Giggles and kisses.

Rock Bottom

Moonbyul knew something was amiss on the fourth day of Solar's stay in her apartment. She was ecstatic, to say the least, that she's been falling asleep and waking up with Solar beside her, but that doesn't make her worry less. There was a voice at the back of her head nagging her to ask Solar what was up, because the girl never stayed this long before. But Moonbyul just couldn't bring herself to ask, mostly because she was afraid to hear the answer.

"Morning," Solar greets her in that usual chirpy tone Moonbyul's becoming accustomed to. And she thought maybe she could get used to having Solar around in the mornings, too. And she couldn't help but smile at that thought.

"Seems like someone woke up on the right side of the bed," Solar added, noticing the small smile on Moonbyul's lips.

"I've been waking up on the right side of the bed since you were here." It was meant to be a whisper, but Moonbyul said it a little too loud for the both of them to hear. She blushed when she realized this, and Solar let out a low giggle before kissing Moonbyul on the cheeks.

"When did you become so greasy?"

Moonbyul chuckled, regaining her confidence as she pulled Solar close to her. "I only speak the truth," she said before kissing the tip of Solar's nose.

Solar rolled her eyes before playfully pushing Moonbyul away. "You can't just kiss me like that."

Moonbyul pulled her even closer, their bodies pressed against each other. "Not letting you go," she said, chuckling as Solar struggled to get out of her hold (although without really applying any force).

Moonbyul felt so light at that moment, her chest swelling with so many emotion she was feeling for Solar. And just when she was about to say the dreaded three words, Solar shut her up with a kiss. A deep, long, raw kiss. No tongues involved. Just lips meeting lips. And it had been the most passionate kiss they had shared Moonbyul wanted to cry. She felt it - the spark Solar was hiding. Small but raw and lasting, sending shivers down Moonbyul's spine. It was there all along. They both hid it well.

Moonbyul broke the kiss, but held Solar's gaze. She looked deep, and Solar did the same thing, smiling a little as she caressed Moonbyul's cheeks.

"I love you," Moonbyul said in a voice so clear surely Solar could never miss that. But she did, as she moved away from Moonbyul like nothing happened.

"Let's go make you breakfast," Solar said as she successfully got off the bed, slipping an oversized dress shirt from Moonbyul's closet before she left the room.

With a sigh, Moonbyul turned to face the ceiling, letting the moment slip away from her grasp again.

Outside, Solar stood in the kitchen, hands shaking as she force the tears back. She promised herself not to hurt Moonbyul, but it seemed like all she was doing was hurt the girl. It was just supposed to be a one night stand the first time they met, but she was so selfish and kept coming back to Moonbyul. She was so selfish for wanting to be happy in Moonbyul's arms. And now they're both falling for each other, but she would never tell Moonbyul because time is ticking, and soon she will have to leave again, never to return. It would be easier to hate her when she disappears in Moonbyul's life if the latter would never know how she really felt. Or so she thought.

The past days had been the happiest days in Solar's life. And if she would live another lifetime with Moonbyul again, she vowed to fight for what they have. But for this lifetime, she wouldn't. She couldn't. Not when Moonbyul's safety is at stake. Because she knew her fiancé would do anything to get rid of his rivals.

Solar wiped her tears with the sleeve of her shirt, taking out ingredients for their favorite kimchi fried rice.