Kiss goodnight

It started with a mistletoe kiss

[Emily’s POV]

 

Dujun literally grabbed Yoseob by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the nearest wall he could find – which was the outer wall of the apartment building. I have never seen Dujun this raged before. Well, maybe he had been like this before when he was defending me from those bullies in high school, but he was never to this extent. Probably because this was my first kiss, and that I’m his only younger sister.

 

“Why the bloody hell did you kiss my sister?” he growled loudly, inching Yoseob’s body higher off the ground, until his toes weren’t touching the ground anymore. “Speak up!”

 

“Dujun oppa! Stop it!” I yelled and hurried over to pry my brother’s muscular arms from tearing Yoseob’s shirt. “It’s not his fault anyway. I’m the one who should be blamed.”

 

Dujun released his grip, letting the frightened Yoseob stand on his feet, as he turned to look at me with incredulous eyes. “Why should you be blamed? He kissed you! He kissed my sister! Without my permission!” he raised his voice in a frustrated tone.

 

“Yes, we kissed, but it was me who went up to kiss him. Not him,” I glanced at Yoseob, making sure he was fine. Although he still had that terrified look in his eyes, he managed a smile. “He didn’t know that he was sitting under the mistletoe. I noticed there and thought why not? My brother put that thing up in his dining room anyway,” I made an innocent shrug as I indirectly shift the blame to Dujun.

 

Finally, Dujun calmed down, his shoulders relaxing slightly, “Well, it’s Christmas after all.” He turned around to face Yoseob and gave him a light pat on his shoulder, “And I guess you have the luxury to be person who steals my sister’s first kiss.”

 

“W-what?” Yoseob’s eyes suddenly widened with surprise as he glanced at me. “T-that was your first kiss?”

 

I just gave an innocent shrug, avoiding his eyes swiftly, as I tried to hide my reddening cheeks. Skillfully, I changed the topic of conversation, “Oh, look at the time! It’s getting late for me. I should be heading home now.” Stretching on my tippy toes, I managed a peck on Dujun’s cheek and ruffled his hair, “Please don’t act so rash next time, oppa. Goodnight!” I looked over at Yoseob and smiled politely, “I’ll be leaving now. Goodbye.”

 

“W-wait!” I heard Yoseob call as he caught up to my side. “Let me send you home.”

 

I glanced behind at Dujun, who was all-smiles with Yoseob’s offer. That means a green light. I looked back at Yoseob’s hopeful eyes and smiled, “That’d be nice.”

 

As we both started walking down the pavement, the thing I worried most that would happen happened: awkward silence. Good thing Yoseob is good at breaking the silence comfortably. “Dujun never told anyone that he has a sister,” he began, stuffing his hands in his coat pockets.

 

I stifled a laugh as I looked at the city lights before me, “He would never give off his sister’s position to his friends, especially. Hardly any one of his friends knows he has a sister. But I guess today’s a little different since now you know that he does have a sister.”

 

“Why wouldn’t he admit that he has a sister?” Yoseob inquired. “Is he like pampered by you or something?”

 

I giggled and looked at him while explaining, “No, Dujun oppa is a very protective brother ever since we were little. He doesn’t want his friends to try to get their hands on me. He’s afraid they might hurt me. But I guess you’re an exception.”

 

Yoseob’s eyes widened as the corners of his lips lifted slightly into a faint smile, “I am? What do you mean by an exception?”

 

I smiled shyly as I looked to the ground, “None of his friends ever get to send me home. Son Dongwoon, Lee Gikwang and Yong Junhyung – they all tried before but Dujun wouldn’t let. Junhyung oppa was close though, but too bad he was already dating someone else.”

 

I could’ve sworn Yoseob was doing a victory dance when he slowed down his pace and walked behind me. I turned around and as I expected, he was standing awkwardly with his hands behind his back and a really wide smile he was trying to hide and eyes as big as eggs fried sunny side up.

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

 

Oh, dear. Did she see me click my heels in the air? Or did she see my victory fist in the air? Whether or not she saw my oh-so-silly side, I regained composure and gestured her politely to lead the way down the pavement. Phew!

 

We passed by some little stalls that were still opened and living up the Christmas spirit. There were a couple of people who were still dressed as Santa, giving away little treats to children and passersby. One of them smiled at Emily as she looked through the window of the shop. “Wait for me here,” she turned to look at me with her sparkling eyes. “I’m just gonna look at some things here.”

 

So I waited for her as she entered the shop. The guy in the Santa outfit approached me, with his red bag of goodies. “Here’s a little something for you and your girlfriend,” he said in a hearty tone as he gave me two identical boxes but different coloured ribbons. “The blue one’s for you and the pink one’s for the special lady.”

 

“I’m sorry, but she’s not my-“

 

“Then treat it as a chance for you to make this an enjoyable occasion to her,” he said in a, surprisingly, wise tone. “I’m never gonna give you another chance other than today. Or else, you’ll have to wait another year,” he laughed jokingly, which naturally made me smile. “Good luck!” He ended it with a friendly wink.

 

Just then, the door opened with the jingle of bells and Emily stepped out of the shop with a smile on her face, “Ok, I’m done, Yoseob-sshi. Come on, let’s go!”

 

I took one more glance at the Santa guy and he was waving goodbye at me. I managed a smile and waved goodbye as I caught up with Emily. “So what were you looking for back there?” I asked.

 

“Just some small present for a friend,” she said, focusing her attention on the path before her. “We’re here.”

 

We’re here? That was fast. I looked up and scanned the place. We were in a neighbourhood, and the houses stretched on as high as the hill goes on. We had already covered part of the hill, which explains why I’m so breathless, and were standing outside one of the houses. “This is where you live?” I asked, looking at the cute and small two-storey high house that looked really comfy inside.

 

“It’s not that big,” she said with a shrug as she looked at her own house. “But it’s just nice for one or two people.”

 

“You live alone?” I asked with surprise, my voice squeaking at the end.

 

She giggled and gave a reasonable smile, “My mother stays here with me whenever she’s back in Korea, and that’s only a week or two in the summer. She travels a lot since she’s a typical businesswoman. So most of the time, I live alone.”

 

“Oh, I see,” I said quietly, not wanting to ask her too many personal questions. Change of topic. “Oh, um, this is for you,” I said quickly as I handed her the box with a pink ribbon on it. “Santa gave – uh, I mean the guy in the Santa costume just now gave me two gifts, and this is yours.”

 

She took it hesitantly and gently shook the box, “What’s in it?”

 

I shrugged idiotically, “I don’t know.”

 

She giggled lightly as she reached for her small sling bag, “Well, I got this for you.” She extended a taller box that’s wrapped in a much nicer packaging than the one I just gave her - pathetic me. “I thought it would be inappropriate to leave you without a present from me after sending me home.”

 

Reluctantly, I accepted her gift, “Uh, thank you. It’s very nice of you, Emily.”

 

“Have a merry Christmas, Yoseob-sshi,” she smiled warmly as she took a step backwards towards her house. “Goodnight!”

 

I have got to be better than this! “Emily! Wait!” I called out for her as I pointed to the streetlamp above her. She looked up, thinking it was something dangerous as her eyebrows arched in worry. I took one big step till I was directly in front her – good thing I was taller than her. With one swift dip, I placed my lips over hers in a light kiss. I felt her body freeze for a moment, not knowing what to do. Now this is Yang Yoseob.

 

After what seemed like a minute, I released her lips and looked into her confused and shocked eyes. I shrugged innocently and glanced to the light above us, “Oops, thought that was mistletoe.” I took a step back and smiled handsomely at her, “Goodnight, Emily!”


 

this story needs a poster, because I do not have a really wide range of Yoseob pictures o_o

haha! Anyways, thanks for reading and commenting <3