Hang in there

Letting you go

MyungJoo is a trained soldier. Being close contact with men was just a ticket to anger her father. She hates all the skinship that does not belongs to Seo DaeYoung. Everynight has been the same old routine. Alone. Alcohol. Men. Pictures. And missing Seo DaeYoung. But this night, she drank a little over her limit and did not realise how close the man's lips was coming onto hers. She merely felt a rough touch against her cheeks.

The moment their eyes met, DaeYoung know MyungJoo had drank too much and could not recgonise him. "You look familiar. Do you want to cut Q and have a picture with me so eagerly? But... I dont think my dad will like your style. Because he love fair boys and i prefered tan-skinned." MyungJoo slurred in her sentences as she placed her palms on DaeYoung's face and pulled him towards her eye level.

"You had too much. Its enough Yoon MyungJoo. What is wrong with you? Let's get you..." Before he could finish his line, MyungJoo intercepted. She tugged his arms which caused DaeYoung to fall forward onto the couch, taking the space next to her. From her spot, she climbed and sat on his lap as she lay her head on his chest. "I think i know where i have seen you before! Dont move! Where my phone.. arh, its here. Why cant i swipt this open....",MyungJoo's act was softening DaeYoung's insistance to send her home immediately.

Seeing her struggling with her phone, he took it and waited for her password when their eyes met briefly. "Password? Its.... the day i first met him. The day i said i kind of regretted tagging along to crush his ex girlfriend wedding. Because its the day i saw the puppy side of Seo DaeYoung. The day i started to feel something for a man." Her words made him recall back to their past. He remembered her saying regret about something but didnt probed further. In the back of his head, he whispered '0616'. But unknowingly, he said out,"Did you regret meeting him?"

"0616. Password. No. He taught me how to love bravely.",MyungJoo said as she access her photo album. DaeYoung looked on and saw her folders. One in particular attracted him. It was named with a heart-shape emoticon. He remained silent as her fingers moved to the folder. "See why i say you looked familiar? He's not a smilely person but somehow i can make that happen. He's so cute, isnt he?",MyungJoo said as she scrolled through the pictures. DaeYoung eyes widen slightly when he saw photos of them together and also just himself. "Thats what i have in my phone too. When i thought i might lose all those memories when it was stolen away...",DaeYoung mumbbled.

"What did you say?",MyungJoo suddenly sat straight and looked straight into DaeYoung's eyes. Her fingers contoured his facial features, starting from his slightly frowned brows, to the eyes, down the nose and lingered on his lips. "You.....are the heart. My heart. Its so painful. I miss him so badly. I tried everything but still i cant help but peep at him whenever i can. He looks so handsome in uniform. He's having friendship within his team. But if we are together, i'll be the one who will snatch all away from him. I cannot be selfish. Just this once, i will love him more than he loved me...",MyungJoo's voice lowered by the second and fallen asleep as tears rolled down her cheeks and seeped into his tee.

"I will carry her. You guys can follow behind. But i will send her home with my car." DaeYoung said when her bodyguard came forward to grab the sleeping beauty. Her drunk confession made it hard for him to let go at this moment. All those times when she wanted skinship from him, he ran away finding all sorts of excuses. Now that she finally having all that, she's sleeping. 'Only in this situation that i can step into your house inst it, Yoon MyungJoo?' Greeting MyungJoo's mother, she lead him to her daughter's room.

"Stay with her awhile DaeYoung ah. My daughter, please look after her fondly. Believe her. You are worth it. Because her mother likes her choice too. Hang in there boy.",MyungJoo's mother said as she tapped his shoulder when he was about to walk out after placing MyungJoo on the bed. Smiling away as he thinks the Yoon's woman have a common style in man. Taking the chance, DaeYoung looked around MyungJoo's room. Different from her army stance, her room although simple was girl-like. And he never knew she placed a picture of them on her bedside table. It was taken by SiJin when they were in Urk. A picture of a army man and a doctor smiling at one another. One in her megawhatt and the other just grinned lightly as usual. 'That was after she got well and had just finished a surgery. While we are having a celebration on the return to Korea...'