❀ La Première Page De Notre Histoire ❀

Vanilla Scent
 

CHAPTER 001

 La Première Page De Notre Histoire

 

YeRin POV :

It was a late August Summer morning and the shining sunlight already greeted me good morning through the windy windows of my room. All of the sudden the voice of Ye-Jun- my brother rang my eardrums softly saying: “Rinah it’s morning, you’ll be late for your first day in college”.

He put aside my laptop where I was writing my new story until late at night. The one which I haven’t figured out the plot for yet.

I carped as I turned to the other side soon I smelled a really fascinating, glamorous scent coming right through my nose and inside, good enough to open my eyes wide and take a soldier position on my bed giving my brother a wide beam: “good morning oppa!”.

“Indeed! Just Vanilla is able to wake you up you lazy head!” He smacked my forehead then added: “Breakfast is ready, get washed up and come!

“Yes!!” I answered like a good girl.

Tae Yon POV :

This morning holds a very special start, it was my first day in the university; I was excited but nervous at the same time because of the change that will occur upon that.

After having breakfast I decided to open the shop a little bit earlier -A plant shop I run with my mom-

“Mom! I’ll go open the store now, do you need anything?” I asked my mother who was folding clothes and she scowled as she heard me: “Why? You have school today, you’ll be late “

“If there are customers, there’s work, we shouldn’t waste it !” I said as I was tying my shoelaces.

“What do you mean?” she said with question marks showing up on her face.

“Never mind, I’ll go first!” I cracked a smile.

I walked downstairs heading to the shop which is located right through the exit door of my house. First thing I went to open the slide up garage door, together the morning sunlight shone upon and by the end of the sliding I was apprised of her; the awaited customer.

 At first I was only curious about her, she who came everyday almost but then by time that curiosity turned into interest yet again aside of that one word I wasn’t able to have a proper conversation with her not even knowing her name, the girl next door-

 

YeRin POV :

“Rin ah! Our parents are coming tomorrow Jun told me when I was brushing my teeth with my eyes half open before taking a shower, that’s when I discovered that we were out of vanilla shower gel nor did  we have the perfume, it was a moment of break down to me as I yelled out of surprise: “Oppah! Are we really…?” I peeked out of the wash room as I started off only to get cut off halfway by his soulless reply: “Let me remind you that you showered twice yesterday, and I’m unable to even find the vanilla extract”

“I made perfume with it last week” I muttered under my breath hesitantly admitting my mistake.

“I’ll go get one!” I said as I grabbed my wallet and headed outside actually wearing my pajama and with my messed bed hair.

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?”  You’ll find every store closed right now!” Ye jun scolded.

“I’ll be right back” I childishly told leaving. I could hear his whisper: “Seriously when will this girl ever grow up?”

I walked the gloomy morning street but as my wise brother guessed, none was open. I hopelessly stood by the door of the plant shop next door I often go to whishing it’d open soon: “it’s a pity” I mumbled when suddenly the door slid open and I was standing face to face with the owner’s son. I stood that way for awhile as we locked eyes, I then awkwardly broke the ice as I asked with a shaky voice: “the thing is….you see….Are you open yet?”

“Ah! Of course!  I’m sorry!” he excused as he moved back for me to get in.

I got in with heavy steps, he then directly went and brought me the vanilla flower and said: “You must be here for this!?”

“Oh!... oh ..yeah! thank you” I said kind of embarrassed as I took it and pulled out the money to pay; I paid him then turned heading off hesitantly but that didn’t stop me from turning back to him as I demanded: “Well…..do you by any chance ….just by any chance have the vanilla extract?” right after saying that I started scolding myself: “Stupid Rin! What the heck are you asking a plant shop first thing in the morning”, only too late did I realize that I was actually thinking out loud that he started chuckling.

“Sorry for the fuss I know I’m not supposed to ask you that…”  I said halting my sentence halfway until he interrupted: “I do have it!”

“Really?!” I said with over excitement.

He only nodded his head twice at me.

I jumped up and down with burst of smiles: “Thank you ahjushi!” I repeated.

He looked at me weirdly “But…we seem to have the same age, why would you call me that!?”

*Oh true; He appears young enough why did I call him that?*  I wondered as I blinked my eyes at him: “well…I don’t know your name..so I came up with that…sorry”

“Taeyong, it’s Lee Taeyong!’ he directly introduced himself.

“Yes! Glad to meet you” I bowed to him.

It was kind of an odd meeting especially with how I looked.

He smiled as he uttered “I’ll get you the extract right away!” he said as he went in.

I fixed my hair when I found a mirror in the store as I complained: “Oh my god! I look like a witch!”

 

Tae Yon POV :

I quickly got the vanilla extract which was stored in my mother’s secret locket_ The Must-Not-Touch-Room_ trying my best not to let her notice since then I’d be in a big trouble, I tiptoed back to the store after getting it but then was in awe as I noticed the next door vanilla girl looking at herself in the mirror while fixing her hair which was cutely messed, I gazed at her for awhile then coughed clearing my throat awkwardly, she quickly turned startled as she dropped her wallet as well as her card and stuff which were inside.

“Sorry, I startled you!” I said as I helped her pick them up when I happened to witness her college student card which was similar to mine, I caught a glimpse as I realized she is attending the same college  and her name was Yerin.

“Do you happen to study in the Seoul national university?” I asked out of the blue.

“Today is my first day actually; I study agriculture and life science”

I just beamed at her which made her react in confusion; “Why? What’s with that?”

Just then my mother got in as she cleared : “I see we have customers early today:” she muttered.

“Ah! Good morning! I was about to leave!” Yerin directly stood up as she bowed to my mother then turned away intending to leave until I stopped her: “You didn’t take your order!” “Ah! That’s right! Thank you” she fluttered as she took the vanilla-extract from me and handed me the money.

I watched her as she walked her steps away until I heard my mother groan behind me.

“So vanilla extract, huh? Since when did we sell that?”

“어마야 Mommy! You look really beautiful today” I commented trying to escape from punishment.

Jung-Kook POV :

“Kookie ya! Haven’t you seen my converse; it was in your room yesterday!” I heard Hana_My annoying twin sister nagging first thing in the morning as I was dressing up.

“What the heck does your converse have to do in my room!” I yelled back by the next second she walked her way inside my room.

“I’m changing here” I complained as I covered my body with the shirt I had in my hand.

“We’re twins, what could there be for you to get embarrassed about!” she boldly said as she looked for it.

“Are you wearing this tuxedo?.. This cravat tie goes well with it” she said as she suddenly started choosing outfits for me.

“Yes! Thanks for your cooperation, now may you leave?” I repeated.

“Come to think of it …. How come you don’t have a girlfriend even though you have my beautiful face? It’s unbelievable!” She said as she rested on my bed and faced me.

“When you get to find a boyfriend with that pretty face of yours!”, I replied.

“Ya!!” she glowered and I kicked her out of my room.

Suddenly my window opened and cool wind flew inside my room giving me chills and the framed picture of me and Yein dropped down on my bed table, now that it crossed my mind, today’s her first anniversary since she died, time really flew by doesn’t it?!”

 

 

YeRin POV :

After getting ready to leave, Ye Jun came and suggested: “Do you want me to drive you there?”

“No! I prefer walking there, besides girls will bash me on my first day if they saw me with such a handsome guy” I rejected.

“Aigoo!” he punched my cheek playfully.

“I’ll go now, oppa!” I beamed as I greeted.

“Take care!” He said as he waved to me as I left.

I placed my earphones on as I listened to my most favorite indie singer –OOHYO- somehow indie songs are always able to make me feel calm and secure.

3rd POV :

All along, as Yerin walked the gloomy street, Taeyong was watching over her behind as she carefully walked each step. She suddenly stopped as she turned around; Taeyong directly hid behind a tree afraid she’d notice him.

“Why am I hiding, it’s not like I stole something or I was following her; I’m just going to school” Taeyong told himself to get the courage to stop hiding yet his body didn’t move an inch.

He heaved a sigh as he peeked at Yerin who was standing continuously looking at some store. She stood silently then scowled before walking away; watching that dim, murky expression Taeyong only got more curious to see what she was checking.

He slowly stepped where she was standing and witnessed a bicycle shop showing different kinds of bicycles.

“So that’s it!” He said as he smiled but soon his smile morphed into a blank expression as he checked the price and it was 272,80 US $

He gulped as he stared at it continuously until he heard her scream not too far away. He ran there but stopped as he saw her talking to someone.

Jung-Kook POV :

I was in my way going to school with Hana in my car, we were heading to her university first; but Hana started nagging me out of the blue.

"You're finally back to driving; at last you were able to forget her" She muttered.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear you" I only said holding in the anger.

"Seriously? It's already been a year and you're still susceptible just at the mention of her name" She annoyingly added.

"Jeon Hana! Won't you keep quiet?" I burst out neglecting my driving but to my luck a girl was passing by and I almost hit her.

"Damn it" I slammed the car horn in rage.

"You stay here" I ordered her and left the car.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she dusted off her clothes after falling down; she was a girl in my age, wearing a simple pink dress with a long hair and bangs covering her face

"You should be careful"  She complained.

As I felt I was in disadvantage, all I could say back was: "The light is green"

"It only turned green now, it was red just before" She blew a raspberry and yelled back.

"Oh really!" I obviously was misdirecting my anger at her.

"What's going on? She's fine and you didn't even hit her so what's the problem" Hana then exited the car as she walked to us clearly trying to provoke her.

"You stay out" I tried to stop her before the small argue turns into a bigger thing and shifted my attention to the girl as I kind of coldy said: "And you...What else do you want?"

"Huh! I don't know how rude and ill-mannered can you be" She smirked at me; by the next second I grabbed her arm firecely that she let go of her bag, something broke obviously as I was able to hear the sound of glass.

YeRin POV :

I was amused by that guy's cavalier attitude until the plant shop boy walked his steps to us and told him: "Isn't it impolite to talk to a girl like this? If you have something to say, do it with your mouth; no need to use your body" He coolly uttered then made him let go of his grip around me and held my wrist instead.

I was amazed by his caring mentality because after all, we just were able to have a coversation not too long ago and he's already helping me with things.

"Now that her boyfriend is here, we're free to go" The girl said with lack of manners and her boy copy said. You could tell right away that they are true twins.

"If only they learned how to say sorry, none of this would have happened" I mumbled underneath my breath  but he was able to hear me so he commented: "Guys alike him were only taught how to be tough and discourteous, they never learnt the well-bred social behavior." Soon after he let go of my hand.

"Thank you" I bowed 90° to him before picking up my bag and my things which were wrapped in the ground when I figured out that the Vanilla Extract bottle was broken and wasted.

"What to do?" I panicked.

"What is it?" He asked as he checked.

 

"Yejun oppa will kill me" I fluttered.

"About that...I won't be able to get you another one since I'd get in trouble because we don't actually sell those" He pouted.

"It's okay, I mean you have done more than enough so I'm really thankful" I was about to leave until he called my name: "Yerin ah!"

I was dumbfounded when he called my name like that and then he added: "But I can help you make it if you want"

He flashed a wide smile, it was my first time seeing him smile like that and it sure was charming to me, it is a bit gênant and early to say  that but maybe getting to know that person wasn't just a coincidence, maybe it was something else other than that.

 

author's note:   

            

 Finally, I get to post the first chapter, It was a bit awkward but I hope you enjoyed, Have a nice day