❀ La Fille Qui Criât Au Loup ❀

Vanilla Scent
 

CHAPTER 004

 La Fille Qui Criât Au Loup

 

JungK ook POV :

In the dining table:

“Your father and I have work tonight, we’ll probably be here by tomorrow morning, so don’t wait for us!” My mother stated.

“Yes!” Both Hana and I replied at once.

“So how was your college, did you get to make any friends?” She asked looking at me.

“We kind of made enemies on the first day” Hana answered instead.

“How about you, JungKook” She asked sounding uninterested in Hana’s reply.

“You already heard from her, and you already know I’m not the type to make friends” I coldly added.

“He’s right! It’s no time to be making friends, Medical school isn’t that easy and you’ll find a lot of concurrence!” My father commented.

“You’re the pride of the family! Don’t forget! Eat well” My mother caressed my back as she put some meat in my plate.

“I’m already full, can I excuse myself for today?” Hana suddenly told.

“Yeah! Go rest” My mother agreed.

A few minutes later, I was in my room playing video games when Hana suddenly barked in and lay down on my bed as she started speaking annoyingly.

“Are you still mad because of that girl?” She started off.

“Do I seem like mad to you?” I denied.

“Yeah! A lot too!” She smirked.

“For god sake, leave now!” I turned rapturous.

“Just admit it! What she said was all true; you never had emotions since that day” She added with a serious tone.

“Either you leave or I will” I exhaled.

“You never listen to me; I’m doing this for your sake. Until when are you planning to stay like this?” She continued with a louder voice so I kicked the joysticks and left slamming the door after me. She had been nagging me this much for a week already and I got fed up with that. Therefore, I decided to get out and breathe some air.

It was raining yet I didn’t keep the limit speed and drove at the speed of 180 km/h, withal, it was a familiar route without much traffic.

However, at one point, I bumped into some girl…again. She was crossing the street reluctantly drenched to the skin and rivulets of water ran down her shivering body. But this time, the car actually hit her unlike this morning with the rude girl.

“Darn it!” I muttered to myself and parked the car aside agitatedly then left to check if she was okay.

I approached her but she was standing still in the middle of the street sitting on the ground looking depressed.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I lent her my hand but she didn’t look up, so I touched her left arm and repeated anxiously: “Don’t you feel well?” But she groaned in pain as I did so.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” I halted my sentence half way when she stood up on her own, I was able to get a glimpse of her face and it surely was the same girl.

“Oh! It’s you again?” My tone changed directly but she over passed me superciliously which made me which exasperated me more so I grabbed her arm and turned her over. She didn’t even resist in return; her body appeared fragile unlikely.

“Do you have a desire to suicide or something?” I yelled at her.

“I don’t know” She mumbled underneath her nose.

The car drivers got irritated and started nagging, one car even passed us by and almost hit her but I roughly pulled her aside and added: “Why are you here this late?” I lowered my tone this time however she kept replaying the words: “I don’t know”

After realizing, I noticed she wasn’t even wearing shoes nor did she have anything on other than a knee-length dress already soaked in water, thus I threw my jacket on her quivering body.

I heaved a deep sigh then dragged her to the side of the street and added: “Look! At least tell me your address so I can drive you there”

“I don’t know” She added once again.

“This crazy girl, really! Do you drink a drug-medicine or something?” I commented out of rage.

“I don’t know! I don’t know anything; can’t you just leave me alone?” She spat on me out of the blue. I got stunned by that so I stuttered: “Is everything going okay?”

“I don’t know, I don’t even know what to feel anymore; so just stop provoking me…Please” She added with a lower pitch as she looked away when a tear skipped her eye.

She was burdened by the glares of the people passing by as she continuously moved her eyes right and left uncomfortable.

*She must be type which doesn’t love to cry in front of others* I thought to myself as I gazed at her.

I hesitated a bit then ended up pulling her close to my chest awkwardly.

After awhile of staying like that, she suddenly stopped crying and I didn’t shake or sob anymore, I slowly shook her body: “Hey…”

Her head swayed back and her eyes were closed, she obviously fell asleep after getting tired of crying.

 

Tae Yon POV :

When I reached the house it was 5 pm, I helped my mother with the shop and then by 7 pm we were having dinner so I asked her: “Mom… The thing is, what does it mean when you’re all close and comfortable with someone but then out of the blue; they decide to ignore you and treat you like a complete stranger?”

“Seeing you curious about such a social question freaks me out; it’s so unlike you” She teased.

I quickly added: “Right?! Just don’t mind me! I obviously worked harder than usual today” I laughed it off.

After a pause, she spoke: “It all depends on the person who’s being treated that way... Usually, if you study the matter you’d be able to find the answer; and the only way to get that last is to try and get closer to that person.”

“It’s a bit confusing but I guess I get your idea; you’re mentioning that she’s doing so while hiding a given reason” I replied analyzing her point.

“So it’s a ‘she’” She added teasingly.

“Eh?... I got caught” I complained.

“Give it your best” She tried to cheer on me.

“Mom! I’ve got to go somewhere” I told as suddenly thought of the motorcycle Yerin kept gazing at this morning and decided to get a part-time job to pay for it.

I grabbed my jacket and umbrella then headed off.

 

JungK ook POV :

I was pondering about what I should do with her since she didn’t have phone nor did I know any mutual friends so I ended up seeking help from Hana. I reached out for my phone and dialed her number.

“What do you want?” She directly answered as soon as she replied.

“Are they there yet?...I mean my parents” I asked with a low voice so that the girl won’t wake up.

“Not yet but why are you muttering? Did you get in trouble?” She asked.

“Look! Tell Ms. Lee to prepare a chamber, I’m bringing a friend along” I ordered.

“What? Why won’t he just sleep with you in your room, Ms.Lee already went back home; her shift is done” She replied and I choke up at her statement.

I cleared my throat and uttered along: “It’s impossible, I can’t” I awkwardly coughed it up.

“Ah!! I see… It’s a girl” She said with a teasing tone.

“It’s not how you think; I don’t even know her name yet! Though it’s our third time to meet” I added.

“Fine! I’m even surprised you know a girl… She can stay in my room if you want” She suggested.

“Is it really okay with you? I mean she might be so loud and rude; that’s from my first impression of her. And I don’t believe you’ll really be pleased when you see her” I found myself dissing her out of the blue. Just then, I felt my shoulder shaking and I could feel her unstable breathing echoing in my left ear; I directly shifted my attention to her as I shook her body: “Hey! Are you fine?!”

She hardly stuttered a word: “Br…Breath…Breathe” She was trembling so hard that I couldn’t quite understand but she definitely was trembling from cold so I covered her with my cardigan and added my jacket above and stayed with a half-sleeve casual shirt.

I didn’t think much and held her trembling body slowly bridal style and headed to the car then forcefully opened the car and laid her on the seat next to mine. She was breathing hardly and after checking her forehead temperature, it didn’t seem she had a fever so I assumed it was either an allergic reaction or Asthma reaction.

“Yah! Can you hear me?! Don’t you have your medicine here?” I asked while checking if she had anything with her but nothing to be found.

She signaled to me with her hand as she kept coughing non-stop.

“Water?.. Breath?...” I kept guessing until it hit me: “Inhaled corticosteroids?”

She nodded while wheezing so I reassured: “Wait here! There’s a pharmacy right there, I’ll get it for you”

It was freezing cold that I believed snow will fall anytime soon. I walked to the pharmacy with a palpitating heart… Maybe, I didn’t want it to happen like it did that day one year earlier.

“Excuse me… There’s a patient right here, she needs Iinhaled corticosteroids? Can I have it, hurry please! It’s urgent”

“ I suggest you to give her Short-acting beta2-agonists Since you said she’s out of breath… There you go” She said as she handed them to me; I paid her and rushed out.

“Customer, your check” The pharmacist uttered but I didn’t listen and just run in the speed of light to the car.

When I arrived she was sweating so hard and wheezing so I directly placed the medicine close to her face so she can inhale it. She accidently held my hand whilst inhaling but I didn’t move until she finally breathed a deep breath then lost energy as she threw her head and rested it in my hand; her heart beats settled back to normal. So I sighed in relief: “Thank god”

All along Hana was yelling on the phone: “Ya! Jeon JungKook! What happened! Can you hear me?”

I picked up the phone and answered: “It’s fine! Don’t worry…After all; I guess I must bring her home today! We’ll think of a way when I get there”

“Okay! Thank god! I thought something had happened” Her voice was shaky and full of anxiety.

“Sorry, I scared you” I apologized then hung up: “I’ll be right back”

I then slowly get rid of her grip on my hand and laid her head back on the seat and drove back to my house.

Tae Yon POV :

 

I just walked the street energetically; I was thinking of the job which could apply to me. After checking few stores and by chance I passed by a convenience store that had some advertisement hung in the window looking for a cashier.

I directly got in and greeted: “Good evening, I’m here for the advertisement you…”

Before finishing my sentence, the boss there came to me and said: “You came just in time!”

“Yes… But I was thinking… If possible, can I have shift only after school because I’m a college student…” I explained awkwardly.

“Yes, I just lost the employer in charge of the night shift. But, is this your first time doing part time jobs?” He asked.

“Yeah…” I hummed then added: “Oh! But we have a small plant shop and I help my mother there so I’m familiar with this kind of jobs”

“Great! So you’ll overcome a small test; the next customer to get in, you will serve him/her” He spoke so fast as if he was followed by someone.

“I got it!” I nodded.

“One more thing, here’s our apron and the cap too” He handed them to me. Just then, a customer walked in.

JungK ook POV :

When we almost arrived, she started mumbling: “Mom…Dad…”

I checked to see if she woke up but she had her eyes closed tightly but her lips seemed so bone dry as she repeated the words. *Ps: I’m not being a ert here!*

I parked my car at the closest convenience store and went inside; I picked up one bottle of water and took my way to pay until it crossed my mind that I hadn’t dinner yet and the maid left already so I decided to get noodles.

“Wait!” I told the cashier there then took 2 cups then added one.

“How much is …” I asked and when I looked at the cashier, I noticed he was the guy who was with her this morning.

“Oh! It’s you..” I halted.

“The total is 3.2 $” He cut me halfway as he put them in a bag and handed them over.

I gave him the money then asked: “I… About the girl you were with today, I’m just saying but do you perhaps know her address”

I stuttered a question then thought: *It was too forward I guess*

“What do you have to do with her, Yerin isn’t the type of the girl who’d want to play with the alike you” He boiled up all of a sudden.

“Great, at least I know her name now! Thanks!” I said with a calm tone as I gave him the money and gestured goodbye to him with my hand which obviously made him get more furious.

3rd  POV :

TaeYong got so mad when JungKook asked about Yerin’s address that he even forgot he was getting a test to join the store.

“Is he someone you know?” The owner asked him as he stared at JungKook leaving.

When JungKook arrived to the house together with Yerin, he found Hana waiting for them in the front door.

“It’s cold, what are you doing in here” He asked her as he opened the door of the car seat Yerin was in.

“You actually did bring a girl, I thought you were kidding or drunk” She commented as she sighed.

“Can you help me get her inside? It seems she’s got a fever” Jungkook ignored her statement as he told.

“Let’s see who the lucky girl is” She slothfully walked her way to the car and as soon as I held Yerin off the car. She kind of overreacted as she yelled: “Oh my god! Is that her? Is it fate or something?” She noted again whilst I slammed the door of the car with my back holding Yerin and got inside. She followed along as she kept asking: “What happened to her? Why would you get her here though?”

“I’ll explain later; now tell me, where should we let her sleep?” I added.

“What do you mean where? In my room of course, I’ll just say she’s my friend or something” She replied coolly.

“No way, they’ll probably nag you for awhile! I don’t want you to get in trouble because of me” I rejected directly.

“Stop acting so cool suddenly; if not then will she sleep in your room? You already know we can’t use the third room in the second floor. And if she used this floor, she might bump into mom or dad in the morning when they get here! But there’s another room, but it’s so dirty! ” She explained attentively as I kept holding Yerin.

“She’s asthmatic, the dust may affect her; Listen! For now, just let her use my room, I’m so tired already” Jungkook said when they reached his room, Halla helped him lay her in his bed then added: “You’ll get in more trouble though” She insisted thoughtfully.

“It’s my own problem and snag; I can’t drag you in this! First I will find some medicines for her fever! Can you look out for her in case she wakes up?” He demanded.

“Fine! I just have a bad feeling about this” She exhaled.

JungKook headed to the kitchen to get some medicine, meanwhile, Hana was checking on Yerin continuously as she thought out loud: “I wonder what happened this time that he even got you in here”

Just then Yerin opened her eyes tiredly and mumbled: “Why am I here?”

“Oh my god! JunKook ah” Hana got flustered and rushed to call JungKook without even replying her back.

When she was about to get to the kitchen, she was able to hear a car parking, she checked the windows which were a see-through glass and yelled: “Oh no! oh no! Not now”

author's note:   

            

 Subsribe, comment and upvote plz