His Love Story

Please Start to Smile Again

Jin’s POV

 

“Hyung, stop it. It’s not that I can’t smile but I choose not to smile.”

I know he choose not to smile anymore after what has happened to YeEun. She is his one and only one girlfriend in his twenty three years life. She is a very lovely girl and Suga loves her so much. He smiles a lot and it’s because he is happy. Yes, he is very happy having YeEun in his life. Ye Eun is very cute girl with a friendly attitude. He loves her at the first sight. I still remember him saying that he saw a glowing girl sitting on a bench in the park.

Actually she is friend with Rapmon’s girlfriend and that’s how they get to know each other. A simple friendly relationship turned to love relationship when YeEun accept Suga as her boyfriend. They are a happy and loving couple for one and half year when one day YeEun is hospitalised for a very high fever.

After that everything is changing in their life. YeEun was diagnosed with leukaemia and nothing can help her since it’s already at the worst part. The doctor said that her leukaemia will grow quickly if not treated but the cancer has damaged half of her bone narrow and has moved to other parts of body. Its Acute myeloid Leukaemia in which a cancer that can starts in the cell that are supposed to mature into different types of blood cells.

Her condition worsens everyday. YeEun start to vomit often and has bleeding in her nose two to three times a day. Her long straight hait start to fall and she need to wear a cap to cover her head. Her cute face becomes paler day by day and her body skinnier than before. It’s torturing Suga to see his girlfriend suffering like that.

It’s hurting to see him crying alone after he visited her at the hospital everyday. He hold all of his tear in front of her but burst it out once he is outside. YeEun never once crying, she smiles lovingly at him assuring that she is okay. One day, while smiling YeEun asked Suga to stop coming to see her because she doesn’t want Suga to see her in dying state.

He obliged to her request and stop seeing her the next day until her parent informed him that YeEun is not breathing anymore. Suga didn’t go to see her at her funeral afraid that he will cry there when he has promised YeEun not to cry because of her. After that he carry on living but stopping himself from smiling like before.

“J-hope, are you okay?”

“Yes I am. Why?”

“Your nose is bleeding now.”

“Oh it’s nothing. It happened to me a lot.”

“Can I ask you why you are in this hospital?”

“Oh I admitted in here because of high fever. Well actually my leukaemia is back after five month free without it.”

Leukaemia? Oh my god. What a twisted plot in our life. I can see Suga shocking face when his eyes grow bigger and his pale face become paler than usual. I’m sure this will bring YeEun memory back.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Suga’s POV

 

“What do you mean by that?”

“Last year, I’ve been diagnosed with leukaemia last two years and has been hospitalised for about five month last year because my condition start to become worse. I have bad fever and can get bruise easily. The doctor said that I need a stem cell donor to replace my damaged one. Since I have same blood with my noona, so doctor collects her stem cell and transplant it to me. The surgery succeeds and I can live like normal again.”

If he can survive then why YeEun can’t? Did she also need a stem cell donor? I know nothing about this disease as I don’t want to burden myself thinking about it. Doctor said that YeEun leukaemia is the type that don’t have major symptom except for high fever or vomiting and this type of cancer grow quickly than other type. I know her immune system is too weak to fight the cancer.

She needs chemotherapy to help her fight the cancer but she refused to take it after some time because she is sick of it. She sick of depending her life on it while this cancer keeps spreading wildly in her body.

“Then why did it come back?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because I’m stopping my chemotherapy after I thought my leukaemia is cured. I really hate swallowing different type and size of pills three times a day. I can’t eat whatever I want and need to control my eating habit.”

“Are you okay now?”

Jin-hyung ask him that question. I also really want to know because I know his condition is not so good nowadays. Now I know why he is wearing that cap everyday as he wants to hide his head.

“I don’t know. Doctor told me to always take my pills but I do feel tired from day to day. Oh I need to go now or the nurse will scold me again for disappearing again. Okay see you again tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

“But before I go out, when will you be discharge?”

“In two days.”

Yes, I will be discharge in two days. I’ve been in this hospital for two weeks already and really hope to get out from here sooner. I miss my bed already and I miss my manga at home.

“I hope he will be okay.”

“Yeah. I hope the same, hyung.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Today I’ll be discharge from hospital and Rapmon with Jin-hyung is helping me settle everything here now. I don’t need to use my money to pay for hospital fee since Rapmon is willing to use his money to settle it. He should since he makes me like this. It’s evening already but I don’t see any trace of J-hope today and yesterday too.

It’s not because I miss him or anything but it feel weird to not see him for two days when he promised to come visit me again. Is he okay? I hope he is okay because now I started to like his smile. He really makes me to want to smile again but I still can bring myself to do it.

“Err Hyung, can we go and visit J-hope before we’re heading home?”

“Sure, do you where his room is?”

“I don’t know. Never ask him.”

“Yoongi, Yoongi-hyung, what a stupid man. At least I know where his room is.”

“YAH. Don’t call me that. I just don’t have chance to ask him.”

Well actually, it is because I don’t really want to know about him at first but now I think I want to be his friend and sharing more things with him.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

J-hope’s POV

 

“Hobi-hyung, today I’ve met a girl. She is so cute and I’ve fallen in love with her. Jimin told me to stop dreaming about her.”

“Yes, you should. She is the hottest girl in our college and the leader of our college cheerleader, you know that?”

“Yup, hyung, you know hundreds of boy in our college are trying to tackle her but she rejected them all. What make you special that you think she will accept you?”

Taehyung is someone who can fall in love easily while Jimin and Jungkook is the type that will stick to their ideal girl only. Once Taehyung said that he fall in love with a girl working in a café because she has the cutest smile ever. After dating her for four months, he broke up with her telling me that she is so demanding. Then he is dating with someone who likes to go to library and broke up after three months because he is tired of coming to library everyday. Taehyung is not a playboy but he is someone who can fall in love easily.

“Then what? You will dump her because she is too cheerful?”

“Ah, hyung. I’m serious”

“Excuse me, can we come in?”

I see Suga and his friends standing in front of my room. I tell them to come in and Suga is telling me that he will be discharge today and come here to say goodbye to me.

“Are you okay, J-hope?”

“I’m fine Jin-hyung. Just tired and can’t walk for longer time because I will feel dizzy and need to rest more. That’s why I can’t visit Suga this two days.”

“Well, it’s okay. I’ll come visit you again when I have free time.”

“You will? Really? Thank you.”

“Wait, I’ve seen you somewhere. YOU! You are the one who insulted me when I accidently crash onto you last week.”

“I’m sorry I guess.”

“It’s okay. You know what? We will have a birthday party for Hobi-hyung in two days. Why don’t you all come and we can party hard later.”

“Okay, sure.”