01:

RUN

Revising date: 01/20/17

Status: Uncompleted Revising ; will be announcing which chapters revised.

Author’s Notes: Run is back mah hoes! This is the newest version although it might include a few old version sheets.

 

--

RUN

A Kaisoo Fan Fiction

Genre: Action, spy!au, romance

All Rights Reserved 2017 © Seoulchonew

 

--

 

“If I risk it all, would you break my fall?”

  • Writings on the Wall, Sam Smith

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Golden Rule: Find the tainted man and raise the flag of justice. This we oath by blood, our faction.”

 

Venice, 10:21 am. One week before the Incident.

 

 

“RUN!”

It was everyone’s cue.

“C-Chanyeol,” Luhan found it harder to breathe since his stomach was hardly bleeding after being stabbed a few minutes ago. Chanyeol stopped running and observed his hyung who had his lips cracked and bloody. Luhan was also pale and he looked like he couldn’t last longer.

“Luhan hyung you should just rest. Kyungsoo and I will take care of Jackson Wang.” Chanyeol warned his hyung. Luhan seemed to hesitate but forfeited in seconds. His hands were already getting soaked by his blood. “I’ll have Minseok hyung to get you.”

Chanyeol quickly sprinted away, eyes focused around the shops at Venice, finding two very important people who are both in the run.

“DO KYUNGSOO!”

And there they were.

Jackson had his hands around Kyungsoo’s neck like he was a piece of meat. Kyungsoo swung his fists and tried to break free as Jackson tugged his hair. Chanyeol mumbled a when Kyungsoo got thrown by Jackson against the window of a certain edifice. Loud crash and people shouting were the things that enveloped Kyungsoo’s ears. His back was sweaty and bloody. Shards of the window came digging in his back and it was too painful for him to move.

But does he have a choice?

Chanyeol scampered towards Jackson. He restrained himself to get his gun from his pocket. Kim Junmyeon’s words echoed throughout his ears, “Bring Jackson Wang to me, alive or barely.”

Chanyeol grabbed a nearby chair and threw it towards Jackson. The criminal smirked when he dodged it and charged towards Chanyeol, choking him to death while he pulled out his gun from his pocket and it made contact within Chanyeol’s chest.

Kyungsoo barely stood up from the building but when, at his peripheral vision, saw Chanyeol being choked up and almost begging, he instantly got up and ignored the lingering pain around his back. He ran and panicked when Jackson threw Chanyeol by the river. Jackson got his hands bloody and his expression grinning.

Kyungsoo was triggered.

Chanyeol desperately tried to keep himself above the river, water almost entering his lungs making him gasp for air.

Jackson aimed at Kyungsoo and began shooting the agent continuously. Kyungsoo dodged and rolled to his right threw a metallic chair towards the murderer. The gun flew away from his hands that got him swearing. Kyungsoo, despite the height, lunged him and kicked his chest. Jackson staggered on the ground. Kyungsoo leveled him and punched him breathlessly making Jackson’s jaw flinch in stinging pain. Jackson raised his leg and s it around kyungsoo’s making the agent stumble on the ground and Jackson crawled desperately towards his gun.

“ those people who meddles!” Jackson shouted with all his might and another reign of bullets came contact with the ground. One bullet was buried at Kyungsoo’s thigh and shoulder. Kyungsoo tried to stay alive, his hands flinching, trying not to get his gun.

Alive or barely Kyungsoo.

Jackson cast a wide smile when he got the agent coughing blood. He was lying on the floor, looking beat up and almost lifeless. When he got the proper chance to bury a bullet through Kyungsoo’s chest, that’s when he noticed that he’s short of supply.

Jackson wasted no time and grabbed the same chair that Kyungsoo threw towards him. He raised it in mid air, ready to smash Kyungsoo’s face but the agent already lost his patience. His body was numb and he’s got no choice at all.

Avoid his chest, his heart. Alive or barely Kyungsoo.

He furiously placed his finger on the trigger.

“ Kyungsoo what did you do!?” He heard Minseok’s loud screams from the other side when Jackson fell above him,

With a hole inside his chest.

--

 

--

 

Present Time, El Dorado Agency. 8:49 am

 

Kyungsoo heaved a long sigh when he was told to wait outside of Junmyeon’s office. He knew that his cruel fate must’ve started and now he’s at the edge of losing his job. Ever since that incident at Venice, People started doubting his capabilities. The Agency lost millions of won because of the mistake that Kyungsoo did and nonetheless, Junmyeon’s precious information came into halt.

I can’t lose this Job, not now, not ever. Kyungsoo thinks; he was already drowning himself with his thoughts. But I’m sure Uncle would not take me out on this job. I’m sure I’m sure.

A certain knock caught Kyungsoo’s attention. The door opened and revealed the gloomy face of Chanyeol.

“Soo….”

“Oh don’t look at me that way Park.” Kyungsoo told Chanyeol with his arms crossed. He knew that his only friend was worrying for him but he hated that feeling.

The feeling of being a disappointment.

The one given sympathy.

But now he needed to regain back his former glory and prove his worth.

He must.

Chanyeol just tapped Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “The Intelligence agency’s struggling for information…Sir Junmyeon’s fumed.”

Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol. “I know Chan, I know.” He replied blandly, trying to net get pitied. His rank was affected too and their case with the Wu triad worsened.

The Wu triad case was still at large. He knew how the Agency’s desperately trying to find a way to bring and haunt that group down but the Triad was too protected that holes were almost invisible.

There will be a way to cover this up; trust instincts Kyungsoo. He told himself before entering Junmyeon’s office. Still the same ambiance greeted him. Junmyeon’s office was still spacious and clean. Except for the few files stacked on his table and a few folders on the Sofa. One thing that changed,

It was the portrait of him. Kyungsoo tsk-ed inside his head. Previously it was a beautiful painting of an Orchard but now he threw that away for his face!?

“Kyungsoo,” Junmyeon called out, snapping kyungsoo out of his thoughts. “We’ve got a lot to discuss.”

“Where’s uncle? I thought he’ll be the one judging me?”

“He couldn’t make it.” Junmyeon simply said while sitting on his swivel chair.

“Is he with Sehun again?”

Junmyeon finally stood up and punched the table with his left hand shouting, “We’re in my office and you don’t even know how to act polite!” Junmyeon grits his teeth. His patience was already cut off due to stress. “May I tell you exactly what you’ve done a few days ago huh? Why are you acting all fine?”

Kyungsoo just kept his mouth shut but bowed to apologize. He knew that he doesn’t need to brag his accomplishments in the past but he couldn’t bear his loss. After all, everyone has their greatest downfalls.

Junmyeon massaged his forehead. “Sit down.” He told Kyungsoo and the other one silently obeys.

“The Agency lost millions of won, some cases were put on-hold and I’ve got my secretary to attend a meeting to inform the intelligence agency and the press of how the Wu Triad’s still making transactions, roaming the streets. People are more endangered, human trafficking and drugs will be at its best state. The police almost gave up on the Wu’s case; they’re still depending on us.”

Kyungsoo just bowed his head again. All he needed is another chance.

“No matter how I wanted to give you a suspension, I just couldn’t,”

Junmyeon’s words caused Kyungsoo to smile inwardly. Sometimes being on top has many benefits for they can’t suspend you that easily because of your background and your other accomplishments.

“But, there is one thing that there is one special case set for you. Your uncle said that on this, will depend your job and his judgement. Fail it then return your gun and badges. He said you’ll just stay home and cook.”

 “What!? I can’t stay like that and---”

“I know, that’s why he told me that you should be entrusted with this.” Junmyeon explained, his tone was still serious. “Besides, Undercover work is still your forte. I’m still having my balance of your set of failures.”

Kyungsoo hastily looked at the grey folder that Junmyeon’s holding.

“This is just easy, it’s undercover work. I work best for that.” Kyungsoo answered confidently.

“Yes you are but….” Junmyeon paused, slightly doubting. “You are not.”

“Are you underestimating me?”

“No but I could tell that this might be your hardest mission.”

“Why would that be?”

“Formalities Agent 12.” Junmyeon reminded him. Kyungsoo bowed in apology. He was sometimes courteous to him but sometimes he doesn’t. Junmyeon was his old friend back in his high school days and being too formal was a lot for him to bear.

You have to, he’s your boss.

“I want you to enter their world. Observe them and blend in and once you did, feed us with the information we need and slowly,” Junmyeon breathes out, “Ruin them from the inside.”

“What will I do?”

“Since Jackson Wang is already erased from our list due of some unfortunate events, we’ve got our latest lead. He’s even better and he might be our answer, our defense.” Junmyeon stated. “His name is Kim Jongin, Wu triad’s right hand. He’s your mission.”

“Welcome to Case 1214,” Then Junmyeon arrowed Kyungsoo a picture. The latter stared at the picture and his mouth slowly went agape. Jongin’s got his disheveled blonde hair, plump lips, tanned skin, well built features and a deadly smile.  

“I want you to observe him for as long as 25-30 days or shorter. I want you to put him under surveillance. Rather than putting him up in jail first, I want you to tail him with being suspicious. Find out where are the other members, observe transactions. When the information is good, we’ll tell you a site; get his trust if possible and bring him there. I want you to double up personalities Kyungsoo. Kim Jongin is not an easy man. You have to read the criminal’s mind.”

“What do I do when he’s being suspicious?”

“Divert him.”

“What if he’s not interested?”

“He’s human.”

“Not everyone is a human.”

“I’ll have you get the lead.”

“I will.”

“Be careful, do not get caught.”

 

Kyungsoo nods. After all he doesn’t want to suffer the consequences.

“Hyun Sik is really hoping that you’ll not fail on this one.” Junmyeon’s expression even hardened. “We cannot easily track a Wu triad member due of connections. The Triad is very large even though they’re run by a single boss. Jongin’s our last hope. Promise us that you’ll never fail this one.”

Kyungsoo nods, full of determination, “I will.”

 

And from Junmyeon’s trusting smile, Kyungsoo promised himself that the Venice incident will be the last failure that he’ll cost the agency.

He swears it.

--

 

ya'LL i revised it for the better... i hope