25th December: Christmas Party

It started with a mistletoe kiss

[No one’s POV]

 

In the heart of Korea, the freezing cold wind blew across the tall skyscrapers. With the cold temperature, people of Seoul were shivering to the bones as they hurry home from work to make it for their own joyous occasion. A grand feast awaits each of them but what they can’t wait for is the warm and comfortable interior of their home.

 

Throughout the streets of Seoul, lights were fixed on Christmas trees, making the place even livelier than always. At every inch of the road, the vibrant sounds of bells jingled in the lively atmosphere, accompanied by the hearty ho-ho-ho laughter of the mascots representing Santa in bright red suits. Kids run around happily, free gifts in their mitten-gloved hands as they cheer and sing along to the music being played.

 

Among the joys and fun-filled laughter of the children, Yang Yoseob could only smile at the happiness the atmosphere he is in. With hands deep in his down jacket pockets, Yoseob swiftly maneuvered his way through the crowd, focusing his gaze on the ground below.

 

[Yoseob’s POV]

 

What is wrong with me? Why am I acting like this? Why am I such a loser? Just a little rejection by some girl can bring my whole life down within a matter of minutes? Yeah right, Yang Yoseob. Get a grip of yourself. Everyone is enjoying their time because its Christmas, and you ought to be happy too. No use moping and looking down on this joyous day – you’ll just look like a stick in the mud. “I can do this!” I muttered strongly to myself, releasing a cloud of mist in front of me. “Yang Yoseob, you will be happy because it’s Christmas!”

 

Just as I finished uttering those motivating words, I finally arrived at my destination. I entered the warm interior of the lobby and headed straight for the elevator. I pressed the highest number located by the side of the elevator wall. The shiny silver walls opened with a ding! at the 20thstorey, revealing a high-class corridor, complete with red carpet and velvet walls.

 

I walked down the quiet hallway – there were occasional laughter and children’s squeals as I passed by the first few doors. Reaching upon the last door of that particular corridor, I could hear a loud deep bass emitting from within the apartment. I sighed – it’s a good thing that the apartment is the last of that corridor, away from the normal residents. And it’s even better that the interior is soundproof.

 

“Oh! Yang Yoseob!” I heard Yoon Dujun’s tipsy voice through the intercom, but mostly was overwhelmed by the loud blasting music. “You made it!”

 

“Just let me in, you bastard,” I muttered as I waited for the door to open.

 

Beeping a jingle, the door unlocked and the door opened, blasting my ears with the deafening music. Dujun’s face appeared around the side and he smiled at me, “Come in come in, Yoseob. Welcome to the party!”

 

He slung his arm around my shoulders and tugged me into his apartment suite. It was filled with people, but it’s a good thing it wasn’t packed like normal parties would – he only invited certain people who had close acquaintance with him, so I recognized most of the people there. Since its Christmas, Dujun made sure that it was a meaningful party – but he just had to blast music and bring in the bottles and cans of beer. I smiled politely at the familiar faces until a pair of too-familiar eyes caught mine.

 

I tugged harshly on his shirt, pulling him to a corner as I hissed into his ear, “Why is she here?”

 

Dujun’s eyes widened as he looked around the room, “Who?”

 

“You know who!” I hissed again but when his eyes still couldn’t focus on the particular person, I gripped his jaw and directed his eyes to the said person. “Tell me why is she here?”

 

“IU-sshi or Suzy-sshi?” Dujun asked, earning a whack on the head with my hand. I glared at him while he worked his gears in his brain before he got the brilliant answer, “Oh! Her… Well, IU is one of my friends after all. How come you’re all pissed about her presence? I thought you liked h-“

 

“Yeah, I used to like her, until she rejected me just now,” I mumbled the last few words but Dujun understood it easily by my facial expression.

 

“Oh… so our dear Yoseobie is heart broken, eh?” Dujun made a pathetic pout as he pinched both my cheeks. I slapped his hands away with a sour face and he simply laughed.

 

“It’s not funny, Yoon Dujun,” I said through gritted teeth.

 

Dujun patted his palm on my cheek, a little too hard as he said, “Cheer up! You’re at my party now! No one mopes around at my party.”

 

Pulling me out from the corner, Dujun locked his arm around my small torso and forced me towards the girls, towards you-know-who. And when her eyes made contact with mine, I regretted it in an instant – it was like her cold gaze pierced through my eyes straight to my eyes. She smiled, though it didn’t reach her eyes, and I just managed a smile back before keeping my eyes glued to the floor.

 

“Hello, IU-sshi, Suzy-sshi,” Dujun greeted them oh-so-gentlemanly while I just stiffened in his strong grip. “How’s the party going so far?”

 

The voice that I didn’t want to hear rang through my ears, “It has been fun, Dujun oppa. I really love your party!” I winced slightly, shifting uncomfortably until I heard my name slip through her lips so gracefully and I froze, “Yang Yoseob-sshi, annyeong!”

 

Glancing up at her, I just managed a smile with an almost inaudible voice amidst the noise surrounding us, “Annyeong… IU-sshi.”

 

Dujun sensed the uncomfortable awkwardness – thank god! – and he quickly said, “Well, Yoseob here just arrived. You girls enjoy your time here while I bring this kid in.”

 

Once he pulled me away from them, I could finally heave a sigh of relief, but my good feeling quickly dissipated when I heard an oh-so-familiar voice. “Hyung! You look like you just escaped death,” Dongwoon teased.

 

“Yeah, what happened there?” Junhyung came in; his ever-so-famous smirk riding on his lips. “You seemed to freeze like ice in front of IU-sshi.”

 

“Really?!” Gikwang squeaked as he came up to my side. “How come, how come? Did something happen?”

 

Hyunseung chimed in, “Yah! Just spill it will you?”

 

I glanced up at them, who were just chilling on the couch that was pushed the farthest wall of the living room, cans and bottles of beer in their hands – except for Dongwoon, who seemed to be happily on his red and white candy. I sighed, flopped down on the seat beside me and grabbed a can of beer, “You guys are hopeless.”

 

“Yah! How dare you say that!” Junhyung retorted back. “You’re the one who’s hopeless – one small girl rejects you and you look as though you’re a walking zombie.”

 

“Yoseob got rejected?” everyone except Dujun and Junhyung squeaked.

 

“Whoa, whoa, hold on for a sec,” I said before the boys could shoot questions at me as I glared into Junhyung’s unreadable eyes. “How the hell do you know about this?”

 

“I told you already, both Dujun and I are telepaths,” Junhyung joked drunkenly. The boys threw empty crushed cans at him for the lame joke. I simply rolled my eyes – I needed to get out of that place. Since everyone’s attention was at Junhyung, I had the opportunity to slip away from the room, unnoticed.

 

I smiled at my sweet victory and noticed I was in the dining room, where no one was around. There was an open area – the balcony – beside it, allowing some of the cold wind in. Obliviously, I sat down on one of the cushioned seats beside the glass doors. Sipping on my beer, I didn’t hear footsteps approaching me – I was utterly oblivious of my surroundings.

 

Finally, after my fifth chug of beer down my throat, I noticed a pair of shiny ballerina flats on the floor before me. Slowly I looked up, until my eyes met another pair of eyes – no, scratch that, a pair of luminous brown orbs. My mouth fell ajar as I just fell into a trance at the angelic sight before me. I just stared, oblivious of how dorky I looked, until a beautiful tinkle sounded in my ears. I blinked and I realized it was a giggle.

 

With my head out from cloud nine, I finally saw the girl standing before me – she was probably in her early-twenties, with beautiful eyes and a bright smile, and a short cute bob for her hair. Overall, she was pretty – way prettier than IU, I must say. She giggled again and I quickly straightened, “Uh, um, can I help you or something?”

 

She pointed her dainty finger towards the ceiling as her eyes glanced upwards. I followed her eyes and saw that green, awkward thing hanging above my head – it looked so freaky like some sword ready to let go of its hold on the ceiling and slice through my head. I gulped nervously as I heard her beautiful voice again, “Mistletoe.”

 

I froze in my seat as I noticed her bending her face down towards mine. Before I could react or do anything, her soft and gentle lips met mine, blinding me in a blissful kiss. Suddenly, my brain could function fast and I reacted quickly – before she could retreat and break the kiss, I leaned forward and kissed her back, closing my eyes. I could feel her awkwardly tensed at the sudden movement as she slowly broke away. I opened my eyes and met her beautiful orbs once again – her smile made her angelic features complete.

 

“Merry Christmas, Yang Yoseob-sshi,” she quietly said, biting her bottom lip shyly. With a quick wink, she walked away and into the noisy living room. I wanted to chase her but I was too frozen with surprise at the miracle that just happened. My heart was beating wildly it might just break my ribcage and burst through my chest. Placing a hand on my chest, I smiled to myself as I replayed the stunning moments that happened just seconds ago. Her beautiful eyes, her smile, her soft lips on mine, and her melodic voice – especially when she said my name-

 

“Hey, how did she know my name?” my eyes widened as I thought aloud. “I didn’t even know hers!”

 

Rushing to the living room, where the party was still going on, I craned my neck and scanned the crowd to look for her. Swiftly coursing my way through the bodies of the party-goers, my attempts to find her were in vain as I bumped into Dujun.

 

“Hey, Yoseob!” he had an unusually wide smile on his face as he held on to my shoulders. “Looking for someone?”

 

“Yeah, yeah, she-“ then I realized, how the hell did Dujun know about this? I glared at him as I said in a careful tone, “Did you happen to see anyone leave the apartment?”

 

Dujun snickered as he said, “Hmm, looking for your angel?”

 

My eyes widened as I noticed Junhyung coming up from behind Dujun. He slung his arm around Dujun’s neck easily as he brought his phone to my face. He smirked as my eyes went really wide at the picture – the picture of me kissing the girl just now under the mistletoe, “Oh, I’ll say…”

 


 

>> was supposed to post this first chapter on christmas day itself but since i'll be vacationing at that period, it wouldn't hurt to post it early right?

Ain't a crime *smirk*

Please do comment and I'll update real soon :)

Happy reading lovess<3