CHAPTER 1:

Tutor for Nichkhun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wooyoung just got out from the bus when his best friend immediately appeared in front of him.  It was a Wednesday morning and the third day of the school year.  It was the first time Wooyoung went to the school.  It was also the first time they saw each other for that week.

 

 

“You’re late, Youngie. I’m already here for one hour.”  JunHo complained to him

 

 

Junho had a funny way of saying his name.  Instead of calling him as Wooyoung, he preferred to call him Youngie.  When he asked him about it, Junho just told him that his skin was so fair and white that it’s so unfair.  Wooyoung didn’t get the connection between his question and the answer Junho gave him.  It was one of his biggest frustrations actually. He always wanted to get a tan but his mother doesn’t want him to.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Junho.  The traffic was jammed.”  Wooyoung said as they walked towards the university.  “Where is my college’s building?” he asked.

 

Wooyoung was a transferee from Busan.   His mother was transferred to Seoul because of her work.  Wooyoung was on his third year in college with the course, Chemical Engineering. 

 

His mother was working in a bank in Busan.  They were both fine living together.  Busan was his mother’s hometown. They have been living there ever since Wooyoung was born.  He was the only child of his parents.  His mother didn't marry again after his father died in an accident.  For Wooyoung, he will not object if his mother decided to get married again.  It has been years since his father died and he wants his mother to be happy. 

 

 

But his mother said he didn't need to marry again.  She said she was contented with taking care of him, which he found very sweet. 

 

 

Last month, his mother was promoted in her work making her a branch manager in Seoul that’s they needed to transfer.   Wooyoung just finished his last semester in his previous school and then started completing the requirements for his transfer.  

 

When he learned that they will be moving to Seoul, he told his mother that he will be transferring to the University where Junho studies.  He also wished to move in the same neighbourhood where his best friend lives. 

 

 

Junho also lived before in Busan.  They were classmates since elementary until high school.  He moved to Seoul because his mother live there.  His parents were divorced.  According to Junho, his  parents had an arrangement that his father will take care of him until he graduates in high school while his mother will support him in college.  

 

Before, Wooyoung felt pity towards his best friend because of his unique life story.  But when he saw how happy Junho was, he realised that maybe Junho already accepted this setup.  In fact, he even admired Junho for being strong.

 

 

“Just be thankful that I’m generous.”  Junho said.  “I already processed your papers. Let’s go to the admin to pay your tuition.”

 

 

“I’m really sorry Junho.  Thank you.”  Wooyoung said to him.  “And for that, I’ll treat you ice cream.”

 

“Are you bribing me?” Junho chuckled.  “Do you really want to treat me or just an excuse for you to eat ice cream?”

 

 

“No, I really want to thank you, Junho.” 

 

“Fine.  I want chocolate.”   

 

 

+++++++++        

 

 

 

Wooyoung hated waiting. But he can’t do anything but wait for the bus to arrive.  He has been sitting at the waiting shed for twenty minutes now.

 

Moments passed, the bus finally came.  Wooyoung always wanted to sit near the driver, however, his favourite spot was already taken by an old lady.  He then decided to sit at the back of the bus.  That was his second favorite spot.  He really didn’t want to have someone sit beside him.  

 

They were able to process his enrolment earlier with the help of Junho.  It was the first week of classes and it was still irregular.  He attended a class which only focused on introductions.  Him and Junho were not classmates so they only  just met in the cafeteria. 

 

So far, Wooyoung can say that he likes the school.  He made friends with his second class, Biology.  They were only few and the instructor dismissed the class early. 

 

After a while, the bus left.  He really wanted to spend some time with his best friend but Junho has to attend a meeting with his organisation so he just let Wooyoung go home.  Wooyoung soon felt that the bus is getting crowded as a lot of people are already standing inside the bus.  

 

Wooyoung rolled his eyes.  If he has a choice, he will squirm his way out of the bus.  Then suddenly, he felt something touched his knees.  The person who’s sitting beside him gives way to allow more space.  What a gentleman — Wooyoung thought

 

Wooyoung really likes a person who is a gentleman. He was a bit disappointed as the guy next to him seemed to be taken already.  He saw the girl beside him kept on smiling while looking at him.

 

Well, if he is in the position of the girl, he will definitely smile that wide as the said guy is very handsome. 

 

Wooyoung can’t help but stare at the guy.  His skin was so fair and looked soft.  However, he has this cold aura.  He seemed to be aloof and unapproachable.  Other passengers also looked at him but there was reluctance.  But the mysterious air that surrounded him intrigued Wooyoung even more.  And it made him even more interesting to look at. 

 

He must have sensed that someone was looking at him because the guy turned to look at Wooyoung.   Wooyoung immediately threw his gaze somewhere.  He didn’t want to look creepy. 

 

As the bus kept on going, passengers kept on adding as well.  Wooyoung wanted to complain.  Soon, he felt the guy beside him stood up and offered his seat to one of the passengers.   Again, he found the gesture so gentlemanly. 

 

 

Wooyoung again let himself look at the guy.  He thought that the gesture was so noble and selfless.  He can’t stop admiring the guy.  As he raised his gaze again to stare at him, Wooyoung saw the guy looking at him as well — eyebrows furrowing.  As if he recognised him.  Wooyoung felt a shiver down his spine.  He immediately looked away and thought how weird the situation was.

 

++++

 

 

“I’m really so excited, really!!!”

 

 

“Stop it Kwon, you’re being an embarrassment to my friend.” Junho told his friend, Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter