Final

Unexpected

"Don't you dare move," Hyejin threatened.  "I'll go get it for you." 

"Babe-" Jongin tried saying something to his girlfriend that was getting ready to go. 

"You really need to rest.  You guys just finished with your world tour, I want you to rest before you go on with your other schedules."  She pulled her jacket on. 

"But-" he tried again and sat up on the black couch. 

"It's okay.  The convenience store is only a couple of blocks from here." 

"I know, but it's dark out.  I don't want you to go alone." 

"Jongin-ah, I'll be fine." 

"Baby." 

"I'm going now.  I'll be back soon." 

Then Hyejin left the SM building to go get some painkillers for Jongin because of his ankle.  It was midnight and pitch dark outside, yet Hyejin insisted that she'd go get the medicine for Jongin because he had complained that his ankle was hurting again.  He told her that he could go and get it, but she didn't want him to move around before it got worse. 

She pushed the door to enter the convenience store and smiled at the clerk as he gave her a quick nod and finished helping out the other customer.  Hyejin quickly went to the medicine section and pulled the bottle of painkillers off the shelf.  Then she went up to the clerk. 

"Hi," she greeted him. 

"Are you sick, sweetie?" the clerk asked. 

"No, they're for Jongin." 

"Ah, he has a twisted ankle, right?" 

"Something like that.  I don't even know what he does to get himself hurt anymore." 

He chuckled.  "Well, tell him that I hope he gets better soon." 

"I will, thank you."  She pulled out her wallet and paid for the pills. 

"Have a nice night." 

"Thanks, you too," Hyejin said as she exited the little store. 

Jongin and Hyejin would always go to the little convenience store at night when they first started dating.  That's how the clerk knew the two.  He was a kind man and enjoyed the two's company since it gets kind of lonely at the store when there aren't a lot of customers. 

As Hyejin walked back to where Jongin and the rest of EXO were, she thought she had heard a noise and suddenly got freaked out.  She quickened her steps and tried to act normal even though she felt like someone was watching her. 

It's all Jongin's fault, she thought.  It was because he had made her watch a scary movie with her last night.  Scary movies were never her thing, but because Jongin was just so convincing and held her tightly she watched with him. 

When she finally made it to the outside of the building she could finally let out a breath of relief.  Quickly she entered and didn't look back as she ran upstairs to EXO's practice room where Jongin as waiting for her. 

"Here," she said when she walked into the practice room. 

Jongin tried standing up and reaching out for the little bag, but Hyejin was faster and made him sit down while she pulled the little box out along with a bottle of water.  She gave the bottled water to Jongin while she opened the medicine and read the label. 

"It says to take to pills every six hours," she informed him.  Then she opened it and took out two pills and gave it to Jongin to take. 

Jongin smiled at his lovely girlfriend and swallowed his medicine before wrapping his arms around her.  He held her tightly and showed no signs of letter her go any time soon. 

"Hey... you know because of the scary movie we watched yesterday... I felt like there was someone following me back.  It gave me the chills," Hyejin said letting her arms automatically go around Jongin's waist. 

"Awe, baby, that's why I said I'd go," Jongin said and her hair. 

"But I didn't want you to." 

He pulled back just enough so that he could lean his forehead on hers.  Then he lightly chuckled and leaned in to give her a nice passionate kiss. 

The door opened interrupting their peaceful moment and in came D.O., also known as Kyungsooo, Jongin's best friend.  Hyejin gently pushed Jongin away from embarrassment and stood up to greet Kyungsoo. 

"Oh, what are you doing here, hyung?" Jongin asked looking at Kyungsoo. 

"I was going to tell you that manager hyung wants us all in the main practice room in ten minutes," Kyungsoo said. 

"Okay.  I'll be there in ten then." 

"Kay.  And Hyejin, don't let Jongin boss you around, alright?"  He gave Hyejin a subtle wink and ran out of the practice room. 

"I don't boss you around, right, baby?" Jongin asked when Kyungsoo had left. 

Hyejin laughed and sat back down beside her boyfriend.  "Well..." 

"Hey!" 

"I'm just kidding, Nini, you're an angel to me."  She brought her hand up and caressed his cheek. 

He smiled and pecked her lips.  "I love you." 

"I love you, too," she replied and smiled brightly. 

After ten minutes were up, Jongin picked up his crutches and began walking over to the other practice room where his other members were.  Hyejin walked him over to the room, then went down to grab something to drink. 

Once they were all done with their little meeting and Hyejin came back up, Hyejin and Jongin ended up being in the same practice room that they were in before.  They chatted for a while, then Hyejin got up to go to the bathroom, leaving Jongin in the room by himself. 

When Hyejin was washing her hands, she felt her phone buzz.  She dried her hands then pulled the phone out of her pocket while walking back to the practice room. 

Hyejin smiled when she saw that the notification had Jongin's stage name in it.  She had her phone set to where it would buzz and give a notification if any of the EXO members or Jongin name came up on any social media. 

Her smile didn't last long, though.  The headline of the article read that EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal was dating.  She stopped where she was in the middle of the hallway and watched as more articles were being put up about them two.  Hyejin froze, but then forced herself to go ask Jongin himself and not overact about a rumor like this. 

When she got to the practice room, she heard someone else's voice inside the room other than Jongin's.  It was a girl's voice.  Her hand that was reaching out to twist the doorknob and open it stopped in it's place. 

The talking stopped, and before she got to leave, the door opened.  Then she was then face to face with Krystal Jung.  Hyejin stepped back, surprised, and held her breath. 

They greeted each other kindly, then Krystal left.  When she was gone, Hyejin stared into the practically empty practice room.  Jongin was waiting in there for her, but her feet just didn't want to move just yet. 

Time passed by and Jongin got worried about Hyejin.  Something wasn't right, she had been gone to the bathroom for too long.  He grabbed his crutches and go up from the couch and went to search for his girlfriend. 

Just as he was going to exit the room, he found his beautiful girlfriend standing outside staring out into space. 

More than anything, Hyejin was scared now than when she was walking back from the convenience store.  She was afraid that the dating rumors were true.  She was afraid that she'd lose him.  She was afraid that she was being cheated on again.  She was afraid and didn't want to believe it. 

"Hey, baby," Jongin said.  He used one of his hands and tilted her chin upwards so that she would look him in the eyes.  "Are you okay?" 

Hyejin stared deeply into her lover's brown eyes and took in a breath, trying to calm herself.  She took Jongin's hand that was still holding onto her chin and held it. 

"Jongin," Hyejin began, "You always told me to tell you what's on my mind when something's wrong right?  So should I just say it?"  

"Yeah, of course.  What's wrong, babe?" Jongin replied. 

She paused and looked away before coming out with it.  "I saw the articles and what your company had to say.  Are you and Soojung really dating?"  She gulped.  "H-have you been cheating on me?" 

"Baby, we're not dating.  It's just a rumor," Jongin said. 

Then Hyejin's phone buzzed.  She took her hand away from Jongin and pulled her phone out.  She unlocked it and looked at the new notification.  It was an article with a picture of Krystal and Jongin kissing.  Right then she felt her world stop. 

"Babe, it's not what it looks like, alright?  Let me explain," Jongin said, desperately.  He grabbed her hand, but she slipped it out of his grasp. 

"P-please... just leave me alone." 

"No, baby, you have to hear me out." 

"Stop.  Right now, Jongin.  Please, stop..." 

Hyejin took a step back and looked at Jongin.  She was heartbroken.  She took one last look at him before she couldn't stand it anymore and made her way out of the building alone again, making sure that Jongin wouldn't go after her. 

"Kai!" Jongin heard one of s call him.  He turned his head and found Chanyeol coming towards him.  "Hmm?  I thought Hyejin was here." 

"Yeah... was..." Jongin said and frowned. 

"What happened?" 

"I did what I knew I was never to do to her ever..." 

"And that is?" 

"Break her heart." 

Jongin looked at Chanyeol, then down at the ground.  Tears were welling up in his eyes as he thought about what he had done to his innocent, lovely, girlfriend, Hyejin.  He knew about her ex-boyfriends and he promised himself and Hyejin that he'd never ever become like one of them, but he had just broken his promise right when she had found out. 

"I'm going to go home," Jongin told Chanyeol while trying to hide his teary eyes. 

"Did you want me to go with you?" Chanyeol asked. 

"No...  I'm just a little tired.  Hyejin gave me some painkillers earlier and it's making me drowsy." 

"Oh, okay then." 

The very next day, as soon as Jongin woke up, he grabbed his phone and texted Hyejin right away.  To keep him busy waiting, instead of checking his phone every five minutes, he went to shower and wash up then went to eat something. 

As he sat at the dining table and ate some cereal, he kept looking at his phone hoping for the screen to light up and display a message from Hyejin.  He was so focused on texting Hyejin that he didn't even notice his other members walking into the kitchen and mumbling and whispering about him. 

When Kyungsoo walked into the room and overheard what the other members were talking about, he looked at them, then Jongin.  He made his way over to his best friend and stood beside him.  It was only when Kyungsoo cleared his throat did Jongin look up. 

"Hmm?" Jongin hummed. 

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Yeah...  I'm fine." 

"No you're not.  What happened?" 

Jongin looked at everyone in the room and grew quiet.  When the others finally got the hint, they quickly left the room leaving the two of them to themselves. 

"So?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Well...  I made Hyejin cry and broke her heart," Jongin said and then bit his bottom lip to control himself.  "God... why am I so stupid!" 

"What happened?" 

"I've been cheating on Hyejin.  I don't know what got into me.  It just happened.  Krystal and I... we decided to hangout, but it became a little bit something more.  I couldn't stop, but when I finally forced myself to stop she came back again.  Then I realized I wanted more.  We've done nothing more than make-out, but I craved for her.  You know I used to like her a lot in our trainee days and all..." 

"Jongin, I don't know what to say." 

"Dammit, I'm so stupid.  All I did was hurt the one I love.  What the hell is wrong with me?!"  Jongin dropped his head onto his arms that were resting on the table and mentally cursed and killed himself on the inside. 

"No, you're not.  Don't say that.  Yeah, what you did was wrong, but were you still seeing Krystal even now?" 

Jongin wanted to lie and say no, but Kyungsoo was trying to help him and talk to him, so he nodded his head.  He kept his head down. 

"Well, you understand why Hyejin is upset, right?" Kyungsoo continued. 

"Yes," Jongin mumbled. 

"Was Hyejin not enough for you?" 

"No!  Of course not...  It's just that... I see Soojung a lot more often than I see Hyejin and I couldn't control myself when I see her.  She's just so nice and the way she sweet talks makes my stomach flutter." 

"Jongin who do you really love?" 

"Hyejin." 

"Then why does it seem like you love Soojung more?  From what you're telling me, it seems like your feelings are set on Soojung, not Hyejin." 

Jongin sighed.  There was a battle going on in his mind.  He knew already that he loved Hyejin and Hyejin only, but there was a small part of him that wanted Krystal. 

Actually Jongin forced himself to stop seeing Krystal a long time ago, but recently she convinced him to go out with him.  She knew that Jongin was dating Hyejin already, but she wanted to have her fun, too.  Of course she felt bad, but she thought that no one would ever find out and she could keep it a secret. 

"Kyungsoo, what am I going to do?!  I don't want my Hyejin to be upset.  I don't want her to leave.  I'm nothing without her." 

"Jongin, I can't say anything except for that you need to pick and be faithful." 

While Jongin was spilling his secrets and feelings to Kyungsoo, Hyejin was crying her heart out.  She hadn't gotten any sleep last night.  All she thought about was her Jongin.  How could this happen to her again?  She was so tired of it.  She wanted it to end right then and there. 

Slowly she got up from her bed when she kept hearing her phone buzz on her bedside table.  Nervously, she picked up her phone and unlocked her phone reading all the text messages from the one and only.  She read through them all and cried even harder, but didn't bother to reply to any of them. 

After reading the messages, she threw her phone onto her bed and went to use the bathroom.  Then she went into her kitchen and grabbed a cup of water.  She gulped it down in one go and put the cup into the sink and went to sit in the living room. 

Her roommate came out of her room and was about to cook up breakfast, but stopped when she noticed the sad Hyejin.  She went to sit beside Hyejin and asked her what was wrong. 

As Hyejin poured our out her feelings and told her roommate about what had happened yesterday, she cried and just couldn't stop.  Things were just crazy, she still couldn't believe that Jongin would do this to her. 

Around noon, her roommate apologized to her tell her that she'd be going to her parents for a week and that she would be home alone.  Her roommate was starting to change her mind when she saw Hyejin's sad facial expression, but Hyejin reassured her that she'd be fine and that she should go see her parents since it's been a long time since she'd been home. 

Hyejin went back to her room and her roommate began packing for her week.  As she packed her clothes, the doorbell rang.  She jumped up and went to get the door. 

When she had opened it she didn't expect to see the guy who had crushed her roommate's heart standing there.  "Wh-why are you here?" she asked. 

"I'm here to see Hyejin.  Is she here?" Jongin asked.  

"She's... uhh..." 

"Please, I need to talk to her." 

"I think she's sleeping right now, maybe you should come back later." 

Just then Hyejin came out of the bathroom and was in clear sight of Jongin. 

"J-Jongin..." Hyejin whispered. 

Her roommate stepped aside and allowed Jongin to come in.  He limped in and stood in front of Hyejin.  "I'm going to go and finish packing," her roommate said and went into her room while closing the door. 

"What are you doing here, Jongin?" Hyejin asked after the silence had become too much for her.  "And where are your crutches?" 

"I came to explain to you," Jongin replied.  On the inside he was happy because even though they were in this situation and Hyejin was proably beyond mad, she still cared and worried for me. 

"But... why?" 

"Why?  Because I love you, Hyejin.  I made a mistake.  I never meant for something like this to happen." 

Hyejin shook her head and tried to hold her tears in.  "Jongin, get to the point." 

"Baby, please believe me when I say that I love you, okay?  I love you so much.  I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but can you give me another chance?  Please?" 

"I-I don't know, Jongin.  I-I'm trying so hard not to cry right now and I can't f-focus.  Give me more time." 

Jongin felt even more terrible and guilty now.  She's so broken and he just wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go.  He took a step towards her and was reaching out to wipe her tears that were finally falling, but she jerked backwards and held her arms up close to her body trying to create some sort of wall between the two. 

"I-I'm sorry-" Jongin was saying until his phone rang. 

He pulled his phone out and saw the screen light up with Krystal's face.  He looked up at Hyejin and realized she had already seen his screen and turned away. 

"Answer it," Hyejin said. 

Jongin did as he was told and answered the phone.  "Hello?" 

"Hey, Nini.  Where are you?" Krystal asked in a cheerful voice. 

"Right now isn't a good time Krystal." 

"Huh?  What happened to 'Jung-ie' when you talk to me?" 

"Jung-ie, let's talk later, okay?" 

"Oppa," Krystal whined.  "I only have a couple of hours before I have to go to a schedule, though." 

"Then another day." 

"Hmm... okay, how about tomorrow then?" 

"Okay, sounds good." 

"Bye, Nini.  I'll call you later." 

"Bye." 

When they hung up, Jongin looked over to Hyejin and noticed more tears streaming down her cheeks.  He stepped towards her again. 

"Babe-" he tried saying. 

"Don't call me that!" Hyejin snapped. 

Jongin was taken aback when he witnessed Hyejin's anger.  Rarely ever did she get angry and never before had she ever been angry at him.  He was so surprised that he didn't know what to say. 

When Hyejin realized what she had done, her eyes widened and guilt rushed over her.  Her arms dropped to her sides and she stared at Jongin's shocked expression.  "I-I'm sorry...  I didn't mean to yell.  I-I...  I'm sorry, Jongin-ah." 

He shook his head.  Jongin knows he deserves to be yelled at.  He knows that what he has done was wrong and that he should be punished for it.  So he wanted Hyejin to yell at him.  Heck, he wanted her to go off on him, maybe even pound on his chest and get him to realize what his lost will be if things don't go the right way. 

After standing there for even after Hyejin's roommate left, Hyejin spoke up.  "Please leave, Jongin.  I need to sort things out right now.  As soon as I've made up my mind I'll come to you, alright?  I'm sorry... but please leave." 

Jongin nodded and turned around and slowly exited the apartment. 

 

 


Hi guys!  The next two chapters will be the two endings of this oneshot, okay?  Thanks for those who read!  I hope you enjoyed and anticipate the endings :)  Oh, and I just wanted to say the characters' actions and thinking is all based on fiction, I don't know if they'd really do this so... but anyways, the endings should come out soon.  Thanks again! 

 

~Angelflyer