Prompt 23

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: something more about prompt 20

Word Count: 2624

 

Baekhyun didn’t end up sleeping properly that day. His mind kept swirling on this PCY bastard and why is he texting his Kyungsoo to come and meet at some casino around 9 in the evening. And it isn’t just any kind of casino. It’s that shady casino where Baekhyun remembers his seniors busting out a group of drug-dealers back when he’s still a rookie.

 

But what bothers Baekhyun the most is the fact that they haven’t reached their 1st anniversary yet and Kyungsoo is already – he shakes his head. No! Kyungsoo would never do that! Shame on him for not trusting his husband.

 

But what if –

 

Stop.

 

But there’s this nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach that there’s something –

 

No.

 

He looks at Kyungsoo’s sleeping figure and thinks that Kyungsoo should be awake by now. But seeing how his husband is sleeping so tight means that he’s really exhausted from that business trip and he wanted to catch up with some rest. And so, he thinks that maybe he should go out to get some breakfast for them and while he’s at it, he might need to clear his thoughts.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Baekhyun squeaks and has a hand grasping his chest when he hears that. He remains unmoving when the bed dips a little and there were arms wrapped around his waist, “Hey.” He kisses his neck then his cheek and Baekhyun can’t help but shudder at the touch. His breathings turned deep and slowly, he closed his eyes. “Come here.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So I’ll be leaving and since you have no duty today, I am assigning you to packing duty.” Kyungsoo said as he fixes his tie. Baekhyun lies on the bed, , and groans. He chuckles. “Is there something wrong with that, Mr. Byun?”

 

There is something wrong, but Baekhyun did not let it show. “You know I hate packing duty.” Kyungsoo chuckles at and twists his body left and right to work out the kinks. Baekhyun hums as he rakes his eyes over his lover’s and frowns. “It’s my turn to ask you. Where are you going?”

 

“Work.” Kyungsoo said. “As always.”

 

Baekhyun hums and nods. “Okay. Shall I send you off with a kiss?’

 

Kyungsoo raised a brow. “It’s what you do. I get cranky when you don’t.” He approaches him, playfully leans down and kisses his husband on the lips. “I’ll see you later.” Baekhyun smiles and waves his fingers as Kyungsoo leaves their shared room. Only when he heard the door to their apartment close did the smile turn into a frown. He hurriedly picked up his phone and called the first person he trusts the most in this type of situations.

 

Joonmyeon groans in the other end. “Baekhyun? What the ?”

 

“I need you, buddy.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You know, when you said that you need me, I didn’t know it would be this.”

 

They were wearing poor-assed disguises hiding in the alleyway as they spy over the entrance of the LV Casino. It was dark so they weren’t seen but the obvious mask and dark shades they both have has the potential to risk their supposed stake out. Joonmyeon sighs. “Tell me, why are we here again?”

 

“Because my marriage is in danger.”

 

“Do you honestly believe Kyungsoo would cheat on you?”

 

“No. Being a police has its perks.” Baekhyun winks. “It was a good thing I paid attention to Mr. Shim’s lesson over going undercover and stake outs. I never knew those kind of things can be useful in everyday lives.”

 

“We paid attention to that lesson because you wanted to spy on girls changing clothes in their lockers.”

 

“You wanted to spy on girls.” Baekhyun grins. “Don’t you remember our training grounds were just close to that college football training field at some prestigious university? I saw wonderful things, hyung. I never knew being in police academy can be fun.” He his lips. Joonmyeon grimaces. “Ah, good times.”

 

Their conversation came to a stop when they saw a suspicious black car stopping in front of the entrance. There were two tall men in crisp black suits and dark shades leaving the car first. The other one: the person who Joonmyeon personally finds hot, opens the car door, letting someone out. Unfortunately, that particular person wasn’t in view because the car was on the way. Baekhyun mutters a curse at this.

 

“And that’s our cue to go in.”

 

Joonmyeon gapes. “What?”

 

“We can blend in, trust me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Funny how Baekhyun was right.

 

“See, what did I tell you?” Baekhyun grins as he breezily passes by rich men playing illegal gambles. He spotted a few politicians and influential men, too. But since he’s out of duty now, finding his husband is his first priority. They’ll be dealt with next time.

 

Joonmyeon looks around in suspicion. “I think the bouncer let us in quite easily. It’s like he’s expecting us to come.”

 

“Of course, he’s expecting us to come.” Baekhyun grins. “He thought we’re with that guy who went in earlier.” Joonmyeon pinches the bridge of his nose and groans and lets Baekhyun drag him to the bar. “Now, we act like we’re normal gambling loving people, alright? And then we,” Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “Oh, . I think I found him.”

 

“Wait, Baekhyun!” Joonmyeon, however, was left sitting there along in the barstool as he watched his friend run in the sea of people dancing in the somewhat small dancefloor. This is the first time he’s inside in this kind of casino. Normal casinos aren’t like this. This looks like an underground club for rich people.

 

Not wanting to feel out of place, Joonmyeon tugs on his loose dress shirt inside his black coat and asks for a beer at the bartender. The man with a Cheshire grin nods and easily hands him one, but not before giving him a wink. Joonmyeon flushes red and looks away as he drinks, trying to hide the obvious blush on his face.

 

“A new face.” The bartender grins. “So tell me, what son of the owner of the company are you?”

<
Please log in to read the full chapter