.

 

“Y-yes sir t-that’s Me.” she managed to answer.

 

“Just sit near Seohyun,” our manager instructed Yoona. “Since all of you are already here let’s start with introducing yourself. Let’s start with the first one on the left,” our manager said.

 

The midget girl on the farthest left then went to the center to introduce herself.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Kim Taeyeon imnida. Born last March 9 1989, 17 years old. I'm very confident in my singing skills. Hope to be friends with you guys.”

 

Ooh so she's older than I am. Haha it’s not obvious because of her height.

 

“Are you sure your 17? Why is your height like an 11 year old kid?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Yah! I'm 17 year old you know, it’s not just obvious. Easy for you to say because you’re so tall,” answered the midget.

 

“If all of you are just gonna ask why I’m short, never mind it,” retorted Taeyeon.

 

All us lowered our hands except for the doe eyed angel or should I say Yoona.

 

“Yes, Yoona-ssi?” Taeyeon asked excitedly.

 

“Uhm unnie, I’m just wondering if you could give us a sample of your skills.” Yoona asked adorably.

 

‘OMG! Isn’t she cute?’ I cooed in my head.

 

Taeyeon looked starstrucked for a while but managed to snap out of it. Can’t really blame her there.

 

“A-ah yeah, that’s fine. What would you like for me to sing?” Taeyeon answered shyly? Like really?

 

            Wait, am I getting angry? Why though? Huh? That’s weird.

 

“Uhm, any song is fine.”

 

So Taeyeon started singing. And after that performance our jaws was left hanging. Whoa she's not really joking when she said she's very confident in singing.

 

“Whoa unnie daebak! You really have a great voice.” Yoona said while clapping her hands.

 

“T-thank you,” Taeyeon said while scratching her head bashfully. And for some reason I don’t like it when she was praised by Yoona.

 

            Oh god! Am I jealous? The heck? Why should I be?

 

“Very good Taeyeon-ssi. Let’s proceed to the next girl.” Our manager said.

 

Another short girl next to Taeyeon is the next one to go to the center.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Kim Hyoyeon imnida. Born, September 22, 1989, 17 years old. My best asset is my dancing skills. Let's be friends.” She introduced herself enthusiastically.

 

So she's a dancer huh.

 

“So Hyoyeon-ssi would you mind to show us your skills?” a girl with an american accent asked.

 

“That would be my pleasure. So music please.” answered Hyoyeon and as if on cue music was played.

 

And wow she has one of the best moves I have ever seen so far, with this I'm very excited to work with her.

 

“A very nice performance Hyoyeon-ssi, so let’s proceed to the next girl shall we?” manager oppa said as if being an emcee on a show.

 

“NEH!!!” all of us said, well more on shouted. Partly due to the atmosphere in the room.

 

A very tall and skinny girl went to the center to introduce herself.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Choi Sooyoung imnida. Born last February 10, 1990, 16 years old. I'm best at eating. Hope to get along with everybody.”

 

Pffft so she's good in eating? Then why is she so skinny?

 

“Ahm Sooyoung-ssi what’s your talent?” a tanned girl named Yuri asked.

 

“Hmm I do dance, but not as well as Hyoyeon-ssi.” answered Sooyoung.

 

“Well then if it’s not a burden to you can we see you talent?” I answered in my bored tone which somehow came out as arrogant. Which I definitely did not intended it to be.

 

            *sigh* the woes of having a Resting Face.

 

“S-sure its fine I guess,” answered Sooyoung, somehow scared? Well, I really should fix this misunderstanding later.

 

            *After a while*

 

Hmm, not bad for a tall girl. Well usually tall people have very bad coordination, but I think she managed to coordinate her body parts well.

 

“Not bad Sooyoung-ssi, not bad. Well lets proceed.” manager.

 

After Sooyoung, another midget made her way to the center to introduce herself.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Lee Sunkyu imnida. But please call me Sunny. I'm born last May 30, 1989, 17 years old. I'm more confident in singing than dancing. Let’s be friends.”

 

What? Sunkyu? Hahahaha what a very funny name.

 

“Sunny-ssi would you like to show your talent to us?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Sure,” Sunny answered in aegyo way. After that she sang a great song.

 

She sure has a wonderful voice.

 

“Nice voice you have there Sunny-ssi, well lets proceed.” Manager oppa, continuing with his emcee job.

 

The girl with the American accent and eye smiles went to the center.

 

“Hello guys, my real name is Stephanie Hwang, but I prefer to be called Tiffany. I'm from Los Angeles so my Korean is not that good at the moment. Born last August 1, 1989, 17 years old. They say I have a beautiful voice. Anyway hope to be friends with you.”

 

So she's from L.A. no wonder she had that accent.

 

“Tiffany unnie could you give us a sample?” the innocent looking girl named Seohyun asked.

 

“Sure no problem with that.” answered Tiffany.

 

Ooh she really does have a beautiful voice, but still I don’t like the way she stares at Yoona.

 

            Oh my lord! Have I fallen for the doe eyed girl? That’s… impossible? … right?

           

“A very nice performance Tiffany-ssi. Let’s proceed to the next girl.”

 

The tanned tall girl went to the center to be introduced.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Kwon Yuri imnida. Born last December 5, 1989, 17. I'm more confident in dancing than singing. Let’s be friends.”

 

She has a nice body; I'm no ert but because you could really noticed her body especially when she's wearing a body fitting blouse and skinny jeans.

 

“Yuri-ssi could you show us your talent?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“A-ah neh I could do that.” answered Yuri very nervously.

 

Whoa her skills couldn't be as powerful as Hyoyeon's but it would not be as crappy. I'll rate her 8 for that. But I noticed that Yoona is staring her as if she had seen some amazing toy and I really don't like it.

 

Also, for some reason, I have a feeling that I saw her before and that I knew her for a very long time already. This is really becoming a weird experience already.

 

Love at first sight? Please, I’m pretty sure it’s not like that.

 

“Good job Yuri-ssi; let’s proceed to the next girl.”

 

Ow it’s my turn already? I walked to the center with my head held up high. Well  I know I'm beautiful so there's no reason to be ashamed.

 

“Annyeong, I'm Jessica Jung, Jung Sooyeon's my Korean name. Born April 18, 1989. I'm from San Francisco.”

 

I didn't give that much info because I knew they will start bombarding with me with questions once we're gonna live together anyway.

 

“So Jessica-ssi what is your talent?” Sunny asked me.

 

“Singing.” I answered shortly.

 

“Uhm J-Jessica -unnie c-can y-you s-show it to us?” Yoona asked while stuttering, wait… is she afraid of me?

 

“Sure I could do that. And please stop stuttering I'm not that scary,” I answered back while smiling, I can't let my impression go down the drain, well I don’t care about the others but I do care how this doe eyed girl would see me.

 

“You’re aahdiqenbbuevbncjsdn” (You’re not scary but you remind me of someone that’s why I’m stuttering), she mumbled.

 

After I finished singing I watched their reaction and I'm pretty satisfied with it, maybe they didn't expect me to sing this beautiful, but Yoona has a stoic reaction as if she's thinking deeply. And it really bothered me, what if she didn't like it?

Thankfully she managed to smile and clap her hands which was after I think a minute.

 

“That was a very good performance Jessica-ssi. Shall we proceed to the next girl?”

 

The innocent looking girl went to the center.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Seo Juhyun imnida, but I prefer to be called Seohyun. Born last June 28, 1991, I’m 15 years old. Hope to be friends with you unnies.”

 

Ooh she has a calming voice.

 

“Hyunnie show us your talent,” Yoona said to the girl. Hyunnie? Are they close? Why Yoona does have a nickname for her already?

            And why the hell would I be concerned of that? I came here to meet my members not to confuse my heart.

 

“Neh, Yoona unnie, I'll do that,” the girl answered sweetly, and I concluded they must have known each other before this meeting.

 

Even though I'm irritated with her I gotta admit she does have a pretty voice.

 

“Good job Seohyun-ssi, now it’s time for the last girl to be introduced.”

 

Yoona then walked to the center to be introduced. Damn she even walked like a model.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, naneun Im Yoona imnida, born last May 30, 1990. Let’s get along shall we?” she introduce with full of energy.

 

“NEH/SURE/NO PROBLEM/YOU BET WE WILL,” were mostly the answer to the girl. I looked at the girls and I just noticed one thing I’m not the only one to have fallen for this girl's charm.

 

“So Yoona-ssi what is your talent?” Tiffany asked while batting her eyelashes.

Uhh I seriously don’t like that girl.

 

“Uhm well I’m more confident in my acting skills than my dancing and singing ones. But I don’t want to act here now because you might think that I lost my mind, so I’ll just go for dancing.” she answered while smiling which made my heart very wild as if it’s gonna jump out of my ribs.

 

            Seriously! What is wrong with me!?

 

After her speech she started dancing, but before that she send a wink to Tiffany's direction causing my blood to boil, but even though I’m infuriated with that Tiffany, I can’t help but to admire Yoona's skills, golly wow she might not be as good as Hyoyeon but she sure have some charm that you don’t want to tear your eyes off her.

 

“Wow daebak! Yoona-ssi you’re really good,” Yuri told Yoona while patting her back. Psshh get your hands off her you charcoal.

 

            Oh great, now I’m being territorial.

 

“Hahaha Yoona unnie you have done your magic once again,” Seohyun told the doe-eyed girl while hugging her after she went back to her position.

 

“Well I think everyone has finished introducing their selves? So I'm gonna leave you here to get to know each other, I’ll be back around 5 pm to give you your practice schedules. So enjoy!” our manager told us after Yoona's performance.

 

“Neh, manager-ssi.” all of us answered.

 

So getting to know each other huh? Hmm this will be fun.

 

Yoona's POV

 

Dang! I can't believe I woke up late. Tsk I was very excited to know who will be my group mates to the point that I slept late last night and now I’m very late. I hope they won’t kick me out for this.

 

Luckily I have arrived before they start introducing themselves, and also I’m lucky because I’m sitting next to Juhyun, my next-door neighbor, and the only person I know as of now, but I’m hoping that my group mates and I will get along well.

 

The first one to introduce herself was the shorty on the farthest left, oh and her name is Taeyeon.

 

After her introductions we began to question her, well almost all of them asked why is she short that she nearly stopped the questioning, luckily my question is not about her height but about her talent. So I asked her if she could show us her talent and she said yes after a couple of seconds, maybe she's shocked because she didn't expect that question. When she finished singing my jaw literary dropped, she has one heck of amazing voice. So I praised her and she was very shy about it she even blushed. Hahahaha she's funny.

 

After Taeyeon unnie's performance I noticed that almost everybody has their eyes on me, maybe I got dirt on my nose or something, so I asked Juhyun while Hyoyeon unnie prepares to dance.

 

“Hyunnie do I have dirt on my face or something?”

 

“Nope, there's none unnie, why did you ask?”

 

“Because almost all of the girls here are eyeing me so I thought that I got dirt on my face.”

 

“Hahahaha silly unnie if you just only knew.”

 

“Okay your being weird Hyunnie.”

 

“It’s because ~~~” Juhyun's reply was drowned in claps suggesting that Hyoyeon unnie's performance is finished. Owww I haven't watched it, tsk well I have many chances now that I’m working together with her so I'll just gonna watch her during those times.

 

The lanky girl is now introducing herself and she said that Sooyoung is her name and she's a big eater, hmm I guess I just have found my eating buddy. Well honestly I do have some pretty big appetite, but I don’t get that fat easily. The tanned girl ask her what is her talent, cause she didn't specify it earlier, and she answered dancing, but then the girl with a very cold expression asked Sooyoung unnie if she could show us her talent arrogantly. And I think that Sooyoung unnie was offended however she still she showed us her talent, and boy she was good... considering her height she’s an excellent dancer.

 

Next to introduce herself is another shorty; hmm I think she's shorter than Taeyeon unnie by a few centimeters. Her real name is Sunkyu, but prefers to be called Sunny, well not a bad choice since her name is kinda old. Her talent is singing, and she's really good.

 

Next to Sunkyu unnie... ah, I should call her Sunny unnie, well next to her is I think a girl from the states… and I was right she came from L.A. no wonder she got that accent. Ooh she has a cute eye smile that would melt any boy if they saw that. Hmm she's also a singer, and a really good one at that, but is it just me or is she really staring at me during her performance. Well anyway she seemed to be friendly enough.

 

After Tiffany unnie the tanned girl whose name is Yuri made her introduction. Her talent is also dancing, so when she started to perform I just can’t take my eyes off her, she's really jjang. I'm really looking forward to work with her.

 

Ooh the next one is the beautiful girl with very cold expression, whew that’s a very long description so I guess I’ll just call her ice princess. Ice princess unnie's name is Jessica, and I have a vague feeling that I think I met her somewhere.

Well after all I seemed to be a magnet for girls with ice cold attitude since my elementary days, so I may have met her once. So I asked Jessica unnie what was her talent but I can’t help myself not to stutter because I'm really bothered why she seemed so familiar to me, but I think she got the wrong impression because of it.

When she started singing I was pretty sure that I heard her voice somewhere so I tried very hard to remember where, that I seemed to be in a trance for thinking very deeply, and because of that I didn't noticed that she was already finished singing and looking at me intently as if she's waiting for my approval, so I smiled and clapped my hand, but I’m still trying to recall where I have heard that voice.

 

Well it's Hyunnie's turn so I need to focus, heheheh I can’t help but to feel proud at her so I told her to show us her talent, Juhyun do really have a very nice voice that I sometimes call her at night and ask her to sing to me so that I could fall sleep. After Hyunnie’s performance I need to get ready because I'm up next.

 

As I walk to the center I felt very nervous like I’m facing a very strict jury, well I need to impress them because there are going to be my family for the rest of my career so I need to put up some very good impressions. After I asked my question all of them shouted their answer they seemed to be very energetic, and I liked that so when they asked me to show my talent I gave it my best. And the results were pretty good. They seemed to like it. After my performance Manager Oppa left us to get along with each other.

 

So when manager oppa left the door the girls immediately run to my side which caused me to fall on my seat luckily Jessica unnie was there to prevent my head to hit the floor.

 

“Gwaenchana?” she asked with her eyes full off concern.

 

“N-neh gomawo[Thank You], I guess I was surprised to see you girls in front of me that fast.”

 

“Hmm so I’ll introduce myself once again, I'm Jessica.”

 

“Manaseo bangap sumnida, watashi wa Yoona imnida,” yikes did I just spoke Japanese? I hope she won’t find me weird. {A/N: Nice to meet you, my name is Yoona… (the latter part is in Japanese and the former in Korean.)}

 

“Hahahah did you just introduce yourself in two language?” she amusingly asked me.

 

“uhhh yeah I guess I did.”

 

She must have something else to say but she was shoved behind by Sooyoung unnie.

 

“Waah Yoona-ssi you speak Japanese???” Sooyoung unnie asked me.

 

“Hai.” {yes}

 

“Then... ohayou. Watashi no namae wa Sooyoung desu. Hajime mashte.”

            {Hello. My name is Sooyoung. Nice to meet you.}

 

“Hajime mashte. Watashi no namae wa Yoona desu.”

            {Nice to meet you. My name is Yoona.}

 

“Yah, I also speak Japanese you know.” Jessica unnie shouts.

 

“Ah okay nice to know then.” Sooyoung unnie answered non-chalantly.

 

She seemed to tell to me something but she was shoved away by Yuri unnie.

 

“Annyeong haseyo Yoona-ssi naneun Yuri imnida.”

            {Hello, Yoona-ssi, I’m Yuri.}

 

“Ah neh, annyeong haseyo Yuri unnie, naeneun Yoona imnida, manaseo bangap sumnida.”

            {Ah yes, hello Yuri unnie, I am Yoona, nice to meet you.}

 

Okay... what's with the people today they have been pushing each other off, and yep as you could imagine, Yuri unnie was pushed off by the shorty Taeyeon unnie, unfortunately she was shoved off by Sunny unnie, who was also shoved off by Hyoyeon unnie, who was pushed away by Tiffany unnie. That’s weird they all seemed to be after me, I don’t mean to sound conceited but I think they’re they fighting over me.

 

(…….)

 

Nah..... I don’t think so; maybe I was just over thinking things.

 

“Yoona-ssi, I think you already knew my name so I don’t think any introduction is needed, but you can call me babe *winks*” Tiffany unnie stated.

 

“Eh???” that was all I could say, while scratching my nape.

 

            S-she can’t be flirting with me right?

 

“Aww you are so cuuute,” Tiffany unnie told me while pinching both of my cheeks.

 

“Awth, ungie, ith erths.” {Ouch, unnie, it hurts.}

 

“Yah Tiffany she said it hurts cut it out!” Jessica unnie told Tiffany unnie which she luckily obliged.

 

“That’s enough girls, first since we're a group lets elect a leader,” Taeyeon unnie said out of the blue.

 

            “All of a sudden?” Sooyoung unnie commented.

 

            “Well, she has a point since we are going to be an idol group a leader is necessary.” Sunny unnie noted.

 

“A-ah unnies, I have a suggestion for the leader,” Seohyun suddenly voiced out.

 

“Go on then,” Hyoyeon unnie urged.

 

“Why don’t we elect the eldest for the position, since being the leader includes, being able to discipline us, so it’s gonna be awkward if one of the younger kids would do it.” Hyunnie, explained very straight to the point.

 

“I see no point to argue with that statement, so shall we have a vote to make it official?” Sunny unnie commented.

 

“Since Taeyeon is the eldest shall we vote to make her our leader?” Sunny unnie continued.

 

All of us agreed to vote, officially making Taeyeon unnie as our leader.

 

“Well u-uhm, let’s cooperate with each other and please don’t make me so stressed with you guys. That’s all and thanks for giving me your trust.” Taeyeon unnie stated.

 

“So what shall we do now?” Jessica unnie asked.

 

“Hmm what about we make nicknames for everyone. Since we’re  gonna debut soon at least people would have something to remember us.” Taeyeon unnie stated.

 

“That sounds fun. Let’s do it, uhhh that is if you would agree unnies.” I commented.

 

“U-uhhh s-sure.” all of them answered.

 

Okay why are they stuttering?? Anyway I’ll bet this would be fun.

 

Jessica's POV

 

I don't like what I am seeing right now, nuh ah, not one bit. Why shouldn't I when all of the girls here are staring at Yoona as if they will devour her. I knew that it’s unavoidable especially when she's that gorgeous. But she was really cute when I was introducing myself to her and she answered me in two languages, plus she also reminded me of my best friend with how she answered.

 

Pshh the girls favored her too much, everything that she told them was approved immediately, but I don't blame them for that. I mean who can say no to an angel?

 

Since we are thinking of our nicknames we were quiet for a while, not until Taeyeon talked.

 

“Uhh girls what about we help each other think of nicknames since we are now a group. Shall we start with the eldest, or rather me? And you can talk informally to me.”

 

“How about leader since you are our leader.” Yuri said.

 

“Leader’s fine but I think it needs some more, something fun.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Oh I know how about the short leader?” Hyoyeon.

 

“Yah! Why would you make fun of my height?”

 

“Because it’s funny.” Hyoyeon answered bluntly.

 

“Ahm unnies I think I know what would be the most suited one.” Seohyun piped in.

 

“Okay what's in your mind?” Sunny asked.

 

“Well I was thinking of the kid leader.”

 

“Hmm not bad I think it would be great, since Taeyeon is kinda short and her attitude is somewhat kind of a kid.” Sunny remarked.

 

“So what about it girls, do you agree? I think it’s better than short leader.” Taeyeon.

 

“It’s not bad I guess we'll go with it.” Sooyoung and the rest of us agreed, probably since we can’t think anything else.

 

“So Taeyeon is the kid leader, who’s next?” Tiffany.

 

“Jessica's next.” Taeyeon answered, pointing at me.

 

 Well, I’m next I just hope it would not be anything ridiculous.

 

“How about scary Sica?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Grumpy Sica!” Yuri contributed.

 

What? Am I that scary??? And I'm not grumpy for goodness sake. I was about to retort when somebody shouted.

 

“ICE PRINCESS!”

 

All of us turned our heads to the source of the sound, which turns out to be Yoona.

 

“Ice princess?” all of us asked.

 

“W-well since she's beautiful like a princess and her eyes have icy cold stares, *she faced me* sorry Jessica unnie, that’s why I said ice princess. It's fine if you don't like it I’m just suggesting anyway.” She explained.

 

Hmm Ice princess it’s not bad plus she said I’m beautiful right? Hahahahaha.

 

“Ice princess, I like it how bout you Jessica-ssi? Since you’re going to the one using it.” Tiffany asked me.

 

“I like it, and it has a good ring to it. And please stop being so formal to me it feels like I’m more than my age. And Yoona, thank you for acknowledging my beauty.” I winked at her. Hmm a little flirting won’t be that bad.

 

“A-aah no problem I’m just stating the truth.” she answered bashfully. Aww she's so cute.

 

“But I’m more beautiful than her right?” Tiffany butted in. So I glared at her and she also returned the gesture to me. We would have glaring battle all day if Taeyeon didn't interrupt.

 

“Stop it girls, we're all beautiful in here. Anyway let's proceed. Who’s next?” Tch we have one conceited leader here.

 

“That would be me.” Sunny answered.

 

“What about danshin?” Hyoyeon. (trans: shorty)

 

“Yah!! As if you’re not a danshin yourself.” Sunny.

 

“Stop it. Anything but danshin. Any suggestion guys?” Taeyeon interrupted.

 

“Hahahah Taeyeon your just making them stop because you’re also affected right?” Sooyoung snickers.

 

“I think I’ll just go with energy pill. Since I think I’ll be able to energize everybody which is one of my hidden talents.” Sunny intercepted before Taeyeon starts to bicker with Sooyoung.

 

“Fine, lets proceed. Who’s next?” Taeyeon resignedly acknowledge.

 

“It’s Tiffany unnie.” Yoona answered.

 

“Oww you remembered me. I'm so touched.” Tiffany, while she was aiming to hug Yoona, but unlucky for her she tripped or more liked I tripped her. This caused her to be landed on her .

 

“Ouch, that hurts. Who tripped me?”

 

“I-I’m sorry unnie it’s my fault.” Seohyun answered winking at me. Oww she's really an angel…with the devil’s tail that is.

 

“Ah it’s fine don't worry.” Tiffany answered, it’s not like she can be angry at our maknae on the first day.

 

“Anyways, who have some suggestions there?” Yuri asked.

 

“Brifsjfigfgwbgwjfyrwr.” I heard Yoona mumbling something since I’m close to her.

 

“Hey guys I think Yoona has something!” before I could say anything Sooyoung beat me to it.

 

She sighed before facing us.

 

“Well I was just thinking that, since Fany-unnie has bright eye smiles, and has a sparkling beauty, what about brighter than the gems?” Yoona explained. Wait did she called her Fany unnie? She already has a nickname for Seohyun now she has one for Tiffany? Why I don't have any?

 

            Oh great, from being jealous to territorial and now being envious of a nickname? What have you done with me Im Yoona?

 

“Wow I like it! But wait Fany?” Tiffany, tch it’s obvious that she's enjoying this.

 

“A-ah yeah since your name is pretty long so I just called you Fany-unnie if you don't mind that is.” Yoona bashfully answered.

 

“Nah, no problem I like, no scratch that I love it.” Tiffany answered while showing her eye smiles.

 

Psssh I’m pissed right now, who wouldn't when your crush; (yes just crush since I’m already in love with someone else) has nicknames for almost everyone except you? Apparently someone sensed it so she nudged me, waking me up from my imagination on ways to kill Tiffany. I was about to send death glares to that person when I noticed that it was no other than Yoona.

 

“Sica-unnie gwaenchana? You looked distracted.” She whispered to me, voice filled with concern. Waah she called me Sica! Oh my gosh she have a nickname for me after all.

          

            Oh look I’m getting crazy! Great! Not.

 

“A-ah Yoona-ssi, yeah I’m fine I was just thinking something.” Well more like planning to murder someone but I’m still in my right mind so I won't tell her that.

 

“Ahh so that’s why I thought your murdering someone in your mind *chuckles*, and uhmm Sica-unnie, please speak comfortably with me, it’s awkward that an unnie is addressing me formally.” your actually right Yoongie, wait, what Yoongie? I think I should ask her if I could call her that after all she asked me to speak comfortably with her.

 

“So can I call you Yoongie?” please, please let me I want to have a nickname for you too.

 

“Sure if that's what you want.” she said to me while smiling. Oh my gosh I’m hyperventilating.

 

“And uhm Sica-unnie we should listen to Taeyeon-unnie, she's glaring at us now.”

 

Uhhh that midget, I 'm still enjoying that talk with Yoona how dare, she interrupt us.

 

“Since all of us agreed to Tiffany's nickname, we should proceed to the next one which I think is Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon.

 

“If it’s Hyoyeon, I think I have the perfect alias for her. And that is the dancing queen. How about it girls?” Sunny suggested.

 

“You know Sunny I was thinking the same thing, I have no objection to that since I was going to suggest it myself.” Hyoyeon.

 

“Then it’s settled. Let’s proceed.”

 

“It’s my turn! And I have the perfect one how about the goddess?” Yuri proudly announced.

 

Goddess? Seriously? Yuck it’s so gross. And besides I’m more of a goddess than her.” Tiffany commented in English. Which I think I’m the only one who understood besides for Tiffany of course.

 

I’m pretty sure they won't understand us so I joined Tiffany in bullying Yuri.

 

“I think so Tiff err I mean duh goddess? Who does she think she is Aphrodite?” I answered her.

 

“Yah what are you two talking about? Speak in Korean so we could understand you.” Yuri shouted. Which we ignored and continued to talk in English.

 

I think she's more of uhhm Medusa Jess.” Tiffany answered back.

 

I have to agree with that one hahahaha.” Since we thought that we're the only ones who understood it we pretty much enjoyed insulting her. Unfortunately our theory was proven wrong when someone laughed her off and also joined our insults to Yuri.

 

Hahahaha yeah well for me she's more like one of the furies you know the worst monsters of the underworld. And I thought you girls are trying to kill each other, but hey American kids are mostly brats, that they would have a truce with their enemy just to insult another.” Yoona interjected while smirking.

I don’t believe it since when did she knew how to speak English that well? I mean she's not stuttering nor thinking what to say next but she said those words fluently and her accent is not like those of Koreans but rather it has some British accent to it.

 

You speak English?” Tiffany asked dumbly.

 

I have no idea what you are talking about.” Yoona answered us playfully.

 

“You understand them unnie?” Seohyun asked Yoona.

 

“Yeah, I think I did Hyunnie, anyways Uhmm Yuri-unnie I don’t think it’s good to use the goddess as your nickname, since I know that not only those two will make fun of you, and also it’s rather cheap. How about the black pearl? Since pearls are one of the most treasured gems and black pearls are very rare, so when you put it together you’re like a rare gem. So how about it?” Yoona suggested while throwing insults and compliment at the same time with a straight face. Hahahaha I can't believe a cute girl like Yoona has some y side in her.

 

“It’s not bad, but uhm could you translate what they said earlier? No need to translate yours since I knew all of it was a compliment.” Yuri asked her. Pfft a compliment? You’re joking, if you just only knew what she said earlier.

 

“Uhmm Yuri-unnie I think it would be better if you ask them yourself.” Yoona.

 

“B-but I'm afraid of Jessica-ssi.”

“Well I think, it’s understandable, you know I’m afraid of her too.” Yoona whispered to Yuri. This was unfortunately loud enough for me to hear.

 

What? She's afraid of me too? Now my impression is shattered. This won't do, I need to make a really good impression, but not now. Many chances will come later.

 

“Sooyoung-unnie gwaenchana? Your nose is bleeding!” Seohyun frantically shouted, which made us turn our heads toward Sooyoung.

 

“Y-yeah. I'm fine.” Sooyoung answered while pinching her nose.

 

“You're not bleeding because, those three conversed in English right?” Sunny asked with an eyebrow raised.

 

“W-what of course not. I’m not that weak you know.” Sooyoung denied, pfft if I know it’s really because of what Sunny has said.

 

Are you sure about that Sooyoung?” Tiffany questioned Sooyoung, which made Sooyoung somewhat dizzy.

 

“Stop that Tiffany she might die of blood loss, anyways its Sooyoung's turn. Who got ideas?” Taeyeon admonished Tiffany, while smirking nonetheless.

 

“SHIKSHIN!” Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon said together.

 

“Okay that’s settled Shikshin it its. Next!” Taeyeon approved quickly, wow they are not that impatient are they.

 

“It’s Yoona unnie's turn.” Answered Seohyun.

 

            “Aphrodite? How bout it?” Sunny suggested at once.

 

            “Uh unnie, t-that’s too much I guess?” Yoona interjected.

 

            “But you’re really pretty Yoona-ya.” Sunny countered.

 

            “Still…” Yoona

 

“Prettier than the flowers, how 'bout it?” Taeyeon.

 

“I guess that would be fine.” Yoona agreed while blushing. I guess she’s not narcissistic about her beauty.

 

“Lastly it’s Seohyun’s turn. Since she's the maknae, how about maknae?” Sunny.

 

“That’s fine. So we're now finished what do you want to do next?” Taeyeon.

 

“EAT! /SLEEP!” Sooyoung and Yoona shouted for eating, while I shouted for sleeping. Which earned me curious looks.

 

“What I’m sleepy so I want to sleep.”

 

“Any more ideas?” Taeyeon asked again as if nothing happened.

 

“I do. How about we go down to the cafeteria then let’s continue our talk while eating there?” Tiffany suggested.

 

“That’s good so everyone agrees?” Taeyeon.

 

“NEH!” all of them shouted except for me.

 

“I don’t.” I said stubbornly, I really want to sleep at the moment.

 

“But Sica-unnie it’s our first time meeting, we should get to know each other more. Don't you think so?” Yoona reasoned out. If it was anybody else I would definitely lash out however, if it’s her, I don't think I have the guts to say no. So of course I agreed.

 

“I guess so.” I just answered                                                           .

 

“Yeah! Assa! Unnie lets go my foods are waiting for me.” She cheered while fist pumping in the air.

 

“OMO! Yoona you’re so cute.” Tiffany gushed out. Tch such a flirt.

 

I know right *wink*.” Yoona answered cheekily, leaving Tiffany stunned.

 

And just for that wink, I really wanted to rip Tiffany's head off if it wasn't for the fact that Yoona linked her arm with mine while dragging me downstairs. *sigh* the woes of a jealous woman.

However, her linking arms with me, made me really surprised. I only know of one person that has the guts to do that to me within the first meeting. Which was understandable since everyone else is avoiding me because of my attitude.

‘Stop thinking about it Jessica! You left remember?’ I thought to myself.

 

“Sica-unnie, gwaenchana?” Yoona asked me waking me up from my stupor. “You really like spacing out don't you?” she teased.

 

“Huh? Ah, yes I’m fine, but I'm just curious. Why did you link your arms with me?” I asked her, the other part of me curious, the other hoping.

Hoping for some miracle that she might provide.

 

“Eh? Why are you not comfortable?” she asked me back, loosening her hold.

 

“Aniyo! It’s just that you’re the second one to be comfortable around me despite our first meeting.” Yeah as what I have said earlier she's the second person to do this to me. According to some of my friends our first meeting is always scary to say the least.

 

“Huh? Why do say so?” she asked stopping in her tracks.

 

“Well, people mostly have the impression that I’m a cold girl per se, so they don’t usually get friendly with me after the first meeting. Despite that there is someone who ignored that facade of mine and befriended me the first time we met.”

Unfortunately the person I’m referring to hates me now.

 

“Ooh so that’s why. Actually you reminded me of someone. And also you’re not that cold like how a person describes you. You helped me earlier remember? That immediately dissolved my bad impression of you.” She explained making me smile.

Though what she said about reminding her of someone left an impression. So I’m not the only one who thinks about that.

 

“Yoona and Jessica, get your butts in here, fast! Sooyoung looks like she could already eat a horse here!” Taeyeon shouted which made Yoona dash to their table as fast as she can while dragging me.

 

“Finally, what took you so long to get here?” Yuri asked impatiently, tapping her left foot.

 

“We were just chatting; anyway have you guys ordered food already?” Yoona asked glancing at the table.

 

“Not yet we were waiting for you.” Sunny answered, inspecting her nails. Is she bored already?

 

“Stop talking, start ordering.” Sooyoung interrupted, glaring at the line forming at the counter. She’s probably thinking of ways how to make them go faster or better yet, cheat her way through.

 

“I guess I need to go to the counter now, Yoona, Sooyoung, could you accompany me?” Taeyeon, asked for the two girls who seems to be the hungriest and could carry the trays.

 

“Sure, any orders for you girls?” Yoona asked, craning her neck to see the menu for the day.

 

“Anything's fine.” we answered collectively.

 

With that the girls went to the counter to order for us. Fifteen minutes later they brought back a push cart with I think over ten trays.

 

“What is this? Yah Kim Taeyeon did you let this girls choose what they want?” Sunny shouted at them as soon as they came back.

 

“It’s not my fault! These two shikshins here insisted that we should get all the food available.” Taeyeon retorted while pointing her finger towards Yoona and Sooyoung.

 

“C’mon guys you should be happy you have variety of foods to choose from.” Yuri said while eyeing the foods with sparkling eyes. Don’t tell me she’s another shikshin?

 

“That’s not the point you know. I mean these foods are not for free who will pay for this? I’m only paying what I’ve eaten.” Hyoyeon pointed out. Well she has a point those are not for free and judging from the food that they took, it must cost a lot.

 

“Actually unnies all of this are for free. So~~” Yoona answered, but was miserably interrupted when she mentioned the word free.

 

“FOR FREE?” all of us shouted.

 

“Yah Yoona what do you mean for free?” Sooyoung asked surprised.

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung! Don’t you know what happened?” Sunny asked angrily.

 

            “Hey! I was busy filling the trays with food you know!” Sooyoung answered back, seemingly convinced that her argument is valid.

 

“Uhh Sooyung unnie, for free means, no charge and we could get all we want. That’s why we took so many in the first place.” Yoong answered Sooyoung as if explaining to a child patiently. Pffft, this girl is so funny; she might just do great in the acting industry.

 

“I know what free means pabo(idiot) , I mean how did it became for free I thought you’re the one who’s gonna pay for all of this.” Sooyoung retorted. Really, can’t she be more childish?

 Then again, Yoona was supposed to be paying for our food? Seriously we have nine people, that means it would take a lot of food and money. If that was the case, then I could say that it’s a good thing that all of these are for free.

 

“Well I was really gonna pay for it, but when I arrived at the counter and asked for the price, the ahjumma (a middle aged lady)  told me that all of them is for free.” Yoona explained gesturing to the lady at the counter.

 

“Jinjja? You mean we could eat whatever we like?” Hyoyeon confirmed with her eyes twinkling. I thought she was against the idea of too much food, then again free foods taste much better than paid ones.

 

“In a way yes you could but we need to finish this first if you wanted some more we could just order again.” Yoona said while taking her tray and sat down.

 

“Whoa seriously? That ahjumma is known for being strict and grumpy but she just gave you all of this for free? Now that’s unbelievable.” Taeyeon said in awe, and took her tray.

 I have to agree with Taeyeon that ahjumma’s attitude is no joke, I say my attitude’s bad but hers is on another level. And to think she gave all of this for free to Yoona proves that, the doe-eyed girl is really something.

 

“Well it’s true you know? If you don’t believe me you could ask her if you want.” Yoona replied, waving her spoon.

 

“We trust you all right, it’s just unbelievable. Anyway if you say we could eat what we want then what we are waiting for lets dig in.” Tiffany said placing her tray in front of her.

 

“Tiffany’s right we should start eating, I’m really famished.” Sooyoung agreed. Now that Sooyoung mentioned it I’m a little hungry myself. And I think all of us are when everybody started to get their chosen tray.

 

All of us are too focused on eating that we didn’t talk with each other. Not until someone’s phone rang, disrupting the quiet atmosphere.

 

“Whose phone is that?” Sunny asked.

 

“Whoever is the owner of that phone please, answer it already. I wanna eat peacefully.” Yuri said munching on her kimchi.

 

“Yoona-unnie your phone’s ringing.” Seohyun nudged Yoona, which is still focused in eating.

 

“Huh? My phone? Lemme check *gasps* omo ah unnies mianhe I need to take this one.” Yoong told us looking surprised. Hmm I wonder if there’s a problem.

 

“Ah sure go ahead it may be an emergency.” Taeyeon.

 

“Neh, I’m sorry again.” Yoona answered Taeyeon while apologizing to us.

 

I really think there’s a problem; I guess I’ll follow her, just in case. I know I’m being nosy but I just can’t help it, I guess I wanted to know everything about Im Yoona.

 

“Excuse me I need to go to the restroom.” I excused myself to them.

 

Since everyone is busy eating they just nodded at me. I started searching for Yoongie, luckily I found her shortly.

 

Hello? Yes it’s me what do you want? ... Oh really I’m in Korea right now so I can’t. … Yeah …..  I guess it’s a shame though…… Yeah well see yah….. Hmm yeah bye….. Hahahahaha yeah I love you too.

 

            ‘I love you’ huh? I guess she has a boyfriend? But goddamn it, why do I feel so affected? I mean, I just met her, and I’m in love with somebody else for Pete’s sake.

 

Spacing out, I didn’t notice that she’s already gone. So I went back to our table, and found her eating. Hmmm I guess I need to ask her if she has a boyfriend, or I might not be able to sleep tonight.

 

“Ahh guys, I want to ask you something. Is anyone of you in a relationship right now?” I decided to ask all of them to avoid suspicion.

 

“Huh? Why do you ask?” as expected they would ask this.

 

“Well because we’re going to be a team now won’t we? And the only thing we know about each other is our name birthday and age, so I thought that we would start to get to know each other.” I told them which is partly true. So I guess I’m not lying after all.

 

“I gotta agree with you, hmm well for me I have never been in a relationship since birth.” Sooyoung answered first. Hah as I thought they caught the bait.

 

“Seriously you never had a relationship? As for me I have none currently but I had two boyfriends before.” Sunny followed suit.

 

“What is wrong with having no relationships since birth? I’m on the same page as Sooyoung on this you know.” Yuri answered defensively.

 

“Ow c’mon guys, you haven’t experienced the feeling of being in a relationship? I feel bad for you. Well same as Sunny here I have none currently but I think I had 10 before.” Tiffany said, and for some reason I am not surprised.

 

“What? Seriously? 10? Waaah Tipani, your jjang! So far I have none but I wanna find someone soon.” Hyoyeon commented.

 

“Good for you then but Hyoyeon its Tiffany not Tipani arasso? What about the rest of you girls?” Tiffany countered Hyoyeon and asked the rest. Duh their Koreans so obviously that would be their pronunciation.

 

“I never had one.” Taeyeon answered while still munching.

 

“Me too.” Seohyun answered, well I’m not surprised. She’s too innocent to have one.

 

“Well what about you Jessica?” Sunny asked me.

 

“Me? Hmm I never had one, but I do have my first love.” I answered. Now that I think about it, I remembered it was love at first sight. Way to contradict my earlier self ‘ey?

 I wonder how she is now. Yeah, it’s a she; I’m a closet gay so figures.

 

“You mean unrequited love? Aww it must be hard.” Tiffany commented. Hmmp, for some reason I feel that she’s mocking me, but I gotta agree with here it was so hard keeping my feelings for her.

 

“Yeah kinda, but I endured it well. Enough about me, what about you Yoong?” I asked her naturally; for all intents and purposes I started questioning the girls for this chance. But I guess she’s not paying attention to us.

 

“Huh? What about me?” she answered obviously clueless.

 

“Unnie we were talking about our relationship if ever we have one or not. We have all finished sharing so now it’s your turn.” Seohyun explained to Yoona.

 

“Ah jinjja? Hehehe mianhe, I haven’t heard all of it.” She answered while scratching her nape, aww even though I’m disappointed with her I can’t help but to say she’s cute.

 

“Well as a compensation I’m gonna reveal my love life, you can ask me anything when I’m done.” All of us were preparing to listen to her. And for some reason I hope there’s none.

One reason is that we are going to debut soon so a boyfriend is just a hassle… which is just a nonsense idea I thought just to distract myself.

 

“okay, as for me I never had a boyfriend, but I had one uh I don’t know if this could be considered as a relationship, but I have once been paired up with someone and we were acting sweet and cheesy with each other like were a couple or something.” Ehh? So she doesn’t have a boyfriend. Hah I could sing! But what does she mean about having a couple? And who did she told her ‘I love you’ earlier?

            Questions, question. I wonder if I could have the answers.

 

“What do you mean about having a couple but not being in a relationship? I’m confused could you explain further?” Hyoyeon asked, voicing my questions.

 

“Well, how should I say this, during my middle school days, I have been casted as the lead actress for a school play. However during the middle of our preparation, the lead actor backed out for some unknown reasons. It was a total chaos because no one wanted the role, until someone asked if he could do it. After that the rest is history, the play was successful and you could say we became the most popular couple of that year. We even won the~”

 

“Most influential couple of the year.” I finished for her. Oh my God, this can’t be true. She can’t be. No wonder I’m feeling all this emotions.

Hah! Good job fate! You played us well

 

“Yeah, we won that. How did you know unnie?” she asked me. Looking very curious, crap I need to think of something.

 

“W-well you said that you became the most popular couple, so I just guessed. Uhm e-excuse me I-I need to go to the w-wash room.” I managed to tell them without breaking down. After that I ran to the wash room.

 

This can’t be. Why is she here? How come I did not recognize her right away? How should I treat her now? What the heck happened to my best friend and what is she doing here? What should I d~

 

*knocks on door*

 

“Unnie? Are you okay? You’ve been there for 20 minutes.” Yoona called out to me. Why did she follow me here? Did she realized something?

More importantly 20 minutes? Oh god have I been panicking for that long?

 

“Yeah I’m good! Is there a problem?” I managed to answer her, thanking all the Saints that I didn’t stutter.

 

“Manager oppa is back. He said to gather to the practice room already.” She answered back calmly. Thank God, I thought she noticed something.

 

“I’m coming.” I then fixed myself, hoping that my panic earlier would go unnoticed.

 

“I’ll wait for you here.”

 

After I prepared myself for an upcoming war of my inner thoughts and feelings, I went out of the washroom and saw Yoona leaning on the wall.

Hmm now that I take a closer look at her there is some resemblance between them. The way she walk and her stature is exactly the same. I was busy observing her when she suddenly turned around and faced me.

 

 “Unnie are you checking me out?” Yoona asked bluntly, which caught me off guard.

 

W-what are you talking about? I am not checking you out.” Fudge how did she know that? I’m pretty sure that she I am facing her back she can’t have eyes on her ~

 

I saw you staring at my back.” She told me while pointing at the glass panel that reflects our image. Shoot I’m busted how could I escape this?

 

I-I was I-I uhm. I was thinking of something. That’s why I am staring at your back. Yeah I was thinking of something.” Crap, kill me now; I look like a fool here. Goodness gracious Jessica! Can’t you think of something decent?

 

If you say so. *chuckles* Anyway were here.” She told me and opened the door.

 

Ugh by the way, why are we speaking in English?” I asked her before I enter the door. She’s always the gentlewoman, putting others before herself.

 

Well because, were walking in the lobby and if by chance anyone heard that your checking me out it would be not good.” Well she has a point. But why is she bringing up this again?

 

I am not checking you out!” geez how could I get her to avoid this topic?

 

“Oy! You two hurry up, manager oppa is waiting.” Taeyeon shouted, which I hope diverted Yoona’s attention.

 

“Neh unnie, were coming! Well unnie which is not checking me out but thinking while staring at my back, let’s go.” Ugh right, I knew she wouldn’t let go this easily.

 

“Since your all here. Here is your schedule for the whole month. That’s all for today, you could now go home and come back here first thing in the morning. Take care girls.” Manager oppa told us as he hand out papers.

 

“Bye manager oppa!” We answered back.

 

“So unnies, I’m going first. I need to meet up with someone. Bye!” Yoona told us after manager oppa went out the door.

 

“If that’s the case let’s all head home and have a good rest.” Taeyeon finally decided.

 

End of Flashback

 

*Present*

 

Nobody’s POV

 

“Hey lovebirds get your asses here to practice we still have a comeback to prepare.” Taeyeon shouted at the two which was busy reminiscing what happened that time when they first met each other after a long time.

 

“Aish this danshin still interrupting us.” Jessica mumbled while walking to where the rest of the girls are.

 

TBC

 

Okay so I lied i was supposed to post this edit like 2 days ago.

 I actually hoped to finish editing chapter 1, 4 HOURS AFTER MY LAST UPDATE, however here we are! Aren’t I amazing?

Atleast i have done my promise.

P.S. I changed and deleted a lot of things right?

PPS: Keep safe guys!

Hikaru^^