Just Happy Being With You Part I

Forever Mesmerized

Hi guys. Thanks for reading and subscribing. I wanted to write more one-shot but I’ve been working crazy crazy hours for the holidays. But I wanted to at least write this before the New Years just to ring in 2012 on a happy Junah note. Enjoy!

 

 

Title: Just Happy Being With You Part I

Pairing: Junhyung/Hyuna

Summary: The break-up of Junhara and the reunion of Junah just before the New Year starts

 

December 26, 2011

 

“Hi Hyuna.”

 

Hyuna turned around to find two smiling faces belonging to Yoseob and Dongwoon, heading her way. She paused from her swift walk to the practice room so that they can join her.

 

“Hi Yoseob-oppa. Hi Dongwoon.” She greeted brightly, although she couldn’t keep her tiredness out of her voice completely. “What’s up?”

 

“Going to practice?” Yoseob asked as the three resumed walking again down the halls of Cube.

 

“Yeah. Just a quick one for our Mnet Stage.”

 

“Come on. We’ll walk you there.” Dongwoon gestured.

 

The three walked down the hallway in a comfortable silence, at least to Hyuna. Yoseob and Dongwoon, on the other hand, were contemplating something.

 

“Um Hyuna, did you hear anything interesting lately?” Yoseob started, unsure.

 

“About what?” Hyuna asked, not noticing anything wrong.

 

“Just about anything. Have you?”

 

“No. I haven’t had time to do anything except practice and schedule lately. Why? Is there anything interesting?”

 

“Um…” Dongwoon and Yoseob hesitated. “Some….I don’t…”

 

“What? Why are you guys acting weird? Or weirder than usual?” Hyuna was curious about the two boys’ strange behavior. She thought she would be used to all of Beast’s strange habits and behaviors by now.

 

“No reason.” Dongwoon replied. “Oh look here we are.” They arrived at the practice room. “Have a good practice. We’re gonna get going now. Bye!”  Dongwoon said quickly before pushing Yoseob and quickly left Hyuna’s side.

 

“Bye weird oppas!” Hyuna waved, confused and amused before entering the practice room.

 

 

 

“Do you think we should have told her?” Dongwoon asked Yoseob as the two walked away.

 

“I don’t know. It’s not our place to say something.” Yoseob replied, unsure of what to do. “Besides, it’s been over a week. I’m surprised she doesn’t know about it yet.”

 

“Yeah I thought she would be the first to find out. I thought they would be back together already.” Dongwoon admitted.

 

“Yeah. Sometimes, I just want to knock both of their heads together and be done with it. At least Junhyung finally balled up and did what he’s supposed to do a long time ago.” Dongwoon nodded, agreed whole heartedly with Yoseob.

 

“Yeah. Maybe we can finally stop hearing him whining every night.” They both laughed.

 

 

 

 

“Ah, Hyuna-yah, you’re finally here!” Hyunseung greeted Hyuna as she stepped into the rehearsal room.

 

“Sorry I’m late oppa. But Yoseob and Dongwoon oppa stopped me on the way here. They were acting so strange.” Hyuna said as she set her bag down.

 

“Strange? Them? And you’re still surprised about that?” Hyunseung teased.

 

Hyuna chuckled. “I meant weirder than usual.” She sat down on the dance floor, stretching. “I felt like they wanted to tell me something.”

 

Hyunseung looked away. “Oh?” he asked. “You know what about?”

 

“No. they wouldn’t tell me. Just kept asking me if I saw or heard anything interesting.”

 

Hyunseung nodded and chuckled nervously. “Weird.” He paused. “…So have you?”

 

Hyuna looked up from stretching and glanced at Hyunseung. “No. and why does everyone keep asking me that? Is there something that I’m supposed to know or something?”

 

“No.” Hyunseung lied. “Nothing at all.” He quickly got up and the music. “Let’s practice.”

 

Hyuna looked at Hyunseung for a minute before deciding to shrug it off and went over to join Hyunseung.

 

“Come on. The sooner we finish, the sooner we can go home.” Hyunseung said.

 

 

The quick practice that was only supposed to last for two hours lasted for five hours and by the end, both Hyuna and Hyunseung were exhausted and panting hard. They both laid down on the dance floor, trying to catch their breath.

 

“I’m so tired.” Hyuna whined. “I just want to lie in my bed and eat a whole carton of ice-cream.”

 

Hyunseung laughed. “A whole carton? You’re gonna get fat.”

 

“Oppa!” Hyuna whined, gathering enough energy to whack him on the arms. “You’re not supposed to call a girl fat.”

 

“I didn’t call you fat. I said you are going to get fat if you eat like you do.” Hyunseung defended himself.

 

“Same thing.” Hyuna retorted. “No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend Oppa.”

 

Hyunseung laughed. “You’re right. I don’t even know how to talk to girls properly. I want a girlfriend.”

 

Hyuna laughed, clenching her stomach. “You guys need help.”

 

“Yeah Junhyung is the only one who’s good with girl. And even he doesn’t have a girlfriend…” Hyunseung stopped himself but Hyuna sat up quickly.

 

“Wait. What did you say?”

 

“Um, nothing. I said nothing. Oh look at the time. I got to go. Bye Hyuna.” Hyunseung quickly gathered his stuff and ran out of the practice room.

 

Hyuna watched Hyunseung go, wondering what he said earlier.

 

And even he doesn’t have a girlfriend’

 

She was sure her ears weren’t playing tricks on her, were they? She was almost 100% sure Hyunseung said that Junhyung doesn’t have a girlfriend anymore. That would explain why he acted weird and ran out like his pants were on fire. And that could also explain why Yoseob and Dongwoon were acting so weird earlier, asking her if she heard anything interesting.

 

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard her phone ring, signaling a new text message. She dragged her tired body off the floor and grabbed her phone, reading her new message.

 

Can we meet? I need to talk to you.

 

Hyuna’s eyes widened as she read who the text message was from. She was not expecting that, especially from that person at all. Maybe her assumptions are true after all…..

 

She replied back, agreeing to meet at her favorite coffee shop before gathering her stuff and headed out.

 

 

 

Hyuna opened the door to the small café and immediately spotted the small figure sitting in the corner. The café was almost empty, giving them the privacy they needed. Taking a deep breath, she walked over to  the person that was waiting for her.

 

The person felt her presence and looked up, giving Hyuna a small unsure smile.

 

“Hyuna-yah, you’re here.”

 

“Hi Hara.”

 

Hara stood up and gestured for Hyuna to sit. Hyuna sat down across from the girl that betrayed her, curious about why they’re meeting like this.

 

“How have you been?” Hara asked.

 

“Good. Busy.” Hyuna replied, her voice a bit cold.

 

“That’s good to hear. Do you want to order anything?” Hara asked as she waved a waitress over.

 

“A cup of vanilla latte please.” Hyuna told the waitress. “Can you make it non-fat. Thank you.”

 

The waitress wrote down the order and walked away.

 

“I guess you’re wondering why I called you here.” Hara said, sheepishly.

 

“Yeah. We’re not exactly the best of friends anymore. Are we?” Hyuna answered.

 

“Yeah. That’s why I called you. I wanted to apologize.”

 

Hyuna was shocked at what Hara said.

 

“Apologize?”

 

Hara nodded. “Yeah apologize. I’m sorry about everything that happened between us Hyuna. I’m sorry that I dated Junhyung even though I knew what happened between you two and how you felt about him.”

 

Hyuna was speechless. She had no idea how to reply or why Hara was even apologizing.

 

“Why are you apologizing now? What changed?” Hyuna asked.

 

“I guess you still don’t know.” Hara looked down sadly. “Junhyung and I broke up.”

 

Hyuna’s heart stopped. This was just confirmation to what she thought Beast was trying to say earlier. Junhyung and Hara broke up. She wasn’t sure what or how she was supposed to feel.

 

“You guys broke up today?”

 

“Actually…” Hara was interrupted by the waitress who brought Hyuna’s drink. The waitress seemed to realize the seriousness of the conversation so she just slipped away quietly.

 

“Actually.” Hara resumed. “We broke up last week.”

 

“Last week?” Hyuna repeated. “It’s been over a week?”

 

“Yeah.” Hara nodded. “Right before his birthday.”

 

“I can’t believe you would break up with him just before his birthday. How can..”

 

“He broke up with me!” Hara interrupted. “He is the one who broke up with me. Although I’m not really surprised.  I’m actually surprised that he didn’t break up with me sooner.”

 

Hyuna’s eyebrows rose. “Why?”

 

Hara chuckled lowly. “Come on Hyuna. I think you know why. Because I’m not you.”

 

Hyuna coughed as she was sipping her latte, taken aback by Hara’s statement. “What?”

 

“Oh come on, you know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m not you Hyuna. I’m not the whiny, y dancer that he wants.”

 

Hyuna remained silent, unsure of what to say to Hara’s confession.

 

“Our relationship was a joke. A complete joke.” Hara chuckled bitterly.

 

“Why are you telling me this?” Hyuna asked, confused.

 

“You know I’ve always been jealous of you. The way you used to describe your relationship with Junhyung. The way he took care of you, cared for you, the way he looked at you and smiled at you. You made him sound like the greatest boyfriend in the world. You know, I never got why you let him go.”

 

“It’s not as easy as it sounds Hara.” Hyuna replied.

 

Hara nodded. “Yeah I know. But when the whole Kara disbandment thing happened, I was so stressed out over it that I..I just thought having a boyfriend like Junhyung might help.” She scoffed. “We were both using each other.”

 

“He wasn’t using you.” Hyuna defended Junhyung.

 

“Yeah he was. I was using him too. We were each other’s escape from reality. I get to forget about Kara’s legal troubles and he…well, he gets to forget about you.”

 

Hyuna swallowed. “Both of us didn’t want to admit it first but it got to be too much.” Hara continued on. “As much as I wanted to, I couldn’t be in a relationship with a man who was still in love with another girl. I couldn’t be with a man who looked at another girl the way he looks at you or smile at you the way he does.”

 

“At first, I was mad.” Hara confessed. “Mad that it was never me that he thinks of first. Mad at you for describing him as so perfect when he wasn’t. That’s when I realized that he wasn’t the perfect boyfriend as you describe because he wasn’t with you. You, Hyuna, are what makes him the perfect guy.”

 

“You don’t have to say this.” Hyuna said, feeling guilty inside.

 

“Yeah I do. I did a pretty rotten thing, dating him when I knew about your history. And I’m truly sorry.” Hara apologized. “We’re completely over now. We never really started in the first place.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be.” Hara said, smiling. “We’re just not meant to be. But it doesn’t mean you guys shouldn’t be either.”

 

“Huh?” Hyuna asked confused.

 

“I know he still loves you. That’s why he broke up with me. I’m just saying if you still love him then go to him. Be together.”

 

Hyuna shook her head. “I don’t think he sees me like that anymore.”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Hara asked, outraged. “Do you seriously not see just how in love he is with you still? Hyuna, I don’t know Junhyung half as much as you do and even I could tell that he’s still in love with you. Why else would he get so mad over you and Hyunseung or why he’s so concerned about you?”

 

“It’s complicated unnie.” Hara smiled at the fact that Hyuna called her unnie once again.

 

“It’s life Hyuna-yah. I’m your unnie so I know better. You guys belong together.” Hara finished her coffee. “Anyway, I got to go. I have schedule.”

 

Hara stood up. “Bye Hyuna. I hope you’ll take my advice.”

 

Hyuna stood up to greet Hara goodbye. “Thank you unnie.”

 

The two girls hugged for the first time in seven months and Hara waved goodbye as she exited the café, leaving Hyuna to ponder over her thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyuna stepped off the elevator, still deep in thoughts over her meeting with Hara. She was confused, to say the least. It was just too much information to take in over a couple of hours.

 

Junhyung and Hara broke up. Junhyung broke up with Hara a week ago because of her?

 

She shook her head. Hara did claim that Junhyung was still in love with her. That had to be lies right? There was no way in freaking hell that he….Otherwise, he would have told her about his breakup already right?

 

She kept her eyes down on the floor, deep in thoughts, as she headed to her dorms.

 

“Hyuna.”

 

She jumped at the voice that shocked her. She turned around to come face to face with the man who has been occupying her thoughts for the last three years.

 

“Oppa.” She breathed out, not able to fully catch her breath. She took in his appearance and her heart broke. For the first time in a long time, his eyes were visible to the world, showing how tired he was. His cheeks that were once so full were now sunken in. He looked like he hasn’t slept in a week.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked as he stepped closer to her. Hyuna’s heart was pounding in her chest as Junhyung got closer and closer to her, their faces now merely an inch apart.

 

“What are you doing oppa?” she whispered as Junhyung stared into her eyes, making her lose all sense of comprehension and thoughts. “What….”

 

Junhyung swallowed her words as his lips met hers in a feverish lip-lock, re-exploring familiar territory that they both missed so much over the past year. Hyuna started to protest but the feeling of his lips on hers was too euphoric that all she could do was meet his zealous motion as the two reconnect in the stairways of her dorm, forever happy in this moment.

 

 

Part II coming up. The aftermath of the kiss and the possible reunion?