02:

RUN

Changed it to 3rd person but some important chapters might be in kyungsoo's point of view

--

A Week Before

Insadong, South Korea 11:34 pm

"Let me go!" A man growled two more men holding both of his arms. His left knee was bleeding and same as his lips. His suit was torn and the man was hardly gasping for air. Sweat and blood covered his whole body as he was dragged into a dark room with only a small fluorescent bulb lighting the whole room up.

" this let me go!"

A guy holding his right arm tsk-ed and kicked both of his legs making him kneel under the light. The man groaned in pain while shivering. His tension became a bit more doubled when he saw motion from the dark corner.

"K-Kai..." the man mumbled, scared to death.

The man named Kai smirked from the darkness and slowly walked towards the groaning man. He gripped his revolver tightly and pointed it on the man's head.

"Kim Namjoon." Kai muttered and placed a finger over the trigger. "Oh how I pity you."

The man trembled when he heard the revolver click. He doesn't actually call for help for he was always the one who was ordering around for the kills but now it was entirely different.

"P-Please...No..." the man begged.

Kai turned to Tao who was beside him. Zitao nodded at him, a signal for him to go on.

Without hesitation, Kai pulled the trigger looking straight at the man but avoiding his pleading eyes.

Blood scattered around the room, some of it splattering his shoes. Kai tossed the gun to one of his men and exited the room having Tao trail behind him.

"Is he the last?" He asked Tao, stopping at his tracks.

"I hope so." Tao answered slightly grinning, tapping Kai's shoulder. "You have your flight this evening, be sure to fix everything."

"I've got it secured." Kai said blandly and walked his way only to stop at the end of the hallway due Tao's breaking of the deafening silence.

"I saw how you killed the man Jongin." Tao supposed, trying to be subtle. "Just so you know that you cannot escape who you are."

Jongin ignored Tao's remark and walked away.

"You cannot outrun who you are now." Tao whispered as his eyes followed Jongin's silhouette before he disappeared.

 

 

--

Present time 

"Aish." Kyungsoo muttered when he accidentally bumped his head on the airplane window. Lazily, he cursed when he gazed at the small tv in front of him. "Aiyoo," He mumbled. "It's already finished."

The movie that he loved so much was already finished after being asleep for almost 30 minutes. Entitled Toy Story 3, it was indeed kyungsoo's favorite. It wasn't part of his very childhood but he liked Woody's adventures so much that always got him giggling like a child.

He caressed his head and glanced at the Window. On mission, today was his first day. He was on the way to the said location of his fugitive, at where Kim Jongin was last sighted.

Shoot, that guy....He'll really Run.

Kyungsoo stared at the folder that he was holding all the time.

CASE 1214:

Kim Jongin Age: 23

Case: 1488

Alias (es) : Kim Kai

Last Location: Philippines

Years of Escape: 4

Drug involvement:

Associates: Kris Wu

And so goes on.

In his first Case, he has murdered a Rich Family in a Mansion near Gangnam. The father received the total of 30 stab wounds (different parts of the body), 3 gunshots (Chest, Arm and left leg) and a slit on the neck. He also stole something with his associate Kris Wu. One daughter was and drowned in a pool and the other one was stabbed. The mother was shot in the head and had 8 stab wounds. The youngest was able to escape but after Two days, his dead body was already floating on the Han River.

He was also wanted in France. He killed Joonhyung Dee, a rich billionaire last December. Dee obtained over 12 stab wounds.

His latest cases now stated that he was involved in illegal transactions, drugs and was the right hand of one of the most wanted Kkangpaes. He was barely touched due his connections to the large organization called Seoul Triad.

His associate, Kris Wu was nowhere to be found too. He was next in target after Kim Jongin.

So My Mission here is quite unusual. Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo was fond of pretending to be someone else as a disguise to gain, retrieve and recover different things. We was quite known in that field and also excelled. In this case, he must trail Jongin for almost 30 days or less.

30 days without suspicion.

And what's the hardest thing?

Gaining his trust.

Kyungsoo knew that it sounded a bit impossible. Gaining the criminal's trust? Really? He had known that fugitives like Kim Kai don't really trust people especially themselves. They are isolated people with a lot of inner self conflicts and demons.

Kyungsoo wished that Jongin would repent so that his mission would be a lot of easier. Kyungsoo wanted a challenge too but after what happened in Venice, he wished that everything would be stitched back and that arrogant thin devil Oh Sehun would not brag that much after he's claimed to have topped at the agency after his downfall.

It irritated the doe eyed guy so much.

I am still spaced out by the fact that I need to gain his trust. What should I do? Should I bake him a cake? Should I be friends? Kyungsoo's mind fought inside.

He's a criminal, he'll suspect. He sighed. But how? Without suspicion how? I need to be not obvious or else another failure I create.

"Good Day everyone, Welcome to the Philippines." The Flight Attendant said then smiled. Kyungsoo gazed over the window as NAIA Terminal One comes closer and closer.

And Kim Jongin....comes closer too.

----

Makati City in Manila. 9:21 am

This is the day of my Mission, my disguise.

Kyungsoo fixed his orange shirt that he bought from an Ukay-Ukay and faded denim shorts. His knees down to his legs were exposed and he also wore a cheap pair of shoes. He needed to look like an innocent boy who's looking for a job in a big city. That's his disguise because for today and the rest of the days, he'll temporarily be, D.O

His biography include that he's living in Ilocos with his grandmother and her three cats. After she died, he began looking for his own fate since there was no one left for him. His grandmother didn't leave anything besides a large chunk of money for him. Pretty great right?

Never blow this up.

As he strolled alongside the streets, he finally reached the condominium after an exhausting walk. The temperature was hotter than in Korea making him sweat and thrive for water. And Sir Junmyeon or Minseok was not calling him making him worry in the foreign country.

"Finally." Kyungsoo whispered. He tottered to the lobby and showed him his fake ID and reservation that the agency wrapped for his identity. He smiled politely when he got the chance to wonder inside. When he reached the middle, he saw the garden, swimming pool and a few establishments. It was big and definitely luxurious.

The fugitive's got a taste of living ey?

Kyungsoo roamed around wherein he got his keys. Suite 809 at 27th floor. He boarded the elevator and made sure of cctv cameras inside. Few other people came boarding in and out too. The elevator came empty when he reached the 24th up to the 27th floor. He could also tell that the edifice was new due of the wave of the guests.

---

"Wohoaaa, nice money." Kyungsoo mumbled as he wondered around his new suite. It definitely cost a fortune. The interior was basic and it was black and white. The bed was covered with a blue velvet comforter. It was refreshing knowing how cold it is inside. It was a simple studio type but grand.

Two rooms, a small library, the living room and kyungsoo's favorite, the balcony.

Breathtaking. It was kyungsoo's reaction when he opened the huge sliding door. Reviving wind and the sight was never to ignore. He sighed knowing that he had started a new life, a new chance.

Even if he wanted to stay, he needed to move and find his target.

--

It's been an hour of trying to find his fugitive.

Asking would've been absolutely wrong but when he caught sight of a man in a long trench coat and black shades, he automatically knew that there was something wrong with him.

His aura screamed different than the others. Kyungsoo trusted his instincts. The man walked down the lobby, lips pursed and chin down.

He positively blended in but I could sense something enigmatic. Kyungsoo thought. He might be wrong but how that man's blonde hair fall down his cheekbones, he's got the signal.

I never thought that this was hard and so it was. I usually have no problems in doing covers but this one; I must say is the hardest. Yes, it was way harder than in Venice.

He followed the guy up to the nearest coffee shop and sat down on one of the chairs. His elbows on the marble table and gripped the nearest newspaper beyond his reach, covering his face while trying to observe Jongin.

It even made him more determined when the guy removed his dark shades and wickedly sipped on his coffee. After a while the man got his phone and it looked like he was already talking to someone.

I must say his skills are quite impressive. Hiding is very hard but pretending was the hardest. Kyungsoo stated in his mind without any doubt.

He was 6 feet away from the tainted man but he could still see how gorgeous his disheveled blonde hair and plump lips were. He was tanned and even wore a "Peace Yo~" printed shirt beyond his trench coat. He had his rogue and bad boy aura.

Yes, Chanyeol was right. He was kind of hot. Kind of? Tsk, he's such a waste. If he's not a criminal he could be an artist or a model. With his long body, he could also be a great dancer. He wasted his life. There are so many opportunities than killing. Maybe this guy is insane--- kyungsoo's thoughts were cut off when his phone rang with the caller named Park Chanyeol.

"What!?" Kyungsoo spat at him. "I don't need you here, I'm on a mission!"

Kyungsoo heard him laugh at the other side of the line.

"Kyungsoo, I am part of that mission too. I am the one tracking him for you and giving you information. Chill your heart out." Chanyeol supposed. Oh yes, there are 2 teams for this Operation. The Tracking Team and the Observer, me.

"I know you're still bothered of what Sir Junmyeon had told you." Chanyeol implied. Kyungsoo chewed on his lower lip unconsciously and tried to hide his frustrations. So far, I still have no plans. I still have no idea on how to gain his trust. How could Sir Junmyeon formulate such operation!? He's a criminal for Heaven's sake.

"But hey, I can help." Chanyeol continued.

"Wow, your help. Wow." Kyungsoo said sarcastically. Usually Chanyeol's plans lead to unknown disasters. This mission is very delicate. One wrong move and then it all leads to catastrophe.

"I know how to gain his trust!" Chanyeol said with full determination in his voice. Because Kyungsoo was getting desperate, he heard him out.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Okay spill it."

Please make sure that your plan will be worth my time.

"Make Him fall for you."

Kyungsoo's eyes popped wide. What is he kidding!?

"You're crazy." That was the only closest thing he could ever respond with.

"No, really." Chanyeol protested. "I've been thinking of it these past few days. Kyungsoo, I think this is the easiest way----"

Easiest way!? Make him fall? Tch, I would love to break his bones than to make him fall in a different kind of fall. He's a criminal. What is this, Stockholm Syndrome?

"Chanyeol, I am not in the mood. Do you want me to stab you?" Kyungsoo said threateningly. "He's a heartless criminal and I guess love Is not in his vocabulary you idiot." He continued.

He's really crazy. Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun really suit each other, unearthly crazy couple. What made him even think that way?

Kyungsoo then suddenly felt shivers when Chanyeol stated his opinion,

"Yes, Kim Jongin might be a heartless criminal..." Chanyeol smiled. "But still, he has a heart."

Chanyeol's words gave him second thoughts.

After a minute of silence Kyungsoo managed to speak. He cleared his throat. "You're insane."

"Kyungsoo..." Chanyeol reached out, wanting to explain. His voice was somewhat grim.

"Chanyeol this is a serious matter. Do you even hear yourself? Make him fa—You know that's stupid right? How can you even make him fall? You think Love at first sight would even work? Do you want me to dress like a lady to seduce him!? Chanyeol this is not a fairytale! Do you even know what his hobby is? Killing and mur-----" Kyungsoo never got to finish his protest when Chanyeol butted in. He's dread serious.

"Can you tell me what our plan is Do Kyungsoo?"

Gosh he sounds like my mother.

"Stick with him and get his trust." Kyungsoo answered oh so simply.

"You're not listening very well." Chanyeol grumbled. "Our plan is to stick and observe him for thirty days or less. Get his trust as soon as possible. On the 31st day, take him to the Site for his capture. Even though it seems impossible, then that's what you signed up for right? Kyungsoo you pleaded for a second chance, Sir Junmyeon had second thoughts but he gave you that chance and now." He took a deep breath.

"You're wasting it? Kyungsoo, friends won't work with him. As crazy as my plan sound but try it. Love is everyone's weakness. Attraction is the first step. Who knows his story right? He has a heart kyungsoo. He might be a criminal but don't you think he also longs for someone who could make him feel that past is the past? Jongin is a criminal, name him beast or devil but he's just like us. He has his emotions too, his own story. Always remember that Even the Heartless Villains have the most reasonable motives."

Then the line went dead.

Kyungsoo have never ever heard Park Chanyeol speak that way. He was grave about it.

Now I'm damn guilty.

Kyungsoo took a glance at Kim Jongin again. What would bonnie and clyde would say?

Jongin was now getting up from his seat. He removed his trench coat almost making me drool at his flexing muscles. His body...looked well built.

Two waitresses passed by as well as a family. I expected Jongin to ignore them but it came the entire opposite. He ing smiled at them.

You would not really think he's a criminal. He blends in pretty well. I lowered my head and sighed. Then what am I supposed to do? How can you even seduce a criminal? Should I do a one night stand just to get information and his trust?

Kyungsoo stood up because he's walking away. He slowly follow him with heavy footsteps.

Damn Kyungsoo! You're making it obvious.

"Hey watch it!"

He muttered a sorry when he bumped into someone. He tried to find Jongin once again but the fugitive was already a few meters away from him. He postured himself. He needed to get the criminal's interest.

With that, he got his phone once more and closed his eyes for a few seconds.

And go!

As kyungsoo passed the lobby and he noticed that many people are entering. It looked like a group that came to pay a visit at someone.

Aish, I lost Jongin.

He scanned every corner, mumbling incoherent words to not blow his cover. But then this happened...

"Hey cutie!"

Kyungsoo stopped. He never got a chance to hear his voice but this voice...

"Cutie! Come here!"

Sounds...like his voice? There was just something, some force making me turn my attention. I turned around and Jongin was magically 7 ft away from me. He was clapping his hands and his eyes glittered in delight.

What?

"Cutie, come here."

Oh God. He was gesturing me to come? He called me cutie? What!? I stared back at him. He was really staring at me. No wait----

"Don't be shy."

Kyungsoo, don't assume. You're not cute.

"Cutie! Yah!" Jongin clapped his hands once more. He smiled again making kyungsoo's internal conflict go wider.

"M-Me?" Kyungsoo asked unconsciously and even pointed himself.

What the hell am I doing!? The ---

"Come here." Jongin gestured. Some passerbys were glancing at them and grinning like an idiot.

Kyungsoo felt something inside him, tickling. He felt like his mission was almost complete. He walked towards Jongin with slight amazement but he then stopped walking when he realized that there was something off.

Why would he even call for me? And cute? When was the last time someone told me I was cute? When I was inside my mother's womb?

Within another step a brown puppy came dashing towards Kim Jongin making kyungsoo stop. "Cutie, I am telling you to come to Appa and you----Aish, don't wander around like that okay? You're getting me nervous." Jongin told the puppy.

That 'Cutie' is not you Kyungsoo. Do you look like you're a dog?

The hell.

It was a mistake.

Kyungsoo turned around to cover himself. He was blushing because of extreme embarrassment. Jongin saw him and he acted like a pabo! because he thought that he was being called!

That was not such a good first impression. Kyungsoo hoped that Jongin didn't notice it.

That was lame Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was too preoccupied when suddenly someone called from behind.

"Hey!"

Walk away Do Kyungsoo. Who the would call you?

"Hey orange round guy!"

What the---?

What did he call me!?

Kyungsoo faced the one who called him Orange Round guy and gave that guy a dreadful stare but to his surprise, it was Jongin. He was laughing his heart out. "Yah! I saw you!"

Kyungsoo felt his world stop and his cheeks getting redder.

"Monggu-yah," Jongin now talked to the puppy he was holding. "Does that guy look like you? Huh? Huh?" Jongin even pointed kyungsoo that made kyungsoo's blood boil and in the same time be stuck at the moment. Monggu just barked.

"You're funny." Jongin told Kyungsoo for the last time before turning his back and boarding an elevator.

Kyungsoo glanced at his back hoping that there was someone behind him. He looked underneath, maybe there's another puppy.

But there was none.

He spoke to me.

He really did.

Oh god.

I unconsciously smiled.

Chanyeol was right; I didn't know who's the real Jongin. I don't know his story. But still.....He's that Tainted guy. Maybe this is part of his disguise. He's the master of disguise. But how come a man like that is the Tainted guy?

 

The guy destined to die on the 31st day.

 

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh only his mood to be broken by another guy who was laughing his heart out at one side. Kyungsoo's smile faded and gave that guy a cold stare.

 

"I see you're dying of laughing right there."

 

The guy shut his mouth and controlled himself but after a second, "You seem to be a pretty interesting neighbor!"

 

As much as kyungsoo wanted to strangle the guy, he just kept it to himself.

 

You've got a long way to go.

--

 

 

 

 

 

YA'LL ITALICIZED WORDS ARE KYUNGSOO'S POINT OF VIEW! DOES THIS VERSION THAN THE FIRST ONE OR-- i'd like to hear from ya'll

+ I graduated Junior HS! Jongin aren't u proud of me?