04:

RUN

 

After a few minutes of series of thoughts, Kyungsoo ate so much to make his upset tummy full. He returned to his unit, all fattened up with the money that Seulgi slapped him with a.k.a the agency’s budget for him.

He was really impressed by how that new agent Kang Seulgi did her assignment well.

Before dozing himself to sleep again, he called Chanyeol for his report.

“She’s really good though. I didn’t have time to greet her properly.” Kyungsoo muttered to Chanyeol, his eyes closed.

“I told you. You’ve been missing a lot since you’re always competeing with Sehun. You didn’t even try to acknowledge the other agents---Hello? Hello?”

Kyungsoo had dozed off.

---

“Aish, how do I even get to go inside his unit? How do I even make a conversation again? Kitten? Kitten?” Kyungsoo’s mind was in another state of calamity and he cannot straighten it out.

He began hitting himself while his eyes were roaming around the beautiful city illuminated by the sun. The temperature was surprisingly not that hot yet; maybe it was because it’s just 5:30 in the morning.

“Augh Kyungsoo.” He whispered. “Think straight, you cannot fail this. You can’t cause another mistake or else…”

Kyungsoo was really frustrated because of the series of events were turning not exactly of what he planned and what was aggravating him more was the time. Usually, his undercover work would last only up to four days but his case now felt completely foreign since it will take up a lot of his time.

Jongin also looked like he was somewhere, off of Kyungsoo’s radar.

“Woah woah, calm yourself!” He heard a voice from his right. Even if he wants it to be Jongin, it still turned out to be the laughing man. “You look really disturbed.”

Kyungsoo only nodded.

If you wanted to gain more information, befriends with neighbors. Don’t blow up your cover.

“You should go for a jog.” The boy told him and stretched his muscles. “This condominium’s jogging track is hast that Park-y feeling. You’ll like it.”

“I heard your name is D.O” The boy continued that got Kyungsoo’s full attention. “I’m Franchesko by the way.”

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed, “F-Franchesko? Doesn’t sound anything Korean.”

“You can just call me F if you’d like. Franchesko is my Christian name.”

“F as in failure?” Kyungsoo tried to do a lame joke.

“F as in food.”

“Oh.”

“Nice meeting you neighbor.” F said with a smirk. “Our other neighbor isn’t that friendly though.”

“Him?” Kyungsoo pointed Jongin’s lair. “W-Was he always like that? In solitude I guess?”

“Maybe he’s an introvert or an awkward uhh. We don’t talk that much ever since I lived here.”

Kyungsoo smiled small, “So he was like that a long time ago? Years I guess?” Kyungsoo tried to squeeze information from Franchesko. Maybe there was some clue with Kim Jongin. Junmyeon’s agency dug up his past but some things are unclear for them since they were either brutally true or made up to be tampered with. 

“I’ve been here not too long though.” Franchesko grinned. “Maybe, I’ll be here not too long too.”

“I guess we’re the same.” Kyungsoo replied. If I could get into Jongin, I’ll leave this place. “I’m D.O by the way.”

“Doesn’t sound Korean.”

They both laughed.

--

Kyungsoo can still remember how they were trained with sessions to test their capabilities of distinguishing the tainted ones from the innocent. They were given missions to deal with other people with complex personalities and crooked emotions. But what Jongin was showing to him was seriously bugging him. When he saw the criminal smile, it seemed like he was getting brainwashed. Kim Jongin was a beautiful man, was.

Kyungsoo also knew that in order for the fugitive to stay inside the country was to fit in but vaguely speaking, he had done well except for a few times wherein he becomes daunting to even look at.

Kyungsoo looked from left to right to locate Jongin. Chanyeol told him that his transactions are made in the evening at some bar or sometimes inside a van. During mornings, the agency isn’t sure the criminal goes.

Except that Kyungsoo tried to find it out.

Kyungsoo spotted him having a jog around the so called ‘little park’ of the residences with Monggu. Kyungsoo sat on one of the benches, lowkey observing Jongin’s every move but was also being careful. Now how would he enter that scene?

Although he doesn’t want to admit but Kim Kai was scorching than the sun that moment. His arm muscles and veins were popping out due jogging and the sweat running down his neck was truly sinful. His lean chest was also being hugged by his white shirt. His lips parted beautifully while dips of labored breath came out of it.

Kyungsoo averted his gaze. Okay Kyungsoo, think of another way. Okay wait... I needed to be an interesting character in front of his eyes so he’ll remember me. Whatever Chanyeol says, I’ve got to catch him and spin him around my palm.

When Jongin passed right in front of him, he decided to talk to him.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo started. “I-I…” He became rather speechless when Jongin stared right into his very own pair of eyes with intensity. Kyungsoo denied to gulp and carry on. He was being silly.

“Uh, again, I just w-want to apologize what happened last night.”

Jongin doesn’t say a word.

“We all have complicated sides I guess.” Kyungsoo smiled sweetly. “I’m D.O by the way. Can I treat you breakfast? It’s a sign of apology though.”

Jongin smiled cockily, “Then would you be my breakfast?”

Kyungsoo felt his throat run dry. What the ing hell!? “Uh, what?”

“I said would you like to be my breakfast?” Jongin said shamelessly, eyes running down Kyungsoo’s body. Raking his curves and later on his lips.

Jongin knew the boy was somewhat cute but he doesn’t have time for some retarded bulls.

Kyungsoo knew things like this sometimes approaches his undercover works but it had been a long time since he even had a conversation with a maniac.

“E-Excuse me?”

“I’ll that as a no.” Jongin answered and walked away while holding Monggu.

As much as Kyungsoo wanted to stay shocked, he cannot let another day pass. Jongin has a story and I am willing to figure it out.

“W-Wait!” Kyungsoo ran after the criminal.

He’s so interesting like a puzzle that I want to put together to know what kind of picture it might portray. He was too much challenging but do Sir Junmyeon want his agony to be prolonged? I was this close to him, I could bring a gun and shoot him myself but of course, I cannot be making the same mistake twice.

“I’ll pretend that I’ve heard nothing. J-Just let me make it u-up to you!” Kyungsoo huffed a large amount of air after Chasing Jongin. The criminal stopped midway. “You trust me that much?”

“I-I…yes, you’re my neighbor.”

Jongin tsk-ed, irritated. “The world is full of demons D.O,” Jongin gritted his teeth. “You might be wanting to be careful of who you trust.”

“But you’re my neighbor.” Kyungsoo protested. “I know we all have dark sides but I think it’s not wrong to be friends---“

Jongin scoffed, “Friends.” He murmured. “I am not a very trustworthy person.”

“B-But---“

“ off.” Jongin says coldly and left the agent sulking.

--

“He’s such a tough nut to crack but I like it.” Kyungsoo told Chanyeol at the other line after asking his partner a few more information about the criminal.

“He’s not some cold and arrogant highschool student Do Kyungsoo, you should be careful of not just him but also your surroundings.” Chanyeol warned. “Seemed like your next conversation with him will be really hard. If only Sir Junmyeon doesn’t want him dead…”

“Trust me on this Yeol, I can lure him.” Kyungsoo assured. “I can figure out another way.”

Kyungsoo had just sulked inside his unit after Jongin had turned him down. He studied his profile and his connections. Afterall, he couldn’t follow him everywhere but what he was relieved is that Chanyeol tracked the bar Jongin’s going in and out of to do the Seoul Triad’s business.

“I know you can.” Chanyeol agreed. “Just be caref---“

They both stopped talking when they heard a loud gunshot. It echoed through Kyungsoo’s ears. He suited himself. “Yeol, did you hear that?”

“Get your gun Soo. What if this is a raid?”

“No.” Kyungsoo protested. “It’s coming from Jongin’s unit.”

“You are not going in there.”

“I need to check it out before the whole security does.” Kyungsoo muttered stubbornly, turning his phone off. He slowly walked towards the balcony, holding a cup of coffee to make it not too obvious.

Monggu was barking endlessly inside.

Kyungsoo wanted to jump from the balcony and investigate already but his guts are stopping him before he does something he’ll regret.

Then he heard it again, breaking of a few plates and figurines.

Kyungsoo tried to ignore it but he cannot let Jongin to die.

What if it was Jongin killing?

No.

He cannot do that here!

After a few minutes, the sounds disappeared. Kyungsoo hastily went towards his front door and attempted to open it but he stopped when he saw from the camera a mysterious man.

Who is he?

When the boy disappeared, he twisted the door knob and casually hummed. “Okay, how do I change my passcode.” Inside, he was dying from curiosity. Even though he wanted Jongin to surrender, he cannot have other kkangpae ruin his mission.

“How do I---“

Kyungsoo was startled when Jongin’s door opened and revealed the boy who had a bruised lip and bloody fists.

Kyungsoo focused on the door but after three seconds, he easily averted his gaze from the door and faked to greet Jongin.

“Hello----What happened to you?”

Kyungsoo faked a shock while observing Jongin. Who was with you? Was that an unsuccessful transaction?

Jongin shrugged him off until they both got inside the elevator.

“A-Are you okay?” Kyungsoo also faked a concern. Damn it Kim Jongin, if the plan was to kill you I would’ve---

His thoughts were cut off when Jongin suddenly glared at him, eyes fuming in anger. The younger had also grabbed Kyungsoo’s waist effortlessly and pinned him against the elevator. He immediately pressed the close button and gazed at Kyungsoo.

If he was just Do Kyungsoo, he would’ve twisted Jongin’s arms but now he had to pretend weak although Jongin might kill him inside.

“W-What---“

Jongin pinned both of his wrists against the wall and gritted his teeth, “Listen carefully,” Jongin’s hold onto Kyungsoo’s wrist was harsh. “You can make all the troubles you want but don’t ing interfere with mine.”

Ting!

Jongin released his grip and stepped out of the elevator at the next floor and rode another one.

Kyungsoo gasped for air as he caressed his wrists. Jongin’s palm still had a mark on his white skin and it irritated Kyungsoo to death.

“Troubles I want huh?” Kyungsoo clenched his fists. “Let’s see.”

---

oh my Gawd jongin can you not? is this version better? comments pleaseeee