9th May 2010

Death Row

[Edited: 07/09/2018]


Seven years, it's been seven years since I was first locked up in this -hole - well, seven years and those extra six days.

Not a single days goes by without me thinking back to the pain and fear that was etched all over their poor faces. Sure, I thought that what I was doing was the correct thing to do, however I was nothing but a fool with too much spare time on my hands. Although I suppose that is what coems with being a kid.

"What's that smirk of yours for, huh?" There he goes again, my guard, Namjoon. He was assigned to me part way through my seven years here and blesses me with his presence every single day. "Four years and yet I still haven't gotten a word out of you. Are you a mute or just incompetent?"

I lift my gaze to meet his and clench my teeth. Of course this unsettles him and causes him to go back to reading his beloved sports magazine. I smirk again, it's rather amusing to toy with him if I may say so myself.

Carrying on; I was a fool. See, being cooped up in this place hasn't exactly been the best. As luxurious as it may seem, being let out only two hours a day and only having about 12 feet moving space in this cell can do all sorts of things to you. Fortunately, bordemn has been the only thing that has affected me. That's not fair though as I do read from time to time. My current read being Demian by Hermann Hesse, however a large majority of the time I just sit and think. I think, what would I be doing right now if that day had never even happened? What are my family doing while I rot away in this cosy jail cell? How much longer will my sanity last before it eventually deteriorates into nothingness.

My case went unsolved, but it was obvious that I was involved in the murder so that explains why I'm here. It was open for only a few months, mind, before they all realised that neither of us were going to spill, therefore the only ones knowledgeable as to what happened that day would be myself and my partner in crime - whom I was well accquainted with before that fateful day. What happened to him? Well, he's here with me, just a couple of floors up. We haven't made any contact with each other, how could we? That's practically an open invitation to conspire an escape or who knows, another homicide. That aside, I'm certain that he's still here.

Everyone seems to be on edge for some reason today, I would ask but...well I'm sure you have comprehended it by now. Why do I chose not to speak? It's simple, see, if I talk then I'm simply going to get questioned and I do not like to be questioned. As soon as you open your mouth you are instantly swamped with inquiries and that is not how I have been taught to live. Or how I have taught myself to live.

It's almost 5pm now, visiting hours would be over in just over half an hour. I know nobody would ever come to visit me, but I still wait. I've been waiting for seven years after all and besides, there isn't much variety in the way of other activites to do around here. As much as I'd love for someone to come and see me, they wouldn't get much out of me and I know that it won't happen anyway.

"Well, well, Kook, it looks like you have someone that's come to visit you." Namjoon stated to me through the bars. I could be wrong of course. "C'mon then, we'd better get you set up for them; whoever that maniac wanting to see you is."

----

I have no idea who this man is.

I've been sat here for a good couple of minutes and neither of us have said a word. He hasn't made any effort to break the eye contact I established. If he was going to sit in silence for the whole ten minutes of my visiting time, then I'd much rather do this at a later date; todays lunch managed to upset my stomach.

"Jeon Jungkook, correct?" At last, he speaks however his question is met with silence. "Quite the talker you are I see."

He has the face of an actor that's for sure: soft features, light brown hair - dyed of course - and expensive looking clothing. Maybe he is an actor, I wouldn't know after all I've been denied any access to the outside world for almost a decade. An unsettling smirk tugs at the corner of his lips, encouraging the upset, churning my insides.

"Seeing as it doesn't look like you'll start talking any time soon, I'd like to tell you exactly why I'm here." Well there's a relief. The staring contest wasn't for naught after all. "I'm what you would call a Private Investigator. That means that I go around solving cases about people like yourself. People that don't open up and instead wish to rot away in a hell-hole like this one."

This guy definitely doesn't give off much of a friendly vibe, but who am I to judge? I'll admit to referring to this place as a hell-hole once or twice.

"I've solved more cases than you've had birthdays." He sneered, the smirk on his face growing as well as a striking glisten that sparked from his eyes. He stood up from his seated position, ready to leave as visiting time had finally come to an end. "If you haven't guessed already, then I'll enlighten you by letting you know that that cold case of yours is officially back open."

If today had been what I'd classed as a bad day, then things are about to get much, much worse.

----

Thank you for reading, I apologise for the long wait for an update but if you enjoyed it, then make sure to leave me your feedback and to subscribe and upvote!

anyway,

until next time!