I Am Smiling

Please Start to Smile Again

Yoongi’s POV

 

It’s feels good to be at home again. I’m not smelling like hospital anymore and don’t need to lie on the bed all the time. Here at home I can do what I want especially watching anime anytime and without any boundary. Next week I have to go there again to check if my leg is heal or not and if nothing complicated occur they will uncast my leg. 

My boss gave me one month holidays but I need to cover back all of my absence day by working overtime. It’s okay since I only have to make more delivery than before. Being a delivery man for a pizza restaurant is fun sometimes because I get to breathe fresh air everytime I’m riding my motorcycle to deliver the pizza.

“Yoongi-hyung, I’ll pick you up tonight at 8.00 pm. I need to go work now. See you tonight.”

“Well okay. See you later.”

Tonight we are having a birthday party for J-hope since today is his birthday. I’ll never know about it if his friend doesn’t invite us to his party. Can he has a party in that condition? He can’t even stand not to mention walking. What shall I give to him as a birthday present? I’m broke to buy him anything expensive and I can’t go out now to buy him one.

“Or should I let him be my friend? Hmm that could be his best present. But I’m already his friend. Oh well let make it official tonight.”

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Jimin’s POV

 

“Hobi-hyung, we are here. Are you ready?”

“Are you kidding me? Of course I am.”

“Good, I bring your favourite snack. HONEY BBQ POTATO CHIP.”

“Excellent.”

He raised his thumb to me and smiling happily. I need to smile too even if I have to pretend it. Last year, when Hobi-hyung first time hospitalised because of leukaemia, me including Taehyung and Jungkook can’t stop crying in front of him. I can’t stand to see his condition at that time. He needs to lie on the bed all the time and having difficulty to speak but he never even once to stop smiling.

I really hate seeing him smiling like that because I can’t understand why he still can be happy at that time. But one sentence from him back then realised me.

“Jimin-ah, Taehyung-ah, Jungkook-ah, please stop crying. Crying won’t make it better. You should smile like what I always do. Please smile for me as I want to remember your happy face not your sad face.”

“But hyung, why are this happening to you? It’s not fair.”

“I know but I want to die in believing that you all are smiling because of me. I don’t want to die while regretting because I make you all sad.”

“Okay, hyung.”

“And remember if I couldn’t make it during surgery, please don’t cry at my funeral but I want you to smile at me.”

I really want to cry badly after hearing that but seeing Taehyung smiling with the brightest smile ever to him halted me from crying. I smile at him hoping he will be okay. Yes, thanks god he is fine and healthy again. But his cancer comes back and his condition is worst that previous. Doctor said that Hobi-hyung immune system is too weak now and having difficulty to fight the cancer cell.

Hobi-hyung becomes more happy and cheerful after meeting Suga-hyung. I really feel grateful to Suga-hyung because he becomes Hobi-hyung company when we are not at the hospital. Hobi-hyung really hates a person who doesn’t smile that’s why he wants Suga-hyung to smile.

“Jimin, where are Taehyung and Jungkook?”

“They are at rooftop now preparing for your party.”

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

J-hope’s POV

 

Everyone is at rooftop now celebrating my birthday. This is my best birthday ever. Everyone is here, my mom, my dad, my noona, my boys, Suga, Rapmon and Jin-hyung. I don’t know if I managed to celebrate my birthday like this again next year but I’m really happy now.

“What are you thinking now?”

“Nothing. I’m just so happy right now.”

“Urr umm J-hope, lets officially be friend now.”

He holds his hand out for me while looking down hiding his embarrassed face. Officially? I thought we are already friend? To tell the truth he never once said that he want to be my friend. Maybe he wants to officially accept my friend request now. I take his hand and we shaked our hand.

“Okay, we are friend now. Officially.”

“Yeah.”

“So, how Jin-hyung and Rapmon can be your friend? Honestly, I can’t find relevant fact about how you met them.”

“It’s kind of funny story. I’m student council at school full with responsibility while Rapmon is smart delinquent and Jin-hyung is the flower boy in our school. One day, I skipped class and decided to go to rooftop. That day I really are too lazy to be a good student. But what I don’t know is rooftop Rapmon used rooftop as his territory. I thought he will hit me because I’ve trespassed his place but no I’m wrong. He allowed me because he said that sometimes we can take a rest from being someone else. After that we become friend. Jin-hyung happened to use rooftop one day as his hiding place from girls never stops chasing him. Then, we all become friend. We know every single secret about each other because we shared lots of thing on the rooftop.”

“It’s good to have friend who knows everything about us but still stay with us.”

“Yeah. How about you? How you meet them?”

They are my childhood friend. My apartment is in between V and Jungkook apartment. I moved to their apartment complex when I’m 8 years old and V approached me the first day I’m there by offering his hand to help me carry my thing into my room. After finished moving in my thing, he invited me to play with his friends which are Jungkook and Jimin. Jimin lived one floor above and will come down to play with them every evening. We fight for more than thousand times but never fail to reconcile again.

“Don’t get me wrong but your friends really the weirdo one. Look at them now are trying to re-enact a movie scene. Can’t they eat that cake like how normal people do?”

“HaHaHa I know but that’s how special they are to me.”

“Yeah, I know that feeling. Rapmon still special to me even of his clumsiness nearly set me to death.”

“You are special to me too. Thank you for willing to be my friend”

“Me too.”

He smiles to me while saying that. HE SMILES TO ME. He really can smiles and I think I can rest in peace after this since my wish is fulfil. There will be no regret anymore in my life.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Yoongi’s POV

 

V messaged me telling that J-hope want to see me. I’m at my workplace now and will visit him tonight. I replied that to him and he messaged back saying that J-hope doesn’t have much time left and he reminded me to smile when I meet him later. V-ah don’t worry I will.

Now, I’ve finished my work and am heading to hospital now. I’m curious why J-hope want to meet me today.

“Hi, what are you doing?”

“Nothing. Good to see you hyung.”

“Hyung?”

“Yes. Hyung! Because I never call you hyung before.”

“It’s okay.”

“Uhh hyung, can you do me a favour?”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Please, start to smile again. I’m sure YeEun will be happy when you smile again.”

“You know YeEun?”

“Yes, Jin-hyung tells me about her. Don’t worry hyung, I’ll tell her that you are living fine now when I meet her later.”

He still can joke right now in his worsen condition.

“Can you identify which one is she?”

“I can. Jin-hyung said that she is very cute and cute girl can’t leave my eyes.”

“Okay, when you see her tell her that I love her so much and will always remember her in my heart.”

“Yes I will. Just promise me to smile. Always.”

That is the last word from him to me.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Now, I’m standing in the funeral room looking at his picture, his smiling face. I’m proud to say that not one single of tear drop out from my eyes. I smiled at him, really smiling honestly at him. V, jimin and Jungkook are standing on my right while Rapmon and Jin-hyung are at my left. They also are smiling at him.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Hob-ah, I hope you can find YeEun there and please tell her I’m okay now and will smile again for her. I smile for you too J-hope.” – Suga

“Hobi-hyung, we love you. Always and forever. We don’t cry like you told us to.” – V, Jimin and Jungkook

“J-hope, it’s a good opportunity for us to meet you and thank you for always smiling at us.” – Rapmon and Jin.