Again and Forever

Hold me in my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun freezes upon hearing her voice again. It's been a while, but even so, he's still frozen in fear at his mother and the idea of what she's capable of doing. Especially now that he knows some of the lengths she went through just so she could keep his past from him.

He's nervous, completely and utterly nervous. He's panicking, but at the corner of his eye, he sees Sehun calling someone on the phone and relaxes a bit. He could only assume and hope it's going to be Chanyeol, and that thought is enough to give him a bit of courage to stand up to his mother.

“Baekhyun, how do you explain all this?” His mother demands from the get go. She continues standing there by the door, never moving to sit on one of the seats available nor moving to hug her only son. She was never the affectionate type of mother.

“Explain what, mother?” Baekhyun is fuming. He always thought his mother would be repentant enough once they saw each other again. That she would apologize for the pain he made Baekhyun go through. Say sorry for all the lies and deceit she had made Baekhyun believe all these years. "Aren't you the one who should be saying sorry to me?"

"I have nothing to apologize for." Mrs. Byun scoffs. She stands so sure of herself, a trait she's always carried within herself for being a CEO of a very successful empire that she's built over the years. "I did everything for you and it was all for the best."

She is still infallible, and blinded. Blinded to the truth and only seeing what she wants and accepts. For her, the decision to keep Baekhyun away from Chanyeol and this poor life he could've experienced has been for her son's best interest. And also their company, for Baekhyun is their sole heir.

That's why she focused on training Baekhyun to be the CEO he was destined and born to be. Not this apron wearing simpleton that she despises. "Let's go, Baekhyun."

She's so sure that Baekhyun would follow her that she didn't even wait for a response before turning back and starting to leave the café. But Baekhyun didn't follow. Not this time.

Not anymore.

"What are you doing, son? Come on. Our flight is in an hour." Mrs. Byun's starting to sound impatient now.

"No, mother." Baekhyun states, defiant and sure. He's not going to be controlled by his mother again. "It's time you ask for my forgiveness for ruining my life."

"Ruining it? I'm saving you from ruining it yourself." Mrs. Byun glares, turning back and focusing on his son. For the first time, she actually looks at him and sees him. She doesn't like what she sees. It reminds her of years ago when Baekhyun first met that boy named Chanyeol and he looked changed.

"I made you who you are today. So stop whining and come with me. To the place where you belong."

Baekhyun's eyes are alive again. It doesn't look dull like it always does, and she cannot accept the fact that being with Park Chanyeol is the reason for this change in her son. Her son who she reared to be the perfect heir for their empire. The one she brought up to be ruthless in the face of business.

Yet here he is. Looking every bit as Mrs. Byun's nightmare. A totally different person from the son she needed and wished him to be.

"You were never a mother to me, Mrs. Byun. How can you know what's best for me? All my life, you only saw me as a machine to be trained and shaped as your future heir, never as a person." Baekhyun's fists are clenched at his sides. He's struggling to control his anger, pain and disappointment. "You never loved me."

"Love? Is that what that Chanyeol guy has been making you believe? This isn't love Baekhyun."

"Then what is? You don't even know what love is because you don't know how to love, mother. I was never a son to you."

"You are a son to me, Baekhyun. What are you talking about? You're my only son, sweetheart." Mrs. Byun's tone changes to a sweet one. Trying hard to console Baekhyun as if he is still the little kid who always believed whenever his mother acts like this. Baekhyun isn't that anymore.

Baekhyun firmly shakes his head no. "Not anymore. I stopped being your son the moment you stopped thinking about me and only thought of yourself."

Her mother stares him down but ultimately calms down and goes back to her old self. No more acting like a good mother, not that she ever was. "Take him." She orders her guards and Baekhyun goes on guard.

Sehun runs to him and readies to protect him from the approaching guards of her mother. It's a bit funny how the skinny form of Sehun tries to pretend to be good at any kind of protecting. Before Baekhyun could worry though, the doors opened and revealed Chanyeol with Minseok and Luhan.

"You can't take him away from me anymore!" Chanyeol shouts at Baekhyun's mother before taking the place by his husband's side. Baekhyun feels relieved from just seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter