What am I to you?

Rock Bottom

"Three years of being together and he still doesn't know you're allergic to crabs?" Moon Byul said, her voice sounding a little agitated as she opened and closed her medicine cabinet for Solar's anti-allergies. She poured water into a glass before giving them to Solar. "He's such an a-hole, why did he even bring you to that stupid seafood restaurant."

 
Solar shrugged, playfully making face at Moon Byul as she accepted the medicine. It wasn't really that bad, but Solar needed an excuse to see Moon Byul on a Saturday night. Besides, the younger girl looks cute when she's panicking. "We're not that kind of couple. I don't even know his favorite dish," Solar said calmly after swallowing the medicine. "There were a lot of people there so of course he would bring me there," Solar let out a dry laugh. "He need to keep up the 'perfect' fiancé image, you know."
 
Moon Byul rolled her eyes. "Perfect my ," she said bitterly.
 
Solar tilted her head, suprising Moon Byul as the former pulled her by the colar of her shirt. Moon Byul's hand landed on the backrest of the couch, supporting her. Their lips met and Moon Byul could only sigh in the kiss. She missed it. She missed Solar.
 
"I missed you," Solar whispered through the kiss without detaching her lips from Moon Byul's before kissing the younger girl harder, like her life depended on it.
 
Moon Byul breathed Solar in, intoxicating herself with Solar's scent. Her hand travelled to Solar's hips, raising the shirt so she could touch skin, her fingers scraping gently yet roughly at the same time. She needed to feel Solar.
 
"So rough," Solar said as she broke their kiss, catching her breath. She was laying on the couch now, her shirt raised to her chest. "Did you miss me that much, Byul-ah?"
 
Moon Byul kissed the exposed skin just above the waistband of Solar's jeans. "I always miss you," she said breathlessly, continuing her trail towards North. Solar's breath hitched, her hands disappearing in Moon Byul's blonde hair. "Oh god," Solar breathed out, sending shivers down Moon Byul's spine.
 
"Say my name," Moon Byul whispered as she took off Solar's shirt.
 
"Byul-ah," Solar said in a weak voice, her eyes barely opening as Moon Byul on her weak spot. "Byul-ah."
 
"Yongsun," Moon Byul said, her warm breath hitting Solar's skin. "You're so beautiful."
 
Solar didn't say another word, finally succumbing to Moon Byul's touch. Finally succumbing to Moon Byul. They made love on the couch once, twice, thrice, until Moon Byul stopped counting, making up for the nights that she wasn't able to hold Solar. Making up for the nights when she slept alone, hugging Solar's pillow, trying to take as much scent as she could.
 
"What am I for you?" Moon Byul asked as she hugged Solar in the cramped couch, their sweaty and sore bodies becoming one.
 
"What am I to you?" Solar returned the question mindlessly, trying to delay her answer. She doesn't know if she should say what Moon Byul wanted to hear or what Moon Byul should hear.
 
"A buddy," Moon Byul said teasingly, body shaking as she giggled at her own joke.
 
" buddy," Solar said, giggling along with Moon Byul. "That's what you are to me, too."
 
"Yeah," Moon Byul said in a serious voice, their giggles dying into sighs. "It's less complicated," she added, trying to convince herself. But she knew better.
 
Solar nuzzled her nose against the dip in-between Moon Byul's collarbones - her way of showing affection. "I need to use your jeans tomorrow," she said.
 
"Which one?" Moon Byul asked, as if it was the most normal thing.
 
"Your favorite jeans."
 
"The white ripped ones?"
 
"The white ripped ones."