sc #1

RUN

This is a special chapter about Kim Jongin’s perspective when he first saw Kyungsoo or should I say, D.O.

Let’s time travel for a few days. //insert lightsaber sounds

***

K I M    J O N G I N

 

 

This will be the last time.

This might be the last time that I’m involved.

“Jongin? You still there?”

I unconsciously nod while I palm over my face.

“Jongin, it’s too late to stop. You’re already a part of this; you can’t run away just like that.”

How come I can run away from time to time but not run away from who I am?

“They’re coming for you.” Jongdae tells me. “Eversince Ten got me that news about Jackson Wang and also about the capture of Bobby; I think they will aim for you and Kris.” He continued and my grip around my phone tightened.

“Do I have to thank you for your warning?” I asked. “Let them come to me, I doubt they’ll find me.”

“They’re smart Jongin, those people coming for you are people who will lock us down and shut the world from us.” Jongdae sighs and I think I’m going to lose my sanity off.

“Now just do your thing and seal those things with you and Huang Zi Tao and we’re good.” Those were Jongdae’s last words before he hanged up that annoyed me. He didn’t even let me finish.

I look at the sky and try to imagine things, how could I stop?

How could I stop being me?

Then I glanced at the other people, loitering around, walking with no worries and some even rolling on the grass, living life to their fullest.

I can also do whatever I desire and to the fact that I’ve already done some things that are way beyond these regular activities.

I already violated the law.

I already violated my laws.

I am not part of these sea of people who are ought to be called, normal.

I was never one when I was born. In fact, I’d rather be an alien than to be what I am today. I accepted who I am because I needed to and that’s something I can’t change.

I can’t be someone I’m not and I am Kim Kai.

I am someone not worth keeping because I am someone who deserved to be shut down. Nothing stops in my world, no one ever tried to discover who the I am. In fact I already gave up to being normal.

I just hated myself because sometimes, I act like it and think like one.

Wine, cocktails, fancy drinks, girls, gambling, casino, blood, illegal advances and cigarettes, those were some of the things that controlled my life. Those were the factors that made up who I am today.

There was nothing particularly new happening in my life rather than the switching of identities and houses to keep running.

It’s been 7 years of running and 7 years of fate switching. Going after risky stuff and getting all the good stuff, cheating death at its finest and polluting my body isn’t even new.

 

I sigh as I walk down the small park with my head down, always in disguise, always on the run.

It’s always been like this.

I needed to seal my deal with Tao.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“Fifty million won for a sachet of what I need?” He repeats in a low voice. “That’s messed up Kim Kai, are you changing prices?”

I rolled my eyes and crossed both of my arms. “I am here to seal a deal in only 5 seconds. My time isn’t worth of your complaints.”

He raised an eye brow. “My company’s doubting if this is secured.”

“If we don’t make this any quick then yes, it isn’t secured.” I started to grow a little bit impatient. A few moments, people will stare at us and suspect what we’re doing. Though a lot of people come here, some barely notices and that’s what I just hold onto. I let my wine glass encircle on my palm.

“How about the ecstasy?”” He asked with a plain face.

 

I flicked mytongue when a girl in a y black fitted dress walked past me. Her large arse almost made me drool. Luckily I just controlled the urge to grab her waist and take her there. I shrugged my thoughts to avoid the rise of a possible and instead pressed my phone open.

 

7:36 pm

 

“The Wu triad produces top quality armor and drugs, we just deal it. If you won’t give trust to what Kris can do, then I’m afraid I still have to seal you off to secure the things I’ve said to you.” I explained and drank all the wine, bottoms up.

Tao’ forehead ceased, “What do you mean seal me off?”

I chuckled and palmed his small gun from my pocket. “We all know what it means….If you called me, you give me the money and we’ll give you the things you need. Backing out isn’t present in our vocabulary.”

Tao gulped and I saw how I hit a nerve. If he doesn’t agree to my rules then he’d be dead for atleast 7 seconds ago. Tao sighed as he nodded and opened his phone. I glanced over his phone to look at my account; it went from lower 300,000 won to 32 million won in an instant.

“It’s still halfway. When I get what I need, I’d pay full.” Tao decides.

After the small talk, Tao and I stood up, shook hands and exchanged sharp words and glares.

“Transaction Completed.”

That’s what I texted to Kris with a low smirk.

Although I tried my best, I promised to myself……may this be my last.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up with an unexplainable sense of uneasiness. I could feel something coming up and I don’t like it. I glance over my phone and browsed some SNS accounts and it was confirmed, Jackson Wang was still on the loose and that means…..EDA failed?

Sweat was running down my temple and I tried to wipe them off. The sunlight made contrast with my skin, giving me a glow. I sleep with no shirt on to hold the weather since it’s very different than in Korea.

I think I knew why Kris sent me off here in the Philippines it’s because I can blend in well and the country is far off a hiding place.

I dressed up in comfortable clothes and glance at the mirror while I grabbed my camera. A morning coffee although quite late might be nice.

And I just look so ing normal.

I didn’t even bother to brush my blonde locks and just let it messy.

Whatever’s coming today, I’ll take it.

 

“Hey buddy, wanna come with me?” I asked Meonggu as I tapped his head. He’s the only one I believe can tolerate my actions and could make me flip down. It’s always meonggu whom I could trust.

And it’s always Meonggu who accepts me for who I am.

Meonggu barks and tried to perk his ears up which I found adorable. I place my camera around my neck and have Meonggu stroll with me at the café just a few blocks away.

 

 

 

 

 

I just noticed something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried my best to deny it and make a possible fast conclusion because I know that they might pin me down here. How is that possible that they found me that easy?

I took a sip of my coffee and tried to let his glances slide. I haven’t seen the whole picture of him but I think my suspicions are clear.

The way he moved, his mannerisms and the way his heart shaped lips moved when he answers his caller.

He’s looking at me.

And I bet he doesn’t see me either.

 

We’re having these kinds of walls.

 

I stood up after a few minutes, I think I know how to confirm my thoughts.

How do I even know this?

I don’t know.

I just get that sense that that orange round guy is someone else.

Someone…..that’s even dangerous than me.

 

And he could be that someone I was waiting for.

 

 

 

I set my camera and tried to take photos as I walk. I walk past by a convertible and noticed at the side mirror that he’s 5 ft away from me.

Funny thing is that he doesn’t notice.

I lit a smile that would give him a mind .

It’s captivating to think that he thinks I’m clueless while I’m not and I think he’s normal but he’s not.

It’s more of a 7th sense.

That’s when I also noticed Meonggu was nowhere to be found.

I make a quick turn when I saw the orange guy just bumped onto someone else and after a few minutes, he came into panic mode because he lost me.

Things might have escalated quickly but I know how these people work.

Within a short period of time, I observed him and noticed how big his eyes were. How heart shaped and plump his lips were and how lovely it is as it gaped open. He looked younger than me and he looked very innocent.

His acting is so natural that I might even think there’s no difference, no mask.

I ceased my forehead and stare at him for atleast 3 seconds.

 

 

He looked ing beautiful.

 

I don’t know why am I suddenly attracted to this milky orange guy but there is something from him that made me lure into him. There’s just something in split seconds that made me throw him a second glance. There was just something……something which I don’t want to discover because I might give the in.

 

 

I wonder what’s going on his head and I bet he’s looking for me.

 

 

With a smile, I stepped out of the other lane and pretended that I was looking for Meonggu. A small puppy also walked by and I just took him a picture. This wasn’t just a disguise; I thought it was a great hobby back when I was a kid. Minah would always make a pose for me whenever I tried to grab my mom’s phone and take pictures in different angles and lightings. I remembered how I loved taking pictures of leaves and trees around my mom’s garden, how lady bugs moves and how the moist the leaves are in the morning dew.

It was a small hobby that I decided to kill but sometimes I used my dead hobby as a disguise.

 

I’ve always known in my world that Love doesn’t give a about people like us and I’ve always kept my thoughts guarded. Sometimes, I find ways to have my conclusions wrong.

Yes I was wrong, I lived wrong.

And that’s how it’s always been.

I’ve always kept a distance around people and tell myself; yeah I’m pretty much comfortable with no one but me. Just me and entire loneliness to keep me balanced since nothing was ever worth the risk.

 

No one.

 

But now as that boy stared to me I just found something deep within my soul that was triggered.

 

No one was worth it but then strangely,

 

I was naming this boy an exception.

 

That’s why I made an excuse. He’s finding me right? Then I’ll give him what he wants and I am hoping that he’ll give me the answers I need.

 

“Hey cutie!”

 

Prove me wrong and shoot my head, telling me you’re no exception.

 

Prove me that I can’t stay.