Sister

It started with a mistletoe kiss

[Emily’s POV]

 

Maneuvering through the crowd of people at the party, I quickly made my way to the door, exiting out of Dujun’s apartment. Once I was safely out of the loud music, I exhaled a sigh of relief. I brought my fingers to my lips, grazing the soft and warm flesh. “I kissed Yang Yoseob,“ I whispered  to myself and my smile widened. “I really kissed Yang Yoseob oppa.”

 

I squealed silently as my feet brought me down the corridor. Suddenly, the loud music from the party escaped from the door as the door opened. I heard footsteps and within seconds, I felt a hand grip around my wrist, twirling me around. I met my brother’s eyes.

 

“Oh, Dujun oppa,” I smiled briefly.

 

“Why are you leaving so early, Emily?” he asked. “The party just started.”

 

“I’ve already been there for an hour. Furthermore, mom told me not to attend any party with alcohol,” I narrowed my eyes at him.

 

“But this is your brother’s party. I’m sure mom allows it,” Dujun said.

 

“Something tells me that mom is not aware of this party,” I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him even more.

 

Dujun took a step closer, “Come on, sis. You’re finally 20 – you ought to have some fun and enjoy some time at my party, get to know some people and-“ He paused as he leaned his face towards me, so close I could practically smell the reek of alcohol from his mouth. He sniffed a couple of times before narrowing his eyes as he asked suspiciously, “Emily, have you been drinking?”

 

“What?” I snapped and took a big step back. “Now look who’s talking here!”

 

Dujun grabbed my elbow, pulling me close to him, “Then why do I smell beer from your mouth?”

 

My eyes widened as I sniffed my own breath – oh my god! My breath really did smell of alcohol! But how-- oh, hold on a second… The kiss – the kiss I had with Yang Yoseob. He was drinking beer before I kissed him. I lightly slapped my palm on my forehead as I sent a pathetic look at Dujun, “Oh, where did that smell get there?”

 

“Emily…” Dujun lowered his voice into a suspicious tone. “Don’t you dare hide anything from me…”

 

I leaned towards him, got on my tiptoes and quickly pecked on Dujun’s cheek, “Goodnight Dujun oppa!” And I quickly made my getaway down the corridor towards the elevator.

 

[Dujun's POV]

 

That little rascal. She will never admit anything that she’s done wrong. Now that she’s old enough to drink, she wouldn’t even admit that she drank. Geez, what a rascal. I head back inside my apartment and returned to the party. With the blasting music in the background, I bob my head to the music as I moved through the crowd. Then my eyes caught on Yoseob, who was craning his neck and scanning the crowd as though he was looking for someone. With a smirk printed across my lips, I stalked over to him and grabbed his shoulders.

 

“Hey, Yoseob!” I flashed my killer smile at him. “Looking for someone?” I bet it’s that IU girl…

 

“Yeah, yeah, she-“ he was about to continue when he noticed my suspicious look. In a more controlled and serious tone, he asked, “Did you happen to see anyone leave the apartment?”

 

I snickered and said, “Hmm, looking for your angel?”

 

His eyes started to widen with panic. I heard footsteps from behind and then Junhyung’s laugh as I felt him drape his arm around my neck. Junhyung brought his phone up to Yoseob’s tiny face as he said, “Oh, I’ll say…”

 

Yoseob’s eyes widened to the verge that his eyeballs could almost pop out of their sockets. I just had to laugh although I have no idea what Junhyung had just showed him. Junhyung was already hollering with laughter as Yoseob rolled his eyes and huffed in frustration as he walked past us towards the door.

 

I grabbed Junhyung’s trembling body who was laughing really hard as I took the phone from his hands. “What picture did you show him?” I asked as I looked at the picture – Yoseob was sitting down on one of the small couches in the dining room and kissing a girl who was standing before him, and they were both directly under the mistletoe. Why does the girl look so familiar?

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

She wouldn’t have gone far, would she? I made my way out of that noisy apartment. I can’t believe Junhyung would have gotten that picture of me. How embarrassing! Ugh, those jerks. I quickly made it to the elevator, which brought me down to the ground floor. Just when the doors opened, I saw a slight glimpse of a petite figure just outside the entrance doors of the apartment building. Was that her?

 

Sprinting out of the elevator, I rushed to the door where I last saw the figure. I stepped out into the cold night and looked around the pavement. There was no one to the left, but to the right – was she wearing a grey coat? I couldn’t remember, but I did remember those cute ballerina flats – and this person in front of me was wearing the same ones.

 

I approached her quietly – she seemed to be waiting for a car, or a taxi, maybe. Gently, I tapped her shoulder and she turned around – and true to my instincts, that’s her alright. Her brown beautiful orbs, the milky white skin, those pink luscious lips and that cute short hairdo. Her eyes widened as she recognized me immediately.

 

“It wouldn’t be fair if you knew my name and I don’t know yours, would it?” I managed to say with a killer smile despite my heart beating like crazy in my chest.

 

She smiled shyly, which practically took my breath away and stopped my heartbeat for a second. She lowered her eyes as a small smile naturally lifted the corners of her lips. “The name’s Emily,” she spoke in a soft voice that seemed to block out all other noises coming from the road beside us. “Emily Yoon, a relative of Yoon Dujun.”

 

My eyebrows rose slightly when she said she was related to that jerk, “Relative? Are you his cousin?”

 

She giggled, a sound like the twinkle of bells in the air, and shook her hear, “Nope. I’m his-“

 

Her sentence was cut off when something over my shoulder seemed to catch her attention. “YANG YOSEOB-SSHI!” I heard a familiar voice roar from behind.

 

I turned around and saw an infuriated Dujun coming towards me, no, scratch that – An angry bull charging towards me. Within a second, he was already right in front of me, lifting me to my toes by the collar of my shirt. His face was literally coloured red like a fuming chimney as his frown etched many crease lines on his forehead. “Why the hell did you kiss my sister?” he growled.

 

Oh… This is just great. Just great.

 

 

 

 


 

sorry for the really late update. its already past new year's and the story is still in xmas!! haha!

anyways, thanks for reading! hope you comment at least a little and I'll come back with more updates alright? ^^

Happy reading loves <3