Ending #2

Unexpected

Days passed, though to Jongin it felt like forever.  Hyejin replied to his texts and even calls, but he was still uneasy about it all.  Jongin wondered about her all the time and felt nervous.  He couldn't stop thinking about the "what ifs'" and good and bad outcomes of their relationship. 

One day while they were practicing, they got news from their manager that they'd be doing a rehearsal with the label mates.  It was set for a week from then and they had to be prepared. 

When the week had passed and the 8 EXO members had made it to the place where they would be practicing in, they were met with the other SM idols.  First their sunbaes were up to go on the little stage. 

While the members waited patiently for their turn to go up to the stage, they were surprised by their Chinese member, Lay, or Zhang Yixing. 

"Oh, Lay hyung," Jongin said.  "I thought you were supposed to be in China for a schedule." 

"It was mandatory to come here, plus I finished up over there quickly to come back," Yixing replied.  

"Well, we're glad to see you," Joonmyeon said. 

"I'm glad, too," Yixing said.  Then he turned to look at Jongin.  "Is your ankle better?" 

"Yeah, I don't need crutches anymore.  How about you?  How's your waist, hyung?" 

"It could be worse, but I'm totally fine." 

Jongin patted his hyung's back.  "That's good." 

"Enough with your guys' lovey-dovey reunion, it's almost time for us to go," Baekyun said. 

"Don't even, Byun Baekhyun.  While Chanyeol was gone on 'Roommate' all you did was wonder when he'd come back," Kyungsoo commented. 

"Ah, be quite," Baekhyun mumbled and turned away. 

While the rest of the members were getting ready to go up, Yixing and Jongin stayed in the back and chatted for a bit. 

"Hey, do you know what songs we're going to have to preform?  I wasn't given any information..." Yixing asked. 

"Um, we're doing Growl, Call Me Baby, Love Me Right, and maybe Mama," Jongin replied. 

"Alright.  Well, you're lucky that you don't have to dance, right?" 

"No, it's not like that...  Trust me hyung, I'm itching to move around." 

Yixing chuckled.  "Anyways, how's Hyejin, I haven't seen her in a while." 

"Oh... well... she's been- uh... home." 

He gave Jongin a suspicious look.  "Has something happened?" 

"No, no... we're just on a little break.  That's all." 

Yixing's eyes widened.  "Is everything alright?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well, if you have to talk, I'm here."  He put his had on Jongin's shoulder, showing that he'd be there for his dance buddy. 

"Thanks, hyung.  I think that I ranted the last of it to Kyungsoo already, though." 

They both chuckled, then before they knew it they were being called to the stage. 

As they walked up to the stage, f(x) were coming down.  Jongin and Krystal made eye contact.  Krystal smiled and grabbed Jongin's arm as she passed him.  Jongin, not wanting to be rude, smiled back. 

He still had to talk to her.  If he wanted to make things right with Hyejin, he knew he had to talk to Krystal and nicely tell her to stop first of all.  This time he would really tell himself to resist and stop with his wrong ways. 

After performing slash practicing, Jongin went to find Krystal right away.  He knew if he had to talk to her he would do it as soon as possible and right then was the perfect time since he didn't know when they'd have another chance to meet. 

Just as he was about to turn the corner to where f(x)'s bags and whatnot were, Krystal came out of no where and bumped into him.  He stumbled backwards and almost fell until he stabled himself by grabbing the wall and having Krystal grip onto his hand. 

"Thanks," Jongin thanked her. 

"No problem.  I'm sorry, I wasn't looking," Krystal said. 

"It's fine." 

"So, umm... I was just going to come out and look for you." 

"I came to look for you, too." 

"Oh really?  Well, here I am."  Krystal smiled and tightened her grip on Jongin's hand. 

Jongin noticed that Krystal was still holding his hand, but soon slipped away from her.  "Uh... shall we talk where it's more private?" 

"Yeah, of course." 

They made their way over to a more quite and secluded corner where it was just them two.  There were already two chairs awaiting for them when they got there as if they moved there magically knowing that Jongin and Krystal would be there. 

"What did you want to talk about?" Krystal asked as she sat down in the other chair beside Jongin. 

"Well... us," Jongin said getting straight to the point. 

"What about 'us'?"  

"Uhh.... umm... you've heard the rumors, right?" 

"Yeah, I can't believe that they think we're dating... maybe it's telling us something, Nini." 

Jongin paused and didn't say anything while Krystal smiled and thought of them being a real couple. 

"Actually, Soojung-ah...  I came to clarify that we aren't dating and I'd like to keep it that way." 

Krystal was shocked.  "B-but, Jongin-" 

"I'm sorry.  I know we've been friends for so long and all, but I don't want to do this to Hyejin.  She's been through a lot and I don't want to hurt her anymore.  Please, I don't want to argue or anything." 

"Jongin, why are you doing this?  What made you decide this all of a sudden?" 

"I'm doing this because I don't want to break Hyejin's heart, and I chose this myself.  Please don't be upset, we might not be lovers, but we can always and forever be friends." 

Krystal looked down.  She couldn't bare to look into Jongin's deep, brown eyes.  Many things, emotions, and feelings were spinning around in her mind.  The right thing to do was to let Jongin go and let him be happy with Hyejin while she stayed behind and tortured herself through weeks of recovery.  Then the bad thing was to tell Jongin now and continue to pursue and seduce him until he had broke and finally went official with her. 

She continued to think and think while the two sat in silence.  It was hard for her, she wanted one thing, but knew that she had to pick the right one.  Finally she made her decision. 

"Okay.  Friends forever, alright?" Krystal asked while bitting her bottom lip afterwards trying to keep herself from crying a river in front of her crush. 

"Friends forever," Jongin stated and wrapped his arm around her giving her a side hug. 

An hour later and EXO was back at their dorm relaxing for the rest of the day. 

Everyone was doing their own things inside the dorm.  It was a rather windy day for spring and no one wanted to go out. 

As Jongin laid in his bed and played on his phone, still checking and texing Hyejin, Kyungsoo walked in.  He sat on his own bed that was besid Jongin's and looked at the younger. 

"So?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"What?" Jongin responded and put his phone down. 

"I saw you talking to Krystal earlier.  What did you say?" 

"I told her what I needed to tell her." 

"Like?" 

"That I just wanted us to be friends." 

"She agreed?" 

"Well, she thought for a bit and then eventually said yeah." 

"That seemed easier than what I imagined." 

Jongin shrugged. 

"Just waiting for Hyejin then?" Kyungsoo continued. 

"Yeah.  I hope she calls soon, I really miss her." 

Kyungsoo smiled at his roommate and said, "She probably misses you, too." 

The same day that Jongin asked Krystal for them to just be friends, Hyejin made her decision.  She knew for sure what she wanted, to be with her one and only love.  Though she knew had decided and wanted, she couldn't help but feel nervous and worried. 

Hyejin wondered wondered if she'd be hurting Jongin or Krystal if she said that she wanted to fix her relationship with him.  She didn't Jongin to feel forced to be with her and she didn't want Krystal to be upset.  Worry and a bit of guilt started riding up her back and she began asking herself if this really was the right way to deal with the whole thing. 

At night she picked up her phone.  She was going to call Jongin and ask him if they could meet, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it.  Eventually her phone ended up on the floor while she went to take a shower. 

The next day she contemplated again.  When she brought herself to pick her phone up again, she held it in her hands for at least an hour before putting it down again and going off to study. 

Two more days passed and she told herself if she never calls, then things will just remain like that and that's what she didn't want to happen.  Finally, after picking her phone up and putting it down constantly, she made the call to Jongin. 

"Hello?" he answered. 

"Jongin-ah," she said making sure that her voice didn't crack or sound weird in any way. 

"Hyejin." 

"H-how are you?" 

"I'm good...  How are you?" 

"I'm doing fine."  There was a long awkward pause before Hyejin gathered her courage and continued to speak.  "I want to meet... if that's alright with you." 

"Yes, of course.  Where?  When?" 

"Well, where are you at?" 

"I'm home." 

"Okay, I'll come over now." 

"Wait, let's meet somewhere else instead.  I want to take you out to dinner." 

"No, it's okay.  I don't want you on your feet, so don't you dare move." 

Jongin smiled and nodded his head even though he knew that Hyejin couldn't see him.  "Alright.  I'll be waiting for you." 

"Okay, bye." 

Within half an hour Hyejin made it over to EXO's dorm.  She made her way up quickly, but as she approached their door, she slowed down.  Before she knocked, she took in a breath and straightened out her shirt. 

It was a kind of rushed thing, so she didn't have time to fix herself up to perfection.  She put on little to no make-up, let her hair down, and wore a simple t-shirt with blue, sky colored jeans. 

The door opened after Hyejin knocked. 

"Hyejin," Jongin said and a small smile crawled on his face.  "Come in." 

Hyejin walked in quitely and carefully because of all the shoes sitting at the entrance.  "I thought I told you not to move," she said as she took her shoes off. 

"Heh, well, I just couldn't help it," Jongin replied and held Hyejin's arm so she wouldn't fall. 

"But you're still limping." 

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine.  Let's go sit down." 

Hyejin nodded and followed the limping Jongin to the living room.  Hyejin sat down while Jongin stayed standing and asked if she wanted something to eat or drink.  She shook her head and slowly reached out for his hand. 

"Please, just sit," Hyejin said and gently pulled on Jongin when she had grabbed his hand. 

Jongin sat like he was asked to and waited for Hyejin to say something. 

"Jongin-ah," Hyejin began, "first of all I want to say that I'm sorry." 

"Sorry for what, silly?  You didn't do anything wrong," Jongin said. 

Hyejin looked at him and gave him a small smile.  "Secondly, I want to say that I love you.  Can we pick up where we left off without all the mess in between?" 

"Of course, babe."  Jongin threw his arms around his lovely girlfriend.  "I love you so much." 

All Hyejin could do was smile and wipe a tear that was beginning to fall while muttering "I love you's" to Jongin. 

The night was spent with just the two of them enjoy each others' presence.  They moved from the living room couch to Jongin's bed in his room.  Hyejin laid on Jongin's arm and lightly snored while Jongin studied his girlfriend's facial features just like he always did when she slept beside him. 

A couple months later their relationship was even stronger than before.  It was hard for them to part ways whenever they met as usual, but recently it's gotten to the point where one of the EXO members had to pull Jongin away. 

As for Jongin's friendship with Krystal, it was doing well.  They didn't see each other as often as before, but they still had nice little chats here and there. 

One weekend when Jongin was on vacation in the summer and Hyejin didn't have summer school, Jongin asked her to go with him to a fancy restaurant outside of Seoul.  Of course Hyejin said yes and so they took off and went to the restaurant that Jongin had booked for six, but Jongin didn't tell her that part.  It was his surprise to her. 

Lately they had been asking each other to meet the other's parents, but they just hadn't had the time to plan a real date to do so.  But finally today was the day. 

The couple entered the restaurant together and were greeted by their parents right away. 

"Mom; Dad, what are you guys doing here?" Hyejin asked after she realized that it was her parents. 

"Your handsome boyfriend called us," Hyejin's mother responded. 

Hyejin smiled and turned to look at her tall boyfriend who was talking with his own parents at the moment.  She intertwined her fingers with his and caught his attention. 

"Is this your surprise?" Hyejin asked. 

Jongin smiled and said, "Yes it is.  Do you like it?" 

Hyejin just smiled and kissed his cheek. 

They went to sit down at a table and waited for the waiter to come by.  As they waited, they chatted, introduced, and got closer to one another.  It was a nice dinner and they even ordered dessert and stayed even later. 

Afterwards, they went out to the parking lot and got ready to leave. 

"Take care, dear, and thank you so much for taking care of our Hyejin," Hyejin's mother said to Jongin as she held his hand. 

"Thank you, and it's no problem.  Drive safely," Jongin responded. 

"You, too.  Goodnight," Hyejin's father said and shook Jongin's hand. 

On the other side, Hyejin was having a similar conversation with Jongin's parents as well.  

"You're exactly how Jongin has been saying about you," Jongin's father said. 

"No, honey, she's exceeded my expectations and what Jongin has been saying," Jongin's mother argued.  Hyejin chuckled. 

"Thank you," Hyejin thanked. 

"Thank you for being here and for being with Jongin.  I know it's tough and sometimes he can be a handful." 

"Oh, no, I enjoy being beside him." 

His parents smiled. 

Once all goodbyes were said, the parents took off first.  Then Jongin climbed into the driver's seat while Hyejin slid into the passenger's.  Before Jongin got a chance to start the car, he stopped and turned to look at Hyejin. 

"Did you enjoy tonight?" Jongin asked. 

"Yes, it was wonderful," Hyejin replied. 

"Can I receive a little gift as a thanks?" 

"What did you want?  I don't work, so I only have my allowance money...  It can't be expensive.  Hmm... how about-" 

"Just kiss me already," Jongin cut Hyejin off before she went on rambling. 

Hyejin giggled.  "I was teasing you, I knew you wanted one from the start."  Then Hyejin leaned forward and planted a kiss right now Jongin's lips.  "Happy?" she asked and smirked. 

Jongin shook his head and sneaked his hand behind Hyejin's neck and gently pulled her closer and continued their kiss. 

 

 


Hi everyone!  Ah, finally here is the last ending!  Did you guys enjoy reading?  How was it?  Good? Bad?  Tell me in the comments!  Thank you so much :) 

 

~Angelflyer