Prompt 11

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Write a baeksoo with a big plot twist in the end.

Word Count: 1614

 

Jongdae takes pride at his genes. The way girls and guys would look back at him whenever he passes by them and the way he can hear a dreamy sigh or a rush of whispers about him and how perfect he looks would come to his ears. He flashes a half-smile and walks along the pavement, fixing the collar of his coat as he looks at the girls that were giggling and blushing at him.

 

“You’re late.”

 

“Sorry, father.” Jongdae grins at his father, Mr. Do, owner of a famous electronic company that will soon fall into Jongdae’s hands once said man retires due to old age. Not that Jongdae wants to take it right away. After all, his father is still in his mid-forties. Still young in the business world.

 

“You should go and warm up.” Mr. Do rotates his shoulder and groans in satisfaction when he hears a bone cracking when he flexes his leg. With a tennis racket on the other hand, he smirks at his son. “Will you defeat me this time, champ?”

 

Jongdae grins. If there’s something different between him and the other elites he’s known, is that he’s the only one who has a tight bond with his father. Ever since his mother died when he was still thirteen, Mr. Do took extra care of him and acts as a mother and a father figure to Jongdae. This explains why despite Jongdae’s carefree attitude, he still values making his father proud and focusing on his studies to someday continue the rise of the company.

 

An hour later, Jongdae can feel cold sweat dripping down his jaw. Time’s still early and yet he’s sweating like crazy. His father is great at this sport and damn, if ever he defeats this old geezer, he’ll celebrate to the fullest.

 

“Oh, Kyungsoo-sshi!”

 

His father perks at this and looks to the side with a smile. “Suho-sshi.”

 

Jongdae sighs in annoyance. Even at an old age, his father seems to be still actively looking for a girlfriend, which kind of irks him and at the same time makes him laugh. Jongdae could only hope he can find a suitable partner since someday Jongdae’s gonna leave their place. After all, everyone needs company.

 

But as Jongdae boredly swings his racket on his shoulder, he spots a certain shy boy staring at his direction. Jongdae hums in curiosity, tilting his head to get a better view and flashes him a smile. The guy blushes mad and looks down, looking back up at him before looking at his mother.

 

So cute.

 

“Come and let’s greet them.” Mr. Do gestures for him to come, which Jongdae did.

 

“Ah, it’s great that you’re here. I thought I was too early.” Suho smiles at them – mostly at his father – and giggles. “So how was your wrist? I’m sorry for that last game. The ball hit your hand, I was too careless. Does it hurt?”

 

“Oh, it does. But not to worry, I don’t mind.”

 

Jongdae laughs to himself because he remembers his father groaning in pain just earlier this morning but now, he’s sporting a smile that can blind you. He sneaks a glance to the cute guy. And when their eyes meet, he winks. The guy blushes again before looking down.

 

“Ah, so this must be Jongdae.” Suho smiles and reaches to pat his shoulder. “He looks a lot like you.”

 

“Yes, unfortunately he also got my hardheadedness.” Mr. Do playfully hits Jongdae’s head, in which the latter faked groan before they all laughed. “And I see you also brought your son with you. Baekhyun, was it? I’m sorry, I’m not really that good with names.”

 

The guy, blushes, looks at his father with a shy smile before looking down again, nodding. “Y-Yes, I’m Baekhyun.”

 

Throughout the whole conversation which solely consists of Mrs. Kim and his father exchanging pleasantries, Jongdae kept his sight on Baekhyun, not letting the man out of his sight. Baekhyun seems to fidget at this, keep looking anywhere but him and his father, and mostly looks down, staring at his dainty fingers. Jongdae chuckles and finds himself inwardly swooning at how cute this guy is. And that’s when Jongdae decided that yes, he’ll make this guy his. Better make his move fast before his father do the moves to

Please log in to read the full chapter