Let loose

Letting you go

"Have you made up your mind Seo DaeYoung Sangsa? Like i've said before. No Sangsa is fit to be my daughter's husband. Much less my son-in-law", General Yoon has called in DaeYoung to hear his answer on the conditions he stated when he visited the troop in Urk. He knows Sergeant Major Seo is born to be a soldier but his prode could not take someone lesser for his precious daughter. They might be in love but status played a big part in the society. His daughter will be on the suffering end if he do not deal with this right now.

"Sangsa, Seo DaeYoung. For the sake of Jungwi Yoon MyungJoo, will leave the army after all the dispatch work have been carried out, Sir". DaeYoung answered firmly. He had been troubled with the choices. He is willing to change his trade of job if she had been happy when he asked her about it during their time in Urk. But MyungJoo supports him as a soldier and does not care if they seldom see one another. What matters most is he is happy with both his work and her. She does not want him to let go any that makes his life worthwhile.

Eversince the M3 virus scare, DaeYoung was even clear that MyungJoo is more important than anything in his life. The weeks where he saw her almost dying, he wanted to kill the man who passed the virus to her. Her job as a doctor is to save lives, she blamed no one and only glee at the attention he was showering her. "This is the first time you are so attentive to my needs. Before this, you are like a boy with no adult experience. I cant believe you actually had a girlfriend. Then again, now i understand why she left you. Thank you ex girlfriend. I got a jem! Right?" He recalled her bubbly conversation that was solely meant for him. In front of others, she is always the aloof First Lieutenant.  ​

"Very good. Then, i will let you know of the position for you at MyungJoo grandmother's company. I'll see you as my SA-WI when you officially end your career in the army",General Yoon said his piece and released DaeYoung. The words "SA-WI" did not once sound attractive in his ears. DaeYoung clenched his fist as he walked the long path out to his bunk. Problem now is how is he going to announce to his Aplha comrades, especially to SiJin, his good buddy and elite commander. Wost still, he did not know how to disclose this news to MyungJoo, who is still at Urk.

Months passed. DaeYoung fulfilled his dispatch one by one and this was the last one with his team. Definitely out of his character, Daeyoung initiated a BBQ dinner together. While everyone was lost in the joy of a free treat, SiJin's face darkened and rejected his offer instantly,"Im not free. My beautiful doctor is waiting for me tonight." He had known of DaeYoung's act right after his decision. He thought DaeYoung will fight with him on every battle til the end of their glorious retirement. He could see his eyes that leaving the army force is the last thing on his mind. Seo DaeYoung is born a soldier. Everyone knows it.

"MyungJoo arh... my precious grand-daughter. Come nearer, let me see your pretty face. How can a girl like you stay at the war-zone area for 8months! I have drilled your father's ears on this! And why didnt you say anything about your boyfriend coming to work in the company? Such a sly girl. Are you trying to give me a surprise? To check if im happy with his abilities and looks?" MyungJoo had finally came back from Urk. Being the only grandchild of the family for both his father & mother's side, she was totally spoiled since young. But she kept herself in check and grown up fondly by all the family members.

"What did you just said grandma? Seo DaeYoung is going to work in the company? Impossible! He's a dangerous man. Desk bound job isnt one for him. He'll be bored to death. And his expertise will be wasted. I wont allow that!",MyungJoo aswered her grandma like she had grown two heads out of her.

"Your father came to me personally on this child. Are you sure i am getting this wrong? Looks like you are hidden in the dark again. Be calm now. In order for you two to date with marriage in mind, he has to leave the army. He can never hold a higher rank than you. In our status, you kow that will be look down on. He loved you so much to sacrifice that. So, please do not fight with your father on this. I met the boy. He's charming in a "black" way.",her grandmother explained. She knows this is not going to be good news to her hot-headed grandchild who took off immediately.

His phone rang. Yoon MyungJoo. Without waiting for the next ring, he picked up. But he did not expect her to sound so angry. "Where are you now? We need to talk!",MyungJoo's temper was not one to kid around. Changing back to her army uniform, she went back to the camp where her boyfriend is at. Throughout their conversation, he was emotionless and she was all heated up. She kept repeating what she wants is for him to be happy. Being with her wont be happiness if he let go of something he fought hard to achieve in his career. His eyes betrayed him. MyungJoo left him alone.

"You cannot do this to him Apa! Why should you mind his rank when i myslf dont see it as an issue? If this is your pride, i guess you better have it check! The man i love put his everything to protect this country. You cant just ask him to resign so he can marry me! I will marry him no matter what, be it you like it or not!",MyungJoo bashed through the family house and shouted right at her father who was sitting on the sofa.

"Is this the way to talk to your father, Yoon MyungJoo? You love him. I gave my permission. What more can you ask from me? He love you enough to willingly switch his career. Why are you angry about now? I told you before not to regret if i ever give my acknowledgement in you two. So now its your turn to make a choice. Accept him in his new career or let him go back to where he is best at?",her father said plainly to her.

"In the end, you are not giving your blessing. You are breaking your daughter's heart. This time round, i am telling you. Dont regret what you have just said, General Yoon.",MyungJoo's eyes turned cold and left the hall. Her father was shocked to hear her adress him in the official way. Since then, MyungJoo rarely came home on her breaks. She avoided her father no matter how her mother pacify her to make-up. During this period, MyungJoo met up with SiJin. She had made up her mind what was best for both of them.