First Meeting

Please Start to Smile Again

Suga’s POV

 

“Arghh stupid coin, why now? If that stupid moron doesn’t drink all of my water, I won’t need to come here. Arghh fu….”

“Hey, are you okay? Are you in pain?”

“Uh yeah I-I’m okay. Just that my coin slipped from my hand and rolled under the vending machine and you see I can’t bend down to get it since I’m in this state.”

“Well you can use my coin.”

Yes, if that stupid boy said name is Rapmon don’t drink all my water during his visit, I wouldn’t need to go to the vending machine to buy a drink. Actually I can ask nurse to help me get it but well I’m guy and it’s not my nature to ask woman for a help. Huh, totally real man style. And this boy, Rapmon has nerved to give me some coins to buy a drink before he gets out from my ward. I swear to god I will kill him when I’m fully recover.

“Umm yup, thank you.”

“Hi, I’m J-hope. Can we be friend?”

“Uh, I’m sorry but I don’t you. Okay, I need to go now. Thank you again.”

“But, you know my name……….”

I start to walk before he could finish his sentence. What a weird boy asking a stranger he barely knows to be his friend. He’s kind of creepy too since he can’t stop smiling or I could say it’s like grinning type of smile. Hope that I don’t see him again or it will awkward between us. Well, it’s not that I don’t like to make a new friend but I’m just too lazy to be friendly with people. By friendly means that I have to share everything about me and I have to listen to his story too then when we out of story everything will start to be awkward and I don’t like an awkward situation.

I do have friends. My classmates are my friend but they are just someone I know during class. Outside of it, they are stranger to me and I care nothing about them. Rapmon? Well he’s my friend, my best friend. Wait, yup I have best friend not one but two. One is Rapmon and two is Jin. We knew each other when we are highschool student. We know everything about each other and maybe there is not secret between us.

Rapmon is one year younger than me and Jin is one year older than me. I’ll be proud to tell about our friendship to my kids in future. I still can’t believe that I’m one of the student council during my highschool. It’s tiring to be part of them in which I need to study hard to be in top 10 and follow the entire school rule. So one day, I decided to skip class and hang out alone at rooftop. That’s how I met Rapmon and Jin.

“Yah yoongi! Why are you smiling alone? Are thinking of something funny or did you watch last night?”

“Ah Jin-hyung. You scared me. No, just thinking about something. Wow, you look like zombie now. Please don’t eat my brain. I’m not smart enough for you but I know someone who is worth enough to be your food. His name is Rapmon…..”

“Man, I don’t know you can be this funny. Fuhh I don’t know hospital can change you. So, what did Rapmon do now? He stepped on your foot? Or broke your bed?”

“He stole my drink. All of it. I only have two bottles that you gave me before and he just drink it claiming that he is so thirsty. You know what the worst is?”

“What?”

“He gave coins and told me to buy drink by myself. I.NEED.TO.BUY.IT.WHILE.I’M.IN.THIS.STATE.”

My name is J-hope. J-hope? What a weird name. What he means by hope? Is he a hope or something? Well nevermind since my name is weird as well. Suga, it’s not my real name but my friend called me Suga when I’m in middle school. They said that my smile is as sweet as sugar. It’s not my place to tell this but whenever I’m smiling girls will sworn over me asking me to be their boyfriend. Some has fainted seeing my smile.

“Yah! Yah! Huh, I’m done. We need a doctor now to check you.”

“What? I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not. You are just smiling while I’m talking. Do you even hear me?”

“Ah, I’m sorry. Just I found some weird guy before. He asked me to be his friend.”

“Friend? Who?”

“I don’t know. He said his name is J-hope but you know me. I don’t friend with stranger.”

“Wow, I can’t believe you waste such good luck. It’s rare opportunity for someone to ask that. You’re weird. I need to go now and will come back tomorrow.”

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

J-hope’s POV

 

I’m on my way to the vending when I saw someone is growling in front of the vending machine. I thought he is in pain because seeing his leg is in a cast. Maybe he had an accident and broke his right leg. Knowing his real problem, I offered him my coin and he gladly took it. Why he doesn’t smile? Normally, people will smile at me when they are grateful of my kind attitude. But he just had his poker face when receiving coins from while saying thank you.

My mom always told me to smile because smiling is the best medicine in the world. I smile and smile the widest I can but no, he just stood there without feeling or emotion at all. What a weird guy.

“Hi, I’m J-hope. Can we be friend?”

It’s kind of slipped out from my mouth and I can’t take it back. I hope he will accept my friend request. But no he’s different, everyone will accept my offer when they see me smile but this guy, just shrug me off telling he don’t know me. Yeah, it’s true, he don’t know me and I don’t know him too because we just met for about 5 minutes only. I tried again but he just walked away leaving me alone. I hope to see him again to ask him the same question.

“Hobi-hyung, you know what? On the way here, a girl approached Jungkook and gave him a letter, a love letter and I still can’t believe it, he Jungkook returned back the letter to her and walk away.”

“Yah V-hyung. Stop it. Just stop talking about it already. You talked about it nonstop on our way to here.”

“Is she not cute? Or she is not healthy enough for you?”

“Ah, Hobi-hyung, not you too. Jimin-hyung, please help me.”

“Nah, Jungkook is too shy that’s why he reacts like that. He’s panicking actually and accidently returned the letter back to her. She is cute but not as cute as me and she is too skinny. In conclusion, she is not Jungkook type. But poor girl, I bet she is crying right now.”

“I’m done. Goodbye.”

“Yah Jungkook. We are just joking. Come back here.”

“Don’t talk about it anymore or else you won’t get to read my new manga. So Hobi-hyung, how is your day?”

V, Jimin and Jungkook are my childhood friends and also my bestfriends. They will come visit me everyday and we’ll update about our life that day. My other friend from collage will come visit me sometimes but not often since they are busy with college life. I’m really thankful to have V, Jimin and Jungkook as my friend. They will not miss a day to come visit me when I’m hospitalized. V and Jimin are same aged friend and is in sophomore year in college while Jungkook is a senior in highschool.

“Well, I’ve met someone.”

“Who? A girl? Is she cute? y or not? What is her name?”

“Tae hold up. First it’s a boy and I don’t know his name and…..”

“Ah hyung, I don’t know you are into a boy. It’s okay, I’ll still support you.”

“Yah, not like that. It’s just that I want to be friend with him and I think it will be fun to have him as my friend.”

“Hyung. How could you? You have someone else already to replace us. V-ah, Jungkook-ah, looks like Hobi-hyung has new friend and will abandoned us now. What should we do? It seems that we can’t be here anymore.”

“Yeah you’re right Jimin-hyung. I’m so sad * (while faking his crying)*. What should we do when we miss Hobi-hyung?”

“Jimin. Jungkook, let’s hug Hobi-hyung for the last time.”

I can’t believe this. They are hugging me now and faking their cry. Huh! Why I have friended with them? I know V can’t be a little bit emotional sometimes but not Jimin and Jungkook too. I guess V virus has infected them and nothing can cure them.

“Let me go, I can’t breathe. Please stop this drama. Not funny.”

“Wow, we are so good in acting. Jimin, Jungkook lets go for an audition later.”

“Yeah, I agree hyung.”

I glared at them one by one. What a childish kids. But I know they do this to make me smile. It’s boring to be in this hospital alone without a friend. My parent wants to accompany me every time but I know they are tired from working so I told them I’m okay alone. My sister will visit me when she has time but she will bring his boyfriend along. Well I’m still awkward with him because he doesn’t talk much.

“Guys, I’m serious.”

“Okay, okay, we are sorry hyung. So tell us about this someone.”

I told them everything from how I met this boy to the how he is rejecting my offer.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

V’s POV

 

“What do you think about that someone?”

I asked Jimin and Jungkook about the guy that Hobi hyung has told before in his ward. Now we are heading out from hospital after saying goodbye to him.

“I don’t know but I really want to see him and scold him for rejecting Hobi-hyung request.”

“Well me too. Everyone wants to be his friend but this one guy easily reject it.”

“Well One thing I know for sure, you too have reject someone today.”

Jungkook hit me straight on my stomach. It’s hurt eventhough it just a light smack. This kid sure has grown up but I’m the hyung. I can’t lose to him. So smacked him back but I managed to dodge his hit when he is trying to swing his fist to my stomach again. I stepped back a few steps to avoid him but suddenly I hit a hard thing on my back. It’s not a wall I guess because I heard a voice. Oh my god, I hit someone.

“Ouch, what the f**k. Hey, what are doing?”

“I’m sorry, really sorry. I don’t see you before.”

“Of course you don’t see me when you used a knee to see instead of an eye.”

“Excuse me? Huh! I’ll take back my apology. Someone like you doesn’t deserve it.”

“Whatever. I don’t need your apology. Not worth it.”

“What?....”

 I’m so mad that I’m ready to punch this boy on his face but Jimin is holding me preventing me to lay my hand on him. This guy is so rude and I can’t believe someone like him exist in this world. Jungkook apologies to him before Jimin drag me out from hospital. I know I’ve made a ruckus in the hospital but I can’t help myself from rising my voice to him when he has insulted me.

“Don’t let me see him again. Huh, I’m so mad now.”

“Calm down. Everyone is watching at you now.”