We Are Friend

Please Start to Smile Again

Yoongi’s POV

 

“Hello, good morning.”

“Uh good morning. What are you doing here?”

I’m in the middle of eating my breakfast when J-hope greeted me. I really don’t like it when someone is disturbing my meal but couldn’t bring myself to chase him out from here.

“To see you.”

“Well you see me now. I’m fine. You can go now.”

“I bring some manga for you and it’s so good I tell you.”

How can he know I like reading manga? Of course he knows. Any boy will like to read manga and you’re not truly a boy if you hate or don’t read manga. My favourite one is One Piece and I really like Monkey D. Luffy. He is so cool when he can stretch his body like rubber. That scene when Luffy picks his hat up after finishing his training when he is taken to the Island of women after the great war. That scene left so much impact on me.

“What kind of manga you bring here?”

“Here, take a look.”

“Hanazakarino Kimitachihe? Hana Yori Dango?”

A love story? He reads a love story manga? Oh my, what a boy. Never in my life to read a love story or watching a romance drama on tv. It’s not a boy thing to read romance except for Rapmon. He really practice the romance scene in the manga to his girlfriend like kissing her under the rain or under a cherry blossom. If I have a girlfriend, we will lie in my room listening to my favourite music while cuddling with each other. That’s the real meaning of romantic.

“You read a love story? What are you? A girl?”

“What? A boy can’t read a love story?”

“Yes, of course. Only girl likes love story and will complain if her boy is not romantic like in the story.”

“I’m a boy and I like love story too. So what does it make me?”

“I don’t know. You name yourself.”

I can’t believe it right now I’m arguing about love story with a boy. A BOY. This boy is so talkative, once he talks, he never end it. He started to summarize his favourite manga which is Hana Yori Dango. I think I wouldn’t need to read it as he is telling me the whole story now. Oh my god, how can someone like this exist? Can someone please shut his mouth?

“Yah STOP. You’re talking about this manga for two hours already. I’m sick of it.”

“What? Two hours already. Wow I don’t realised it. Why don’t you stopping me? I’m sorry.”

“I can’t since you wouldn’t let me speak.”

“Oh I’m sorry.”

“Jung Hoseok, here you are. You need to go back to your room because it’s your medicine time now.”

A nurse called his name to tell him it’s his medicine time now. This nurse is so friendly to him. It’s like they have known each other for a long time already. But it’s natural for a nurse to be friendly to her patient since they will need to see her everyday while staying in this hospital.

“I need to go. I’ll see you again tomorrow. Bye Suga.”

Ahh I forgot to ask about him. Why he is staying in this hospital? I don’t see any injury on him? I guess he is not injured from accident like me. If he has a chronic disease, he will not be able to walk freely like he is now. I wonder what his illness is.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

J-hope’s POV

 

“Gooooood Moooorniiiingggggg”

“It’s you again.”

“What? You are not happy to see me again?”

I faked my tears now while giving my best sad face to him. I know he is just joking but his words sharper than a knife sometimes. Today is the second day I’m visiting him and he is not as awkward as yesterday. It’s a good progress I hope. I really hope that we can spend more time together today because yesterday is not enough for me.

“Don’t be so dramatic. What is that?”

“Oh, this is my favourite movie.”

Today, I bring him my favourite movie. Of course it’s going to be romance because I like love story more than other genre. I do prefer others genre like horror or comedy but romance is the top in my list. I know he doesn’t like romance but who cares. He has to watch it by hook or by crook.

“Don’t tell me it’s romance.”

“Of course it is and you aren’t giving me any excuse to not watch it.”

“Arghh.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

We are watching our second movie when someone with really broad shoulder coming into Suga room. Suga’s brother? But they don’t resemble each other? A friend maybe.

“Urrr hi. I don’t know you have a friend with you now. I thought you are alone and here I bring you some snack.”

“Sorry for not introducing myself. I’m J-hope. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Jin, his friend and his housemate. Nice to meet you too. J-hope? What a unique name.”

Oh he has another friend. This one is Jin and the other one is Rapmon. Both are so tall and have model-like body but Suga just a normal one and a little bit shorter than his friends. Jin is so handsome and I bet every girl will fall for him.

I do have a unique name. It’s not my real name but I like when someone calls me J-hope. My mother said that I’m her hope and she is so happy when she gave birth to me. My teacher also said that my smile gives hope to her and she wants me to always smile. That’s why I named myself J-hope, someone who is giving his hope to everyone.

“I can see that. Your smile really is the brightest I’ve ever seen. Want to know something?”

 “Yes, what?”

“We called him Suga because his smile is so sweet like sugar but this Suga is a rare one. You’re going to see his smile everyday unless he is so happy. You know he only smile twice in this year. Once when he got his job and second when he got his first payment.”

He is so different with me. He only smiles twice in this year while I smile like everyday. No wonder his face looks grumpy all the time. He really needs to smile often.

“Hyung, stop it. It’s not that I can’t smile but I choose not to smile.”

“Oh my god, I forgot to ask you something?”

“What?”

“What happen to you? Why did you break your leg?”

Suddenly I remember to ask him about his injury. I really want to ask about his cast foot the moment I see him but forgot about it later on. After I ask that, Jin-hyung start to laugh and Suga is frowning at him.

“It’s a funny story actually.”

“No, it’s not.”

“What? What? Please tell me about it.”

“Actually it’s happened because of Rapmon. Do you know Rapmon?”

“Yes, I’ve met him before.”

Jin tells me that Rapmon is so clumsy. He will break everything in his hand. Once he breaks a chair he sits on. All he does is sitting on that chair and like magic the chair broke its leg by its own. Another funny story about him is when one day he got his payment and not spending any minute to go buy his long-time crush black sunglass. But the moment that glass is on his face, the sunglass break into two. Rapmon is in the sad mood for a week after that.

“Two weeks ago, Rapmon wants to learn how to ride a motorcycle. Since only Suga knows how to operate a motorcycles because I’m not good with it since I’m only drive a car.”

“I don’t want to but he begged me to help him and I swear to never helps him again. I couldn’t afford to risk my life again for him.”

“Let me finish my story. Then Suga taught him how to ride it by showing him from A to Z. I know he didn’t listen at all. After that Suga told him to try riding it alone. He rode it. I don’t know maybe because of panicking he speed up and we told him to stop. All he do is jumping out from the motorcycle and bamm that motorcycle is on top Suga.  On his leg accurately.”

“Yup that’s how I got this cast.”

“But the funny part is Suga can’t stop swearing at Rapmon even if he is in pain at that time.”

I don’t know Rapmon can be this clumsy. That’s explained why his plastic bag full with his drinks is tearing that day when I found him on lobby picking up his drink. That plastic bag is sure thick enough to support the heavy load and can’t be tearing up easily while the bottles of drink do not have anything sharp around it.

“J-hope, are you okay?”

“Yes I am. Why?”

“Your nose is bleeding now.”