Ending #1

Unexpected

A week has passed since Hyejin had found out that Jongin was cheating on her.  She had thought long and hard about it, their relationship.  The first few days were hard on her, but as she got back into her daily routine, she was okay. 

As for Jongin, he couldn't stop thinking about Hyejin.  He fidgeted and constantly checked his phone every moment he got to.  He also texted her as much as he could and tried calling her at night to see if she was doing okay.  Though she didn't give replies like before their argument, he still accepted them and appreciated that she would still answer him even after what happened. 

One day while Hyejin was near the SM building for an errand, she decided that she'd call Jongin to talk to him.  Luckily, he wasn't busy with a schedule and happened to at the practice room when she called. 

Hyejin quickly made her way to SM's company and went upstairs to the practice room that Jongin was in.  Jongin waited patiently for Hyejin's arrival and hoped for the best. 

Once Hyejin had come up to the practice room, she found all of the EXO members standing around waiting for their music to start.  Before one of their members got a chance to press play, though, they noticed the door opening and Hyejin popping her head in. 

"Oh, bab- I mean... Hyejin-ah, you're here already?" Jongin said. 

"Y-yeah," she replied nervously. 

"Uh, guys, I'm going to go with Hyejin, alright?" 

s nodded and allowed him to go.  Jongin thanked them silently and walked out with Hyejin.  It was awkward between them as they made their way to a smaller practice room for privacy. 

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Jongin asked causally once they were in the practice room. 

"Well," Hyejin began, "I wanted to say that..." 

Before Hyejin got a chance to continue on what she was going to say, Krystal came knocking on the door.  She was looking for Jongin and asked s where he would be and they told her that he was in a different practice room. 

"Nini, I was looking for you- oh.  Hi, Hyejin," Krystal said. 

"Hi," Hyejin greeted and forced a smile. 

"Krystal, I need to talk to Hyejin in private.  We can chat later, alright?" 

"Okay, oppa."  Krystal then grabbed Jongin's hand and held it gently and with care.  She smiled and tip-toed to kiss his cheek.  "I'll go now.  See you two later."  Then she left. 

Hyejin was out of words at this point.  She was frozen just like before and again Jongin worried.  Honestly, Hyejin thought that Jongin would have told Krystal off already if he was begging for her to forgive him. 

"I-I'm sorry.  I didn't know what she was just going to show up like that.  She... I was going to-" Jongin tried explaining. 

"No... it's okay," Hyejin interrupted him.  She was more than just upset now.  Things were getting hard and complicated and she was getting tired of it all.  "I'm sorry, too, actually."  She shook her head and looked down.  "Now that I really think about it... I can't believe that this is happening again.  It's just so easy to play me, right?  All of them, all of my ex-boyfriends cheated on me except for two.  I probably could have avoided this all by just going with my first boyfriend to America when he asked.  Dammit...  I should have went with him.  Then all of this wouldn't have happened.  You would be happy with Krystal and I would be happy in America with my boyfriend." 

Hyejin was crying at this point and just had to let all her feelings out.  It was already too late to stop where she was at now. 

There was a pause before she continued to speak.  "Oh, god, I'm so sorry, Jongin...  I'm sorry that I've never been the perfect girl.  I'm sorry that you've had to put up with me.  I'm sorry that I'm not as pretty as Soojung.  I'm sorry that my hair isn't long and beautiful like hers.  I'm sorry that I don't have a thigh gap.  I'm sorry that I don't have the whitest skin tone like how you wished.  I'm sorry that I'm fat and it hangs out.  I'm sorry that I'm not athletic and fit.  I'm sorry that I'm clumsy and have no confidence.  I'm sorry for everything."  She swallowed hard and tried to stop crying. 

Jongin wa speechless after listening to Hyejin's apologies, but felt like the worst person in the world right now.  A minute passed as they stood there in silence with each other.  The atmosphere was tense and both were thinking about what to say next.  

Finally Jongin spoke up.  "Y-you don't have to be sorry," he squeaked.  "I'm the one that should be sorry.  I broke my promise to you.  I don't want you to regret anything...  I love you and I don't know what I'd do without you." 

She shook her head slightly.  "I love you, too, Kai-sshi... but I think it's time to start fresh."  She paused and then let out a forced chuckle.  "And I'm going to be selfish right now and keep your sweaters, okay?  Just so that I can remember how it felt to be next to you, sleep on your chest, and feel your warmth.  I'm going to miss you.  Don't forget about me alright?  I'll still come to all of your concerts and support you.  Be happy, that's all I ask, and don't worry about me." 

"Baby... please don't do this.  I... I can't be without you.  Please, give me another chance," Jongin pleaded. 

"I'm sorry, Kai." 

Jongin was surprised that Hyejin kept using his stage name, just like when they first had met.  He was feeling broken now.  As soon as he saw Hyejin's face at the beginning when she began to speak, he knew it wasn't going to end well, but he wasn't going to go without a fight.  He really wanted Hyejin to stay with him. 

"Hyejin-ah... please." 

"Can I have one last hug?"  She looked up to him with a sad smile and stepped towards him until she was in his arms.  She wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her head into his chest.  "I love you," she muttered. 

"This will not be our last hug, don't say that," Jongin said and held onto her tightly.  "I love you so much." 

That just made Hyejin cry even more.  She gripped onto Jongin's shirt, then gently pushed him away.  Though it was hard to get out of his arms, she finally was able to stand apart from Jongin again. 

"I'm going now.  Bye-bye," Hyejin announced. 

"No, please don't," Jongin said and grabbed her hand.  He held it gently and rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand. 

Hyejin just continued giving him the same sad smile with tears streaming down her face.  "Sorry," she said and tore away from his grip. 

Before Jongin got the chance to stop her again, she left.  Afraid that she'd think about changing her mind, she didn't look back at Jongin's pleading, angelic face because she knew if she did, she'd break.  Therefore, she kept her stare down on the floor as she walked out. 

As she made her way down the hallway to the exit, she bumped into Kyungsoo.  Surprised to see Kyungsoo standing in front of her, she looked away and hid her crying face and took in a breath. 

"Hyejin..." Kyungsoo said.  "Are you okay?  What happened between you and Jongin?" 

"It's nothing.  I-I'm going home now.  Goodbye," Hyejin replied. 

Then she was gone.  Kyungsoo was worried.  Something bad had happened and he wanted to know what went down.  Qucikly, he ran to the practice room that Jongin was in. 

In the room, Jongin had dropped down onto the couch and had his face in his hands.  He felt even worse than just terrible and he knew he screwed up really bad.  He didn't even look up when Kyungsoo had entered the room. 

"Hey," Kyungsoo greeted softly.  "What happened?" 

Jongin sighed.  "Hyejin broke up with me," he mumbled. 

"Oh..." 

"She told me to be happy, but how can I when she's not here?  She apologized for nothing.  She wanted one last hug.  I can't believe it." 

"Some things may not seem to be real unless you let it become reality." 

"That's the thing...  I don't want her leaving to become reality." 

Kyungsoo heard how much his friend was in pain and sat beside him.  Then he rubbed his back and tried comforting him the best he could. 

The next day, Kyungsoo went to visit Hyejin at her apartment.  He felt bad for the both of them.  He knew both were hurt about what had happened.  His best friend, that had went through his trainee years with, was upset.  He wanted to fully support Jongin and help bring him back up to his feet, but then he thought about Hyejin.  She had sacrificed so much for the guy.  He knew that Hyejin skipped her classes just so that she could be with Jongin because he was the only one that she told.  He knew she suffered from being alone when they were on schedules and or out of the country.  He knew all that she's been through and he felt bad for the girl. 

The door opened and revealed a puffy-eyed Hyejin.  He greeted her nicely and asked if he could come in.  She hesitated for a second, but let him in and got a glass of water for him. 

"Why are you here?" she asked. 

"I wanted to see if you doing okay," Kyungsoo replied. 

"Oh, well... I probably could be worse." 

"I'm sorry." 

"For what?  You didn't do anything wrong, don't apologize." 

"I know, but I wanted to say sorry for Jongin.  He's a wreck at home.  He doesn't want to do anything or go anywhere." 

Silence filled the room after Kyungsoo had said that.  Hyejin didn't know what to say.  She felt bad for breaking up with Jongin, but she wanted to get away from the hurt and pain. 

"Can you do me a favor, Kyungsoo oppa?" she asked out of the blue. 

"Sure, anything," Kyungsoo replied.  "What is it?" 

"Help Jongin.  I know he's probably just like me right now...  I want you to be there for him and help him be who he was before all this.  I want him to be the happy Jongin I've always known.  Can you promise?" 

"Of course I can." 

"Thank you so much." 

Kyungsoo just smiled and pulled her into a hug. 

Months passed.  Both Hyejin and Jongin got better.  They still longed for one another, but knew that it was probably for the best that they went their own separate ways. 

Jongin still called and texted Hyejin from time to time, not wanting to cut off their communication and friendship.  Of course Hyejin replied.  She was still sad, but was more stable than she was when they first had broken up. 

They were both doing their own things now.  EXO grew even more popular, if that was even possible, and Jongin's relationship with Krystal had grown, too. 

As for Hyejin, she had found someone new, too.  Do Kyungsoo.  She opened up to him and was always allowed to talk her feelings out and be herself around him.  Though, it was hard, she eventually fell in love again.  Their relationship was taken slow because Kyungsoo knew that Hyejin was still afraid and heartbroken, but he was fine with that.  He wanted her to be comfortable.  He wanted to show her that he loved her by letting their relationship progress steadily. 

Honestly, Kyungsoo didn't know that he'd fall in love with his best friend's ex-girlfriend, but a lot of unexpected things happen and for a reason.  Kyungsoo wasn't the only one surprised.  Jongin and Hyejin were, too.  Hyejin didn't ever think that she'd be going back to SM's practice rooms ever again and go on midnight dates after Jongin, but then Kyungsoo came along.  Jongin was a little hurt that Kyungsoo had gotten with his ex-girlfriend whom he still had some sort of feelings for, but he had to make himself think of the two and be happy for them. 

Everyone was happy again.  Maybe their feelings were still all over the place, but they knew that things happen for a reason whether it was expected or unexpected. 

 

 


Hi there!  Here is Ending #1!  I hope you guys enjoyed reading :)  Whether or not you guys like the story plot or what the outcome was at the end of this chapter, what did you guys think?  Is my writing okay?  Please comment, upvote, or subscribe if you liked it.  Thanks ^-^

 

~Angelflyer