Is it true?

It started with a mistletoe kiss

[Emily’s POV]

 

Already I woke up late, now I can’t find my socks! Its five minutes to 7 and I’ve yet to even have breakfast. I scurried around my room, searching in dusty corners, under the bed, over the closet, inside the drawers, and finally, I found my socks under my computer keyboard. How the heck did these get there? There was no time to question; Dujun will be here anytime now.

 

I was sitting on the top of the stairs, pulling on my socks when I heard a car pull up at the front of the house. That must be Dujun! Hurriedly, my socked feet rushed down the steps to the living room. I grabbed my bag from the couch and rushed to the front door. While I was slipping on my shoes, I glanced at the car outside and I noticed it was a slightly different car. Did Dujun get a new car?

 

After making sure the shoelaces are secured tight, I locked the front door and made my way down the front lawn to the front gate. I exited through the metal gate and closed it, and as I turned towards the car then I noticed something. Why does my brother look so different than usual? Either that or that person waiting for me was someone else who doesn’t look a thing like Dujun. He turned around to look at you and you were surprised that it Yoseob waiting for you.

 

“Yoseob oppa? What are you doing here?” I asked, glancing around, expecting Dujun to suddenly come out from any corner.

 

Yoseob smiled, which made my heart flutter slightly, as he walked towards me with his hands in his front pockets, “I came to pick you up. Dujun… couldn’t make it. He’s… busy with something.”

 

I wouldn’t buy that excuse. “Oh well, I’m not surprised Dujun can’t make it. He has always been like this whenever I ask him to pick me up. Either that or he’s at least thirty minutes late,” I said with an I-don’t-care shrug. “I got used to it. No, scratch that – I got bored and sick of it.”

 

Yoseob chuckled lightly, locking gazes with me briefly – his eyes were so bright and sparkly, so gorgeous – and quickly shifted the awkwardness between us. “It would be best if your highness would get in the magical carriage, or else your highness will be late,” he said with the politeness of a gentleman.

 

I giggled at the term he used on me, but there was no time to tease back at him – I was really running late. I walked over to his car, which looked less fancy than Dujun’s. It was a normal-looking white car that seemed to fit his simple but bright personality. I entered the passenger seat as Yoseob got in beside me in the driver’s seat. “Buckle up your highness,” he said as he buckled his own seatbelt, “Safety first.”

 

Once I had already buckled in my seatbelt, Yoseob drove the car down the road out of the neighbourhood and into the main road. “Traffic’s quite good this morning. I think we’ll make it there on time,” Yoseob said calmly as he steered into another lane. “According to Dujun, you’re schooling in an arts academy?”

 

I nodded shyly, locking my attention to the road outside the window, “I’m learning to be a great pianist one day.”

 

Yoseob nodded approvingly and said, “You will. I know you will.” He steered into the street that leads towards the academy, and within minutes we arrived at the destination. He pulled up outside the gates, where some of the students were slowly streaming in.

 

“Thanks for picking me up and sending me here,” I thanked him as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

 

“It’s been my pleasure, your highness,” he said gentlemanly with a cheeky smile lingering on his lips. “I can even pick you up after your lessons end.”

 

“That won’t be necessary,” I politely refused.

 

“I insist,” Yoseob insisted. “But I won’t force you. Just give me a ring if you need me, and I’ll be there for you in a jiffy.”

 

I smiled at his generosity and hospitality, “Thank you, Yoseob oppa. You’re really nice.”

 

“Well, ‘nice’ is my middle name,” he shrugged with a proud face.

 

“Bye, Yoseob oppa! Thanks again!” I bid farewell as I opened the door and stepped out.

 

“Bye Emily! Have a great day in school!” he waved goodbye as I closed the door. I waved back as he drove away from the school compounds. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw my classmate, Son Dongwoon with his playful smile stretched across his lips.

 

“I’m guessing that wasn’t Dujun oppa’s car, neither was the driver Dujun oppa,” he said, which sounded weird because he called Dujun ‘oppa’. “So I’m guessing Yoseob oppa is your new boyfriend, eh?”

 

Automatically my hand flung towards his head but he was quick and dodged my attack. “He is not my boyfriend,” I quickly defended myself. “He was just sending me here, since Dujun oppa couldn’t make it here.”

 

“Oh really?” Dongwoon seemed slightly surprised. “I was having breakfast with Dujun hyung at his apartment just this morning.”

 

“That doesn’t make sense,” I wondered aloud. “He replied my text last night that he’ll come this morning, and he was having breakfast with you? It doesn’t make sense.”

 

Dongwoon paused for a moment as he put on his thinking cap on, “Well, it does make sense if I assume Yoseob was behind all this.”

 

I narrowed my eyes at him and folded my arms across my chest, “Now why would Yoseob oppa do that?”

 

---

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

 

I strolled in to my apartment, feeling free and happy as ever after sending Emily to her academy. I was so happy I almost didn’t notice the extra presence in the living room. I heard a clear cough coming from the living room couch and I spun around on my feet to see Dujun sitting on the couch with a like-a-boss expression on his face. In other words, he looked very arrogant, which he thinks is cool.

 

“Dujun hyung, what are you doing here?” I asked, trying my best to cover up my nervousness. “How did you get in here?”

 

He got up on his feet, with one hand in his pocket, and he strode towards me elegantly. “I should be the one questioning you here,” he said with a low voice as he finally looked up to glare in my eyes. “What have you done with Emily?”

 

My eyes widened as Dujun shoved his phone in my face. It took some time to get my eyes to focus on the text displayed on the screen of his phone.

 

Dongwoonie: Hyung, something’s telling me that Yoseob hacked your phone last night. He replied Emily’s message on your behalf.

 

I could tell my face was slowly showing guilt as Dujun kept his phone back in his pocket. “Now tell me, what did you do?” Dujun glared scarily into my eyes as he towered over me.

 

“Like she requested, I just picked her up on time and sent her to her academy. That’s all,” I quickly explained with honest eyes. “I’m not like Junhyung or Hyunseung, who would do something you’re thinking of.”

 

Dujun then relaxed and took a step back. “Oh, t-that’s… that’s nice of you, Yoseob,” he said softly.

 

I simply gave a genuine smile, “No problem. It was my pleasure. Besides, she was sick of you being late or not coming at all whenever she asks you to.”

 

Dujun scratched the back of his head with a sheepish look on his face, “Well… I can’t deny that.” After a while, the awkwardness eased out and Dujun sprawled himself on the couch again while I made quick drinks in the kitchen. Suddenly I heard his voice, “Yoseob-ah, you like my sister don’t you?”

 

I almost spilled coke out of the glass when I heard what he just said. I maintained my composure and narrowed my eyes at him, who was sitting up on the couch, with his arms folded on the back of the couch and looking at me with a cheeky look. “What makes you think so?” I asked him.

 

“It’s obvious!” Dujun sang happily as I came up to him and gave him a glass of coke. “You wouldn’t hack into my phone for anything.”

 

“I just wanted her number, and you refused to give it to me,” I quickly defended.

 

“You replied her text and pretended to be me, you sneaky little twerp!” Dujun narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously. “Come on, Yoseob. Admit it already. I won’t bite you; I just want to know the truth.”

 

I looked down at my hands, avoiding Dujun’s expectant gaze on me. After an awkward pause, I let out a sigh and admitted it, “Yeah, you’re right. I do have feelings for Emily.”

 

The response Dujun gave after admitted my true feelings for his sister was just a laugh; a laugh that sounded like a tease but at the same time happy. I glanced up at the crazy lunatic, who had ceased his laugh and got up from his seat as he approached me. “Yoseob-ah, I wouldn’t mind a brother-in-law like you,” he said comfortably with a playful wink as he messed with my hair.

 

OH YEAH BABY! THAT’S A GREEN LIGHT! A FREAKING GREEN LIGHT FROM THE CRAZY LUNATIC DUJUN!

 

---

 

[Emily’s POV]

 

“Ask Yoseob? I’m busy?” I read the text properly over and over again. I had asked Dujun to pick me up from the academy since it was starting to snow heavily, but his reply shocked me that I almost knocked into a pole while walking towards the gates. “Is he bloody serious?” I blew a puff of white smoke as I tried to warm myself in the shelter just outside of the academy.

 

“Em, is Dujun hyung coming soon or not?” Dongwoon walked up to you as he buried his cold fingers into his jacket pockets. “It’s going to snow even more in an hour or so.”

 

I couldn’t find the words to explain to him so I just showed him the text Dujun replied to me. It only took Dongwoon a second to register the conversation and his eyes widened so much that his eyeballs could pop out of their sockets. “You have to be kidding me!” Dongwoon gasped. “Is he bloody serious?”

 

Even Dongwoon agreed with me about my crazy brother. Just then another text came in, and it was from Dujun.

 

Dujun oppa: I’m bloody serious when I say I’m busy. Now go ask Yoseob to pick you up before the snow gets heavier.

 

Dongwoon read the text along with me over my shoulder, and after reading his text, we both exchanged looks with each other and agreed on the same thing. “Yep, he’s bloody serious,” we both chorused together.

 

“I guess we have to call Yoseob hyung,” Dongwoon said. “Go call him, Em. And make it quick!”

 

“Why should I?” I quickly shot back at him and crossed my arms across my chest. “You’re closer to him! I just met him yesterday!”

 

“But Yoseob hyung likes you,” Dongwoon said in a softer, teasing tone with a playful smile plastered on his cheeky face.

 

“No he doesn’t!” I stomped my foot and was about to smack his arm when he swiftly caught it in his hand.

 

“Before we start fighting and bickering about whether Yoseob likes you or not, why don’t we call him and get him to pick us up before we get stuck in the heavy snow?” Dongwoon said easily, with a smug ‘I won!’ expression on his face.

 

I rolled my eyes and dialed Yoseob’s number. He answered just before the second ring, “Hello?”

 

“Yoseob oppa, sorry for disturbing,” I said politely, glancing at Dongwoon who was making funny faces at me.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. I was just cleaning the kitchen. What’s up Emily? Is there anything that I can help?” he asked genuinely.

 

I bit my lip before explaining to him, “Well, actually Dongwoon and I need a ride back home urgently, before the snow gets heavier. Dujun oppa is busy and he can’t come to pick us up. Can you come and fetch us?”

 

“Sure, Emily, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” he replied within a second. “I’ll reach within ten minutes.”

 

“Thank you so much, Yoseob oppa!” I quickly said before he hung up. I was literally beaming from ear to ear but Dongwoon’s cheeky look immediately faded my smile.

 

“Told you he likes you!” Dongwoon teased with a playful laugh.

 

 

 


 

i think this is one of the longest updates for this story so far ^_^

I hope you like it! Thanks for reading and comments are loved <3