The Weird Way She Opens Her Eyes

Forever Mesmerized

The Way She Opens Your Eyes

 

“Okay so just fill out this form. Just put your name, the name of your group, who you voted for and why.” the P.D for MBC Every1 Weekly Idol instructed Doojoon and Junhyung.

 

Both boy nodded and headed over to the bench to fill out the survey. Junhyung took off his sunglasses and placed them on top of his head and looked the survey over.

 

iest Idol

 

He smiled inwardly. Without even looking at the list of nominees provided in the back page, one name already came to his mind.

 

Kim Hyuna.

 

Being y was her forte and she definitely did it well. Having an arsenal filled with an amazing body, gorgeous face, and awesome dancing skills, ‘y’ was practically her middle name.

 

Without hesitation or any thoughts about another person, he jotted down Hyuna’s name on the paper. And now was the hard part. The reason why.

 

How can he choose just one reason why. He could make a list but is there enough time in the world? He could  just pick a random reason but is that doing Hyuna justice?

 

He looked beside him at Doojoon writing feverishly with a look of pure concentration. Junhyung smirked, knowing that Doojoon was cursing inside about how Gayoon wasn’t on the list of nominees.

 

Ok, Yong Junhyung. Concentrate.’ He thought.

 

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and thought through many memories that he and Hyuna shared together and suddenly it came to him.

 

Her eyes. Or more specifically the way she opens her eyes.

 

And suddenly he was hit with nostalgia as his mind was suddenly filled with many memories of when he was absolutely captivated by her eyes.

 

Her eyes were a natural wonder to him, so real and so expressive. If he wanted to know what Hyuna was thinking or feeling, all he had to do was look in her eyes. Sadness, happiness, shyness, anger, frustration—all were written in her eyes.

 

And all it took was one glance, one simple glance, from her and he would stop breathing, completely mesmerized. He would be on stage, rapping and dancing his heart out but as soon as his eyes made contact with her across the stage, all the lyrics and dance moves would be completely wiped from his head and all he can do is stare at her.

 

Or how his resolve can easily break with one look from her. He could have made up his mind about a matter and be absolutely all for it but if Kim Hyuna came up to him and look him in the eyes and said that she didn’t like it, suddenly he would find himself caving to her.

 

But his favorite aspect of her eyes was definitely the way she opened them. As strange and weird as it sounds, it was his favorite part about her eyes.

 

She had the whole y stare down to a science, she had the whole cute stare in her pocket, ready to use if needed but the way she opens her eyes always, always, made him lose his breath.

 

Like when she used to fall asleep on his shoulders on plane rides or just when they wanted to be with each other, the slightest of her hair would wake her up. And as soon as she wakes up, her eyes would flutter open slowly one by one before she would look up into his eyes with so much trust and adoration, that all he could do was to bend down and connect his lips with hers to show her just how much he adored her.

 

But lately, he, sometimes, caught a look of longing stemming from her eyes when she thought no one was looking. The same look that matches the one in his eyes.

 

Snapping out of his thoughts, not wanting to go down that path of thought, he wrote down “the weird way she opens her eyes” on the paper, adding “keke” at the end to show that he was actually shy and nervous about writing the reason down.

 

He looked over the paper, satisfied at his own answer. He loved how his answer was not the typical answer of why Kim Hyuna was y. It was not one of the many remarks and compliments that she heard every day. It was unique, it showed how well he knew her, how much he cared about her, for him to find a special characteristic that he treasured so much that was just for him. A special aspect of Hyuna that was just his to own.

 

Smiling in a way he hasn’t done so in a while, he stood up and handed the paper to the P.D, who gave him a knowing smile after reading his answer before putting his answer in the special pile.

 

As he and Doojoon walked back to the van, Doojoon turned to him.

 

“So who did you pick?”

 

“Huh?” Junhyung played cool, not wanting to reveal his answer.

 

But all Doojoon did was just smile sheepishly. “Ah, I knew who you picked. No need to hide it from me.”

 

All Junhyung can do was give Doojoon a slight smack and shook his head.

 

 

When they got in their vans, he laid his head on the seat, wondering what Hyuna’s reaction of his reply was going to be. He certainly hoped that she would understand that it was his way of saying just how special, always and forever, she was to him. And how she always would be, no matter what happens in the future……